BWV GV's!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
DH and I are planning a family gathering, 3 nights Beach House at VB and then 3 nights BWV GV, with 2 other rooms for additional guests. This will be June '08 later in the month...we'll be celebrating 40th Anniversary and DS and DDiL will be celebrating 10 years. I will call day by day. Awhile ago, people mentioned that it's not a particularly busy time for the Beach Cottage..what about BWV...again, I'll call day by day, but at 11 months out...has everyone who wanted a GV at BWV, gotten one in June?

See, there are threads about newbies obsessing, we'll I'm a "midbie" with nothing :confused3 (better) on my mind than think about our 40th anniversary trip!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Don't have an answer for you, Bobbi, but just want to wish you luck. This sounds like a GREAT way to celebrate! I don't blame you one bit for getting ahead of the game. GOOD LUCK!pixiedust:

Thank you! I notice you have a trip coming up...we'll be at VB, but then at VWL for nights of 21 and 22...Enjoy your trip...with your friends, the best sort of trip!

PS. In the past month, we've visited our sons, in New Orleans and Boston, and DH actually mentioned to all concerned. I was determined not to begin planning yet, but there, he went and got the ball rolling. DDiL's birthday is right around that time too, so we have lots to celebrate...10 years ago, we tried to get the then honeymooners on our European cruise (with other families as well) but some of her family health issues got in the way. We got the money refunded which we gifted to them, but spending time together is a big present for all involved, so we're hoping this comes to pass.

I'll call day by day, but at 11 months out...has everyone who wanted a GV at BWV, gotten one in June?

Not really. They will be calling with you so it's a good idea to call day by day considering how few GV's there are. I will be doing the same for December of 2008. We would like to have a Grand Villa for Christmas and know we have to call every day. We had one for Thanksgiving of '04 and it was terrific.

Good luck. Don't dwell on it too much since there's not a lot you can do for four months.

HBC

Just sending you good luck ('cause I don't know either, LOL)

Carol

If its early June , I'd say your chances are better as some schools don't get out until mid June. That said, we were able to get a GV at Boardwalk this May/June starting the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend for a week. I was actually calling for a 2 bdrm as it was about at the 8 mos mark and on a whim asked if the GV was available. It was, so I snagged as many nights as I had points for. I had to wait until the 7 mos window to get the last few nights and I was able to. I had to waitlist one night, but got it within a few days. I was so surprised it was available. We have wanted to stay in a GV at the Boarwalk since becoming members in 1996. Its a huge amount of points, but we cancelled a trip last summer and had banked points we had to use, so we decided to splurge! I just can't wait. Good Luck and Happy Planning!

Hi, sadly, it's later in June...oh well...I'm going to try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter