BWV refurb is in full swing.

Definitely a big empty space in the corner with no table or comfortable chair. Likely just a spot to move the coffee table to when using the murphy bed. With the bland off white paint it kind of stands out pretty bad.

The coffee table does extend up and towards the couch as with other resorts but there are no drawers for storage, just the big area to possibly store the pillows from the sofa pull down bed. Overall storage seems a bit limited to the two big drawers to the left of the pull down single bed. The trade off of course is beds for 5.View attachment 809355View attachment 809356
Thanks for all the photos. Is that Minnie and Donald in the second photo? Its very blurry

Definitely a big empty space in the corner with no table or comfortable chair. Likely just a spot to move the coffee table to when using the murphy bed. With the bland off white paint it kind of stands out pretty bad.

The coffee table does extend up and towards the couch as with other resorts but there are no drawers for storage, just the big area to possibly store the pillows from the sofa pull down bed. Overall storage seems a bit limited to the two big drawers to the left of the pull down single bed. The trade off of course is beds for 5.View attachment 809355View attachment 809356
Thank you for the pictures! I will miss the table and chair(s). It's a great place to set up the kids for whatever they need. You're right, they lost the storage and seating in exchange for beds. I'm not sure if it is due to a lack of space, but the Poly has the storage, seating/table and beds. I too was expecting a bit more color in the wall paint for the theme. Overall, it's a beautiful refurb. I love all of the Disney characters throughout the room...can't wait to see it in person. 🎉😊💜

No table with real, comfortable chairs, no good storage, bland/boring, colorless walls and no more ceiling fans :confused3 I was so looking forward to the BWV renovations but now I feel disappointed seeing the pictures :sad: I have a Boardwalk view studio booked from 12/4 to 12/13 so I will try asking the front desk for a real chair because there is no way I can sit on that low, backless stool for 10 days :rolleyes1
Can’t you sit on the sofa? I think they are pretty comfortable.

yeah, there's an empty spot in the corner...no where to eat?

That's a dedicated studio, there used to be a chair there, in a lockoff there's a door there (no chair).

The "real" table and chairs have been gone since they added the single Murphy beds a few years ago (the loss of the foldout table though, is unbelievable)

Last edited:

Have you noticed if there is any change to The Cake Bake Shop on the BW? I was very disappointed this past February when it wasn't open and now it's looking more and more like it won't be open in February 2024.

Cake Bake Shop construction photos from 10/30/2023

Attachments

• Cake Bake Shop construction 1 Oct 30 2023.jpg
    Cake Bake Shop construction 1 Oct 30 2023.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Cake Bake Shop construction 2 Oct 30 2023.jpg
    Cake Bake Shop construction 2 Oct 30 2023.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Cake Bake Shop construction 3 Oct 30 2023.jpg
    Cake Bake Shop construction 3 Oct 30 2023.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

So disappointed that there are no comfortable chairs in the renovated studios :confused3 A backless ottoman is more like a stadium bench and not my idea of comfort :rolleyes1 What kind of storage is there now :confused: The old white chest provided a lot of great drawer space!

I'll probably be hauling the balcony chairs inside if staying with others. Or my beach chair (regular height, not sand) that lives in my car.

I like to eat at a table, not on a couch or not on a bed or not standing up.

After looking at the Boardwalk Inn reno, it's the same style although I noticed a comfy chair in the room - but still no sitting area for eating, such as we've had in most of the earlier resorts. Can't say I loved the folding table that was attached to the drop down bed, but it served the purpose of being a table.

Also looked like the ceiling fan had been removed, but they kept the old curtains.

Shower and toilet room is pretty pedestrian. I can live with that I guess for the several weeks I'll visit over a year's time.

Overall, there are needed improvements and updates. I can't say the huge headboards are my favorite but I do love the new murphy bed and the new coffee maker!

I think they knocked it out of the park on the furniture, flooring, and artwork. With that being said, I would have preferred they chose a different paint color. The off-white just seems really plain for the boardwalk given how colorful the rest of the resort is. And the bathroom, while very nice, just seems way too plain for a DVC resort. Would have liked to see some more pops/accents that scream "boardwalk" in the bathroom like they did with the boulder ridge refurb.

Overall I think they did a really nice job, and I think this style will keep people happy for the next 7 years. It's a thankless job trying to blend the classic room designs that everyone has been accustomed to for the past 14 years with newer touches/furnishings because you'll never please everyone.

True - you'll never please everyone. But function is also important. Seems unless everything gets hung up, and you have a full 4-5 people for occupancy, people will be living out of their suitcases.

Lucky for me most of my trips will be 1 to 2 people going forward at BWV.

Cake Bake Shop construction photos from 10/30/2023

Thanks for the photos, just as I thought, not much change since the last pictures posted. Very disappointed that this will most likely STILL not be open on our next visit.

I too am disappointed that they took out the ceiling fans. The rooms have a tendency to get warm in the middle of the night and the fans helped to alleviate that problem...I wonder why they decided to not put fans back in, they are relatively inexpensive.

yeah, there's an empty spot in the corner...no where to eat?
It looks like a dedicated studio to me so most studios would have a door there. The dedicated studios had a fairly comfortable chair.

Thanks again for all the time and effort providing us with pictures! You've gone above and beyond!

Thanks for posting pics. Mini nightstand will work well for DH. Looks big enough to put his glasses and phone. Definitely better than nothing!
It's perfect for me also for phone, keys, bottled water at night.

Can’t you sit on the sofa? I think they are pretty comfortable.
Yes, I agree. However, the old sofas were constantly being cleaned from food and other stains. I imagine these will suffer the same fate since people will be sitting there with food and drinks.

That's a dedicated studio, there used to be a chair there, in a lockoff there's a door there (no chair).

The "real" table and chairs have been gone since they added the single Murphy beds a few years ago (the loss of the foldout table though, is unbelievable)
I got used to the silly little table after actually having a fairly large table for in room dining. They did supply decent chairs still. At the time the bigger table had to go to make more space for the drop down bed and the white chest of drawers. Not sure why they took the small table and chairs away, but probably another space issue or too cluttered looking.

We were there last weekend in a pool/garden view room
I have to say we had an issue with the mold smell (was pretty bad when you walked into the room but it didn’t bother us once we were in for a few minutes - it didn’t prevent us from sleeping or anything) so it made me super happy to know the rooms are getting a full refurb!
I was able to take a peek at night when they were all lit up and I think they will be amazing 🤩

The BW standard studio I stayed in last weekend definitely looked like it needed a refurb! There were moldy looking spots in the bathroom on the top/bottom of the ceiling and walls. It smelled fine, but can't wait for the refreshed rooms!

We just stayed in the refurbished SSR 1 bedroom, and I did notice the lack of storage. We've often used the inside of the coffee table or ottoman for that, and I wondered where people would put clothes and things, if staying in the living room. I wasn't a fan of that raised coffee table thing either, I didn't see the point, but maybe it's useful as a higher surface?
As someone that occasionally works while I am there, the raised coffee table worked great for holding my laptop and working.

As far as table and chairs for eating, I think there is more of a crowd wanting to sleep 5 than eat in the rooms. For us, if we do plan on eating in the rooms, we go with a 1BR for a full kitchen. That extra bed allows families another choice of where to stay.

Last edited:
As someone that occasionally works while I am there, the raised coffee table worked great for holding my laptop and working.

As far as table and chairs for eating, I think there is more of a crowd wanting to sleep 5 than eat in the rooms. For us, if we do plan on eating in the rooms, we go with a 1BR for a full kitchen. That extra bed allows families another choice of where to stay.
They already slept 5. It allows families to probably sleep in more comfort. That's a great thing. Staying at Poly with my 2 grands I enjoyed that the bed was much better than the old sofa sleepers; better mattress, neater and easier to operate. Very happy BW (one of my home resorts) finally has them.

Being an older resort there are a lot of us 'older' owners around, some since it opened and our needs may not always be to sleep 5 people. Many of us come in multiples of just 1 or 2 people, so no need for a 1 bedroom although it would be nice to have, depending on having enough points for it. Also, if I remember correctly, the 1 bedrooms still sleep four. We don't necessarily want to cook all the time. Personally I also know how to get takeout delivered, how to bring back leftovers or dessert when I want, or how to order some room service. I also know how to open a bottle of wine and sit on my balcony people watching, and probably reminiscing to my partner about the old days.

Also, many of us older owners don't always 'run' for the parks in the morning. We may 'run' around the lake, or walk early in the morning, go to the gym, or just chill while enjoying coffee and maybe a biscotti in our room. Later we may go looking for more adventure or we may go to a park using our annual passes.

Eventually we'll head out for dinner somewhere. And many of us just don't work anymore. But, what a great place to be when you finish working!

They already slept 5. It allows families to probably sleep in more comfort. That's a great thing. Staying at Poly with my 2 grands I enjoyed that the bed was much better than the old sofa sleepers; better mattress, neater and easier to operate. Very happy BW (one of my home resorts) finally has them.

Being an older resort there are a lot of us 'older' owners around, some since it opened and our needs may not always be to sleep 5 people. Many of us come in multiples of just 1 or 2 people, so no need for a 1 bedroom although it would be nice to have, depending on having enough points for it. Also, if I remember correctly, the 1 bedrooms still sleep four. We don't necessarily want to cook all the time. Personally I also know how to get takeout delivered, how to bring back leftovers or dessert when I want, or how to order some room service. I also know how to open a bottle of wine and sit on my balcony people watching, and probably reminiscing to my partner about the old days.

Also, many of us older owners don't always 'run' for the parks in the morning. We may 'run' around the lake, or walk early in the morning, go to the gym, or just chill while enjoying coffee and maybe a biscotti in our room. Later we may go looking for more adventure or we may go to a park using our annual passes.

Eventually we'll head out for dinner somewhere. And many of us just don't work anymore. But, what a great place to be when you finish working!
Oh, I turn 60 next year so I know all about the "older" stuff. We usually come with my daughter and grandtinker though so those other beds in the living room of a 1BR are a must. I hope the 1 BR's will have both the pull down couch and the little pull down like the Riv and SSR do now after the refurb. We would like to stay at BWV's next year but that would be critical for sleeping.

We are not owners but I rent points or book through WDW depending on best deals. As far as work goes, I work for a foreign company so I may work longer. They treat me great and I work out of my home, have a great work vehicle, get to travel, and have a great boss. To me, I have been in semi retirement the last 5 years but making twice as much as I ever did. No stress and not hard on the body so I will keep my options open. You are right though, working at WDW is great. Work for two hours a day answering emails then head over to MK to give Pooh a high five. Can't get any better than that.

Post the refurb pictures without saying it was BWV and you'd easily think it was the VGF or SSR refurb. I had hope after they did pretty well at VWL but geez. I miss the actual separate table and chairs and it's a shame it didn't get some other oomph. Ah well, 7 years and they'll paint again. Maybe the trend will be for a bit of color again. It's fine and a great resort and location and they can't mess that up!

Post the refurb pictures without saying it was BWV and you'd easily think it was the VGF or SSR refurb. I had hope after they did pretty well at VWL but geez. I miss the actual separate table and chairs and it's a shame it didn't get some other oomph. Ah well, 7 years and they'll paint again. Maybe the trend will be for a bit of color again. It's fine and a great resort and location and they can't mess that up!
It's Boardwalk Inn's little sister. I just can't get over how much the same they are although BWI has a few colored tiles in the shower and more ceiling detail. Same queen bed, same plaid headboard, same pictures, same light fixtures, same flooring.

It's Boardwalk Inn's little sister. I just can't get over how much the same they are although BWI has a few colored tiles in the shower and more ceiling detail. Same queen bed, same plaid headboard, same pictures, same light fixtures, same flooring.
BC and BCV also ended up that way from what I've seen of hotel side pictures. I thought it was better when they did different decor for the different resorts. :(

I much prefer the light yellow paint color on the walls on the Inn side as opposed to the bland, boring colorless DVC walls :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter