• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV Question about room request

Chloe'sMom

I'm wonderful in my imperfection!
I'm disney dreaming here at work. If I wanted to make a room request for the section 1068-1085 standard view will that be really noisy? Should I ask for a higher floor? Will I see fireworks from a higher floor? Is it close enough to the elevators?

Thanks!
~Amanda

The SV rooms that have a view of the fireworks are not close to the elevators -in fact, they are among the farthest away from the elevators! If you want the best chance of seeing fireworks from your balcony, request an upper floor across from the bus stop.

If you want to be close to the elevators, my advice is to make that your request (rather than a block of room numbers).

As far as "really noisy", there have been some reports that the ME/DCL buses and ME luggage activity can disturb those in nearby rooms (which would include the block of room numbers you listed). In my expereience, the most disturbing noise at the BWV comes from other guests - you can hear talking and running/walking noises from the hallways (so the farther you are from the elevators the quieter it will seem). All that said, we almost always stay in SV rooms at the BWV and I have not found noise to be a problem, no matter which room we were assigned. Hope you have the same experience.

I just finished making a ressie for a 2bdr. Boardwalk view for next year, and I requested the top floor if possible. Are most of these rooms quiet? I am hoping that if I get a top floor, I only have to worry about those next door!:)

I've had a boardwalk view 4 times and the noisiest was on the 2nd floor. I always request top floor (5), only got it once, 2 times on 4, one time on 2.

I agree with Carol, if you are close to the elevators in the standard view section you are going to be close to the valet and bus area and it will be noisy. When I book standard view, I request top floor across from the bus stop and have never been disappointed. Unless someone has a disability, I think the distance from the elevator factor is overblown.

We always request high floor. Have never gotten a high floor. Keep your expectations of getting what you asked for realistic.

Last time we were standard view ground floor - worked great though - it was quiet, not far to the elevators, and about 40 steps to the pool for the kids - which was far more important to our family than a partial view of fireworks.

(Even the best BWV fireworks views are partial....Illuminations mostly happens down on the lake and the Boardwalk Inn and the Epcot Pavillons and hill blocks the view of most of what happens.)

It was on the fourth floor, as close as close could be to the elevator. We literally turned the corner and our room was there. Super conveinent!:thumbsup2 I didn't request any particular room.

Our room was right across from the bus stop and I can say I didn't hear even a bit of noise coming from the street. The view was nothing to be exited about, but there was no real drawbacks to it.

No fireworks, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter