BWV refurb is in full swing.

Thought I’d share our experience from this past weekend. We arrived at BWV on Wednesday afternoon and left early yesterday morning. We were on the 3rd floor facing the main pool, just above Leaping Libations (a great room for our 10th anniversary).

At any rate, you could certainly see that construction was going on because of the scaffolding setup outside and one hallway closed off per floor, but we didn’t hear any construction from our room. It was better than I had anticipated.

The only issue we had, which I don’t know if it was construction related or not, but our water pressure in the shower dropped significantly on Saturday and Sunday morning. The water was also not nearly as warm.

Thought I’d share our experience from this past weekend. We arrived at BWV on Wednesday afternoon and left early yesterday morning. We were on the 3rd floor facing the main pool, just above Leaping Libations (a great room for our 10th anniversary).

At any rate, you could certainly see that construction was going on because of the scaffolding setup outside and one hallway closed off per floor, but we didn’t hear any construction from our room. It was better than I had anticipated.

The only issue we had, which I don’t know if it was construction related or not, but our water pressure in the shower dropped significantly on Saturday and Sunday morning. The water was also not nearly as warm.

Happy Anniversary and thanks for the update. :flower1:

They were moving IN furniture into the “Boardwalk Sign” building yesterday and again today. You could recognize the new sofas that work with the new Murphy beds. They removed the back side scaffolding from that building as well yesterday.
They blocked off the front Boardwalk around the ScreenDoor entrance so they could work on the front area. The shop is still open but using the clothing side door to enter.

They were moving IN furniture into the “Boardwalk Sign” building yesterday and again today. You could recognize the new sofas that work with the new Murphy beds. They removed the back side scaffolding from that building as well yesterday.
They blocked off the front Boardwalk around the ScreenDoor entrance so they could work on the front area. The shop is still open but using the clothing side door to enter.

Could you tell what color the sofa was? Maybe they'll leave the lights on some night soon and someone can snap pictures.

Just stayed at BRV and that was such a beautiful refurb, hopeful for my BWV!

Could you tell what color the sofa was? Maybe they'll leave the lights on some night soon and someone can snap pictures.

Just stayed at BRV and that was such a beautiful refurb, hopeful for my BWV!
It looked gray to me from a distance. I tried to get pics but one is so far away from where they are moving the furniture in, it’s a pretty blurry pic just from a phone.

They're doing a good job keeping this one under wraps.. Maybe they will try to hold out until the Annual meeting?

They're doing a good job keeping this one under wraps.. Maybe they will try to hold out until the Annual meeting?
There are people who have Boardwalk view rooms booked for later in November so they should be in new rooms since all of those are being worked on now. However, if Disney is running behind schedule, I would imagine those people will be moved and then yes, it is possible that we see the first pictures released at the meeting. And yes, they are doing a good job keeping it top secret and I hate it! LOL

They had another water issue in the gym area this morning. Workers were cleaning up fallen ceiling tiles and mopping up the floor.
They are taking down the scaffolding at the tunnel area and have also been painting that area on the ground floor. I’m guessing all the scaffolding on the main pool side on that wing will be down by the end of day.
More potted bushes closed off one of the doors to Big River Grill as they work on the ground floor section of the Boardwalk view wing. No scaffolding has gone up on that side but they are using cherry picker type machines to reach up.

We have a standard view 1 bed at the end of December. It sounds like they won’t be working on those until January. Is that right? Thanks

I'm loving all the reports, it's getting me excited for our next trip! Thanks to all who have reported here, please keep the news coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter