BWV refurb is in full swing.

Does anyone know if the tub has a shower head as well? Like the one at the Poly? Or is it just a tub? I’m assuming just a tub since there’s no curtain.

I see what you mean. To me, it looks like the BWV couch has an extra seat cushion that’s not covered by the bed when it comes down. It’s in front of the open shelf. The SSR and BCV Murphys have a little table in front of the open shelf.

Looking back in my memory, the Murphy in the first refurbed SSR 1BR we stayed in had a chaise at one end of the couch. It was in front of the open shelf part of the cabinet, where the BWV extra cushion is.
Im very curious about this… will BWV be a 5th sleeper now? It seems like BRV now has a fifth sleeper right there, with the same layout as BWV. They just need to provide an ottoman instead of a hard coffee table. Maybe could use the small ottoman from the bedroom.

Attachments

• IMG_5068.png
    IMG_5068.png
    130 KB · Views: 191

Im very curious about this… will BWV be a 5th sleeper now? It seems like BRV now has a fifth sleeper right there, with the same layout as BWV. They just need to provide an ottoman instead of a hard coffee table. Maybe could use the small ottoman from the bedroom.
that doesn’t seem comfortable to me but YMMV!

I'm bewildered at the dining area setup. From the images shared on this forum, there appears to be no room for the dining room chairs in the new BWV refurb. Compared to recent refurbs at BRV and SSR, there's a clear lack of space. My only guess are either 1) The chairs are meant to sit across from the bench seating, or 2) this lack of space is unique to this unit.

I know this has been discussed a bit today, but I included some screenshots of the other refurbished dining areas at the aforementioned resorts, in case anyone is interested.
Yes, it definitely looks like that dining area is a problem. With the chair pretty much backed up to the sofa, and that small arm on the chair itself, it appears you would have to basically squeeze yourself in sideways to sit down.

Yes, it definitely looks like that dining area is a problem. With the chair pretty much backed up to the sofa, and that small arm on the chair itself, it appears you would have to basically squeeze yourself in sideways to sit down.

It looks to me like the chair is too big for the table setup. They could have used a less bulky chair, it would have probably fit better, it may have still been a little tight but maybe a better fit.

I guess what I don't understand with the boardwalk refurbishment is why they decided to put the extra portion of the couch/murphy bed nearest the dining table. These couches/murphy beds are all custom made for DVC, so why the heck did they cram it in there, instead of putting it on the side of the balcony? Putting that extra couch seat by the balcony window opens up so much more usable space for the dining area. Seems like someone from the design team just wasn't thinking. Huge missed opportunity here to make the room more user friendly.

Attachments

• Boardwalk Murphy Bed.jpeg
    Boardwalk Murphy Bed.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 116
Only in a studio, same as Beach Club and Boulder Ridge.

I guess what I don't understand with the boardwalk refurbishment is why they decided to put the extra portion of the couch/murphy bed nearest the dining table. These couches/murphy beds are all custom made for DVC, so why the heck did they cram it in there, instead of putting it on the side of the balcony? Putting that extra couch seat by the balcony window opens up so much more usable space for the dining area. Seems like someone from the design team just wasn't thinking. Huge missed opportunity here to make the room more user friendly.
Yes, looks like someone goofed in bed/couch placement - unless there are safety regulations, such as leaving space between the bed/couch and the balcony slider for emergency exit needs. If that’s the case, then someone in design should have picked different chairs.

Yes, looks like someone goofed in bed/couch placement - unless there are safety regulations, such as leaving space between the bed/couch and the balcony slider for emergency exit needs. If that’s the case, then someone in design should have picked different chairs.
SSR and BRV have them on the other side by the slider.

That’s what I remember from SSR, and there’s room between the chaise and the slider. I wonder what happened at BW - is the wall shorter, the table and chairs different, why so tight?
The chairs just look a lot bigger. And having the chaise on that side along with bigger chairs may be the difference? I wouldn't have thought it was smaller than SSR.

The chairs just look a lot bigger. And having the chaise on that side along with bigger chairs may be the difference? I wouldn't have thought it was smaller than SSR.
I need to see more photos - my memory of SSR in July 2022 is too faded to remember the chairs and the space for them. It was just two of us so we didn’t need to sit in that chair.

I need to see more photos - my memory of SSR in July 2022 is too faded to remember the chairs and the space for them. It was just two of us so we didn’t need to sit in that chair.

Starts at 1:24. It appears the difference is size of Window / balcony door, I'm betting code says they couldn't put chaise on that side.

Last edited:

Starts at 1:24. It appears the difference is size of Window / balcony door, I'm betting code says they couldn't put chaise on that side.

ETA, SSR doesn't have a chair at the table on the bedside... actually strike that, it does. A small practible chair. :)
thank you for the video! yeah, it must be a code issue

One thing that is really irritating me, during the first round of adding the Murphy beds they were installed in floor to ceiling configs. Now they all have a big gap between the top of the unit and the ceiling. SSR was done so much better the more I look.

Attachments

• SSR.png
    SSR.png
    250.7 KB · Views: 109
Not saying what they did at BCV was the better decision, but it's interesting that DVC went with a smaller murphy bed unit. Maybe it has something to do with soft goods vs full refurb. The attachment shows how the similarly-spaced BCV villas did the Murphy bed.

Attachments

• IMG_3433.png
    IMG_3433.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 110

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter