BWV happy or not vs SSR

missymagic

"Once Upon A Time Their Was An Enchanted Castle"
I was trying to book Dec 7-11 unfortunately I just became a member this Oct so I didnt have very much of a window. I was able to confirm 2 days at BWV and 2 days at SSR. They called to day and said they could book me all 4 nights at BWV I have never been their. Took the tour at SSR and I am not sure if I should have held out or if I will enjoy BWV. Need some encouragement to ease the mind. I am traveling my DD5 and DD8.

Thanks, M

BW is lovely. Its our home resort. You'll love being able to pull your kids from the pool at 4:00 and be in Epcot for a 5:00 dinner - see Illuminations and walk home. Its also really close to MGM. The pool slide is one of the best on property.

I'd stay at one resort for such a short stay if you can. Switching isn't horrible, but I think even if BWVs wasn't to your liking, you'd find the headaches of moving mid trip over a short stay worse.

You will like BWV. It is beautiful at Christmas.All of the resorts are all nice. I have never been disappointed! You have 40 something (?)years to try them all. Why don't you pool hop at SSR one day. You can do that now that you are a member! Good Luck!

BWV is a wonderful place to be - especially in December. You're just a short walk away from EPCOT - the Holiday tag to IllumiNations will blow you away!! You'll be able to see the Lights of Winter and the tree lighting ceremony there, too. Don't forget the Candlelight Processional - you may want to see that mroe than once. And of course, the World Showcase is full of Holiday traditions (and shopping opportunities, too). All that less than 10 minutes from your villa!

And only 15 minutes away (if you are an average walker), is the Studios. You can walk/boat over to MGM any evening to enjoy the Osborn Lights again and again.

The decorations in the EPCOT resorts (BW, YC, BC, Swan/Dolphin) are just beautiful- easy to while away an afternoon or evening just walking around Crescent Lake and wandering into each lobby. Don't miss the "chocolate" creations - BW is likely to have something special again this year and IIRC, the YC will have a candy/chocolate carosel.

Of course you can see and do all those things if you stay at SSR, too - but they won't be just steps away from your villa! My advice is to save SSR for another trip.

Best wishes -

I guess when i started booking the csr at DVC said most likely I would end up at SSR so I pretty much took their work and looked into the locations for room requests etc. But now I am thrown for a loop and know nothing about BWV. So back to square one. I guess I shouldnt complain I know alot of people are still waiting. Yes plenty of years to try them all.

Go with BWV while you can get it. You'll be close to all the action. The lobby is decorated beautifully for Christmas. Also, go check out the BCV and Dolphin hotel lobbies. Simply stunning during the holidays.

:rotfl2: The resort is totally horrible and I would not want golf balls coming through my window again.
The hurricane really made a mess of our room with the open walkways.
My wife still has spring marks on her back from the poor beds.
The bar was too close to the pool causing me to walk with a lean back to our room 10 miles away.
Thank god those fireworks have been cancelled as they were so long they kept us awake all night.
We really missed our chicken fingers and hamburgers at that place for dentists or is it artists
We were badly burned from the lack of sunbeds in the shade.
My wife got seasick on the way over to Pleasure Island and was glad when the bus reeached its journey's end.

I like the location of BWV but be forwarned...if you do not want to be in East Egypt the stress the fact you want a room close to the elevators. We had a really nasty CM at checkin who told us our request for a room close to the elevators would not be met and we should take whatever we could get!! We ended up right next to Jellyrolls at the opposite end of everything!! Almost a 20 min walk to the International Gateway! (My DH and I are runners so we even walked at a nice pace) But don't let this throw you. It is a wonderful resort and we have been many times on the concierge level of the Inn side. Go and have fun and say hi to the clown for me!

We just bought at SSR too! I wish were going during Christmas! We have not stayed at SSR, but we did stay at BV this past summer. It was a deciding factor to buying DVC! We loooooovvvveeed it at BV! :love: We had a great room with lagoon and Boardwalk view. Can't wait to go back there!
My DH would tell you......"Don't move during your stay! It is kind of a hassle, but most of all, it wastes half of your day!"
Have a great Stay!
Stephanie princess: :wave2:

Ergens2 said:
I like the location of BWV but be forwarned...if you do not want to be in East Egypt the stress the fact you want a room close to the elevators. We had a really nasty CM at checkin who told us our request for a room close to the elevators would not be met and we should take whatever we could get!! We ended up right next to Jellyrolls at the opposite end of everything!! Almost a 20 min walk to the International Gateway! (My DH and I are runners so we even walked at a nice pace) But don't let this throw you. It is a wonderful resort and we have been many times on the concierge level of the Inn side. Go and have fun and say hi to the clown for me!
FYI the distance is less than .5 miles from where you were at. So if you walked at an ave. speed of 3 miles per hour, it would have taken you less than 10 minutes. Maybe it just seemed like 20 minutes. :)

Measured distance from the Swan and Dolphin Resort to Epcot International Gateway (via the Boardwalk)
11.5 mins - 0.49 miles

The longest hallway at BWV is approx. .12 miles.

Ergens2 said:

Do yourself a favor and never stay at AKL. The Boardwalk hallways only run the length of Jersey, AKL hallways run the length of Africa.

WL Hallways were no picnic either. I think we walked from Yellowstone to Yosemite getting from our room to my parents room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter