BWV refurb is in full swing.

I rented DVC points for March 2024 and wanted a standard view studio and my friend who is DVC said she couldn't believe the limited availability 11 months out. She did not know about the pending remodel. I assume they held them back.
BWV standard studios are a prime target for renters who make reservations and then rent the confirmed reservations on popular timeshare rental sites.

I just received a call from member services. My boardwalk view room has to be changed to a pool/garden, because the boardwalk view renovations will not be ready for another couple of months. We are checking in Dec. 2.
We are checking in for BWV on Nov 30 and have not received a call yet. I have zero interest in pool/garden view so if the call comes there will be some negotiations on compensation for the inconvenience ….

Instead of being upset for any inconvenience (e.g. a different view) I’m just happy they’re doing a refurb and that these rooms will be grand during my next visit. This is one of the reasons I pay dues, and since both views are the same point values, I’m going to be grateful that I’m in one of the happiest places on Earth during such an uneasy moment in global tensions. I wish folks were a little more patient and thankful sometimes.

Instead of being upset for any inconvenience (e.g. a different view) I’m just happy they’re doing a refurb and that these rooms will be grand during my next visit. This is one of the reasons I pay dues, and since both views are the same point values, I’m going to be grateful that I’m in one of the happiest places on Earth during such an uneasy moment in global tensions. I wish folks were a little more patient and thankful sometimes.
Might be the same point value but views are not even comparable … if I want to look at a pool I’d reserve the pool view at the 11 month mark instead of BWV Not really upset at all but there will be negotiation especially since IF I get notified of a change it is inside of the 31 day mark which gives me no legit chance to cancel.

Might be the same point value but views are not even comparable … if I want to look at a pool I’d reserve the pool view at the 11 month mark instead of BWV Not really upset at all but there will be negotiation especially since IF I get notified of a change it is inside of the 31 day mark which gives me no legit chance to cancel.
I agree. We had to be on top of it to get BW view at 11 months out for a December trip. I prefer standard view over P/G because of the point difference. I understand things happen, but there should be some kind of compensation to go from BW to P/G view.

We are checking in for BWV on Nov 30 and have not received a call yet. I have zero interest in pool/garden view so if the call comes there will be some negotiations on compensation for the inconvenience ….
Interesting that you check in just 2 days before us and haven't received a call.

Decided while following this that people love to complain. If the rooms look bad there are complaints, if they work to improve them complaints. We all knew this was happening, if you can't handle it call and see what other property is available. My reservations are a week from today. I will be happy to be there. These are first world problems, not worth the stress.

Good morning ! looking for any new updates from last week - anyone ?
I was there last week, but I have no updates. There were signs near the elevator on my floor:

On the wall:
Project Team Only
Personal Protective Equipment required beyond this point
No photography or video recording unless authorized

On the door:
Please pardon our appearance
This area is being refurbished for your future enjoyment

The door was never open when I was near the elevator.

Decided while following this that people love to complain. If the rooms look bad there are complaints, if they work to improve them complaints. We all knew this was happening, if you can't handle it call and see what other property is available. My reservations are a week from today. I will be happy to be there. These are first world problems, not worth the stress.
I was just giving everyone a heads up on the possibility of their room change. I am fine with it. Other things to worry about right now.

Lol ok ….All they have to do is supply the room view that was reserved 11 MONTHS ago … pretty simple eh?

I just got back to VGF from my Boardwalk stalk and I’m happy to say that it paid off. We are definitely getting murphy beds and the picture while closed is of Goofy and Max at the Boardwalk pool. It looks like we are also getting lift top coffee tables. I don’t know if this means the pull down under the tv will no longer be a table when closed but I assume so. Also, the queen bed looks like it’s the same bed as the new beds in the inn rooms. I am attaching some not so great pictures. It was difficult with the glares and angles to get anything at all. 848AEA6B-D10A-49D3-BFC1-5DC5BCD060F2.jpegE6F028D5-9181-4AC1-8337-070092A744AA.jpeg69864921-77AF-48A3-8DA4-049AB5913741.jpeg1588E642-6C9E-4A72-9B9A-11284E631795.jpeg

I just got back to VGF from my Boardwalk stalk and I’m happy to say that it paid off. We are definitely getting murphy beds and the picture while closed is of Goofy and Max at the Boardwalk pool. It looks like we are also getting lift top coffee tables. I don’t know if this means the pull down under the tv will no longer be a table when closed but I assume so. Also, the queen bed looks like it’s the same bed as the new beds in the inn rooms. I am attaching some not so great pictures. It was difficult with the glares and angles to get anything at all. View attachment 808220View attachment 808221View attachment 808222View attachment 808223
I was there last week, but I have no updates. There were signs near the elevator on my floor:

On the wall:
Project Team Only
Personal Protective Equipment required beyond this point
No photography or video recording unless authorized

On the door:
Please pardon our appearance
This area is being refurbished for your future enjoyment

The door was never open when I was near the elevator.
We are here now- 3rd floor 1 br std. Curtain blocking off other wing with same signage. So far haven’t been bothered by construction.

We were there last weekend in a pool/garden view room
I have to say we had an issue with the mold smell (was pretty bad when you walked into the room but it didn’t bother us once we were in for a few minutes - it didn’t prevent us from sleeping or anything) so it made me super happy to know the rooms are getting a full refurb!
I was able to take a peek at night when they were all lit up and I think they will be amazing 🤩

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter