BWV refurb is in full swing.

Just checked out of a standard 1BR. It was at the very end of a hall and will I suspect be among the last renovated. The big blast from the past was the heating/cooling system, which was still the old manual control with a heat-off-cool switch and an up-down slider switch to “set” the temperature.
When do you think they will start renovating the standard 1BR? I have a trip in April and was wondering if I would get a new room, be moved to another room, or be in an old room surrounded by construction. First time ever staying at Boardwalk too.

When do you think they will start renovating the standard 1BR? I have a trip in April and was wondering if I would get a new room, be moved to another room, or be in an old room surrounded by construction. First time ever staying at Boardwalk too.

I'm guessing maybe you might get lucky if you were able to book a standard room at BWV. I tried for late Jan/early Feb right at the 11-month window, and everything was blocked out. The reasons for that seems to be due to the renovations. If that is/was the reason, the logical conclusion would be that the rooms should be done when you plan to be there. Now mind you this is only a guess; I have no way of knowing what will or will not be done when you arrive in April.

I hope you are lucky and get a refurbished room. Whatever happens have a magical trip.

I just realized we ended up with real mini fridges instead of the beverage coolers. Thank goodness! I was also happy to see the little shelves by the bed because then my kids won’t fight over the nightstand side for charging. I assume the beds are high enough to store luggage. Can anyone confirm? Can’t wait to stay in April!

The Standard view villas were all blocked off from being booked from early January through early March, so that's most likely when they'll be refurbished. IOW, if you have a Standard view villa reserved in April, it should be refurbished!

I hope you guys can help or give me some insight. I have a current waitlist for a 1 BR for mid February. Do you think I have a chance at all getting it to come through? I didn’t know if I should press my luck elsewhere. TIA and Happy Thanksgiving 🦃.

I hope you guys can help or give me some insight. I have a current waitlist for a 1 BR for mid February. Do you think I have a chance at all getting it to come through? I didn’t know if I should press my luck elsewhere. TIA and Happy Thanksgiving 🦃.
Garden or pool view maybe. Standard- maybe not.

I was able to get a Gv/pv studio at less than 7 months out.

I have a 1 bedroom standard waitlisted for April and I’m not holding my breath 🫣 I almost always have a standard view at BW waitlisted 😂 it comes through every once in a while

We're supposed to check into a boardwalk view one bedroom on 12/6. Every time my phone rings I groan, thinking it's the dreaded move call.

I have a question about the murphy bed. Do you have to remove any couch cushions before pulling it down or do they stay in place?

Oh, this is the answer I was sooo hoping to hear!! Thank You ! May 1st....hoping for one of these!

We're supposed to check into a boardwalk view one bedroom on 12/6. Every time my phone rings I groan, thinking it's the dreaded move call.
There were a lot of workers last week when we were there working on the boardwalk side. Could hear grinding/cutting until 8:30 at night. They are for sure trying to get them done quickly. The cake shop on the other hand had no activity everytime we walked by.

There were a lot of workers last week when we were there working on the boardwalk side. Could hear grinding/cutting until 8:30 at night. They are for sure trying to get them done quickly. The cake shop on the other hand had no activity everytime we walked by.

Thanks for posting this update. I'm so disappointed that the cake shop is most likely not going to be done for our next trip. I try to think positive but at this point I think it's pretty much assured that it's not going to be done by the end of Jan or first two weeks of Feb. Oh well, maybe next year? (That's what I said last year.) :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter