BWV refurb is in full swing.

We just returned from a 4 night stay yesterday, 3 of which were in a renovated Pool/Garden studio. I had requested a Village Green view on the 4th or 5th floor and that's what we got. We were in a dedicated studio on the 4th floor. I might be in the minority, but I really like the renovation. The Murphy bed is SO much more comfortable than the old sofa bed. I would have maybe missed the table and chairs if we had spent more time in the room, but since it was a short trip, we were out and about as much as possible. I found the storage adequate, and really liked the counter space under the tv. The addition of the side table for the wall side of the bed is nice, and I appreciated the extra storage drawers in the vanity. There is room under the bed for luggage if needed. It feels "clean", but not necessarily sterile to me, and I liked the artwork that was chosen. We never used the ceiling fan, as I always felt it just stirred up dust (I don't use them at home either) and I think the room feels more open without it. Overall I am definitely satisfied with the renovation and just happy to call BWV home!

We just returned from a 4 night stay yesterday, 3 of which were in a renovated Pool/Garden studio. I had requested a Village Green view on the 4th or 5th floor and that's what we got. We were in a dedicated studio on the 4th floor. I might be in the minority, but I really like the renovation. The Murphy bed is SO much more comfortable than the old sofa bed. I would have maybe missed the table and chairs if we had spent more time in the room, but since it was a short trip, we were out and about as much as possible. I found the storage adequate, and really liked the counter space under the tv. The addition of the side table for the wall side of the bed is nice, and I appreciated the extra storage drawers in the vanity. There is room under the bed for luggage if needed. It feels "clean", but not necessarily sterile to me, and I liked the artwork that was chosen. We never used the ceiling fan, as I always felt it just stirred up dust (I don't use them at home either) and I think the room feels more open without it. Overall I am definitely satisfied with the renovation and just happy to call BWV home!
We have similar sentiments about the ceiling fans (the dust affects our allergies too much and makes for a sinus-infected trip) and the murphy bed -- which is one of the main reasons we decided to become DVC owners. I refused to have someone sleeping on a couch (bed) and thus for years had been staying in the hotel side of every resort where we could get 2 queen beds. Table and chairs would have been an even better addition, especially in the dedicated studios, but here's to hoping for some in the future. I'm so looking forward to our upcoming stay in the Pool/Garden studio after reading your post. Also can't wait for BLT, AKV and CCV to switch to murphys/double queens.

I Always travel with about a 5" USB desk fan - those can push a perfect amount of air and if you are lucky, you get a quiet one ;) they travel best in a carry on since too much banging around tends to make them noisy.

I love this idea since I will miss the ceiling fan when I'm sleeping. The rooms get too warm for me, I guess you could say I'm a hot sleeper.?.? What brand do you recommend?

I love this idea since I will miss the ceiling fan when I'm sleeping. The rooms get too warm for me, I guess you could say I'm a hot sleeper.?.? What brand do you recommend?
I was in a BWV 1-bedroom (not refurbished) at the end of October and I was freezing. I could have made the room even colder. I found that if I didn't keep the AC on at least a little, it got too musty. (I assume they are changing the filters when they refurb the rooms.) I did not have the fan on.

I am another one who has allergies and can’t stand the ceiling fan being on while I sleep so I am okay with the change to no ceiling fan. However, my husband loves the fan and I am sure there are a lot more people that like to have the fan than not, so many will be unhappy with the change. I do wish that in at least the dedicated studios and the connecting ones if it works they would put a small round table and two chairs like in a few other DVC studios and hotel rooms. Nothing big but just something to eat on and sit in. We stay in studios a lot to conserve points and often have 4 or even 5 people if my kids bring a friend. May need to get more points or just go once an year and start grabbing 1 bedrooms. I know most of the 1 bedrooms sleep 4 but can provide bedding. Do they bring a cot or just pillow and blankets?

I know most of the 1 bedrooms sleep 4 but can provide bedding. Do they bring a cot or just pillow and blankets?
The 1BR that sleep 4, like BWV, allow owners (not Disney cash guests) to book 5 in those rooms, but the guest, not Disney, is responsible for providing all bedding. Many bring sleeping bags, others bring camping cots and are supposed to provide their own sheets and blankets but might manage to get them from Housekeeping. Guests are supposed to provide towels for the 5th person, too, but now that it’s so easy to get extra towels from Housekeeping without an extra charge, I’d be surprised if many guests bring their own.

I am another one who has allergies and can’t stand the ceiling fan being on while I sleep so I am okay with the change to no ceiling fan. However, my husband loves the fan and I am sure there are a lot more people that like to have the fan than not, so many will be unhappy with the change. I do wish that in at least the dedicated studios and the connecting ones if it works they would put a small round table and two chairs like in a few other DVC studios and hotel rooms. Nothing big but just something to eat on and sit in. We stay in studios a lot to conserve points and often have 4 or even 5 people if my kids bring a friend. May need to get more points or just go once an year and start grabbing 1 bedrooms. I know most of the 1 bedrooms sleep 4 but can provide bedding. Do they bring a cot or just pillow and blankets?
We often have 4 or 5 in the room as well, so we do studios a lot. Thankfully we don't spend much time in the room, but when we do it can be cramped. The lift top coffee table made a great place to have snacks and sit on the couch. We take as many trips a year as possible (usually one week and a few 3-4 night stays) and I can't bring myself to go less and use more points for a 1 or 2 bedroom. :-) We added on after our first contract, and probably will again, but it won't be anytime soon.

We stay in studios a lot to conserve points and often have 4 or even 5 people if my kids bring a friend. May need to get more points or just go once an year and start grabbing 1 bedrooms. I know most of the 1 bedrooms sleep 4 but can provide bedding. Do they bring a cot or just pillow and blankets?

We have brought an air mattress with a built-in pump in the past. I had no problem getting an extra sheet, blanket, and pillow.

We just got back from 4 nights in a renovated 1-bedroom. The room was gorgeous, super clean (of course) and seemed to have plenty of seating.

The issue we had with the room was with the hot water, or I should say, LACK of hot water. The water was warm at best. We did call the front desk about it but nobody ever came and we didn't have the time to spend on trying to resolve the problem. We learned that we had to run the shower for a good 5 minutes before getting in which is ironic because they have those signs up about reusing towels for conservation and yet we had to literally let the water run just to get it warm enough to shower.

This was our first time at BWV and I will say my only other gripe about the place is the lack of QS...is Boardwalk Deli really the only option? We ended up going over to YC/BC a few times to eat at Ale & Compass Lounge and YC Marketplace (or whatever it's called) to get some hot breakfast...my DD can't visit WDW without getting her Mickey waffles!

Otherwise, beautiful resort! Loved the proximity to DHS and EPCOT...we ended up going into EP one morning to rope drop Remy then walking back to our room to get our scavenger hunt map that we forgot and heading back...super convenient.

We just got back from 4 nights in a renovated 1-bedroom. The room was gorgeous, super clean (of course) and seemed to have plenty of seating.

The issue we had with the room was with the hot water, or I should say, LACK of hot water. The water was warm at best. We did call the front desk about it but nobody ever came and we didn't have the time to spend on trying to resolve the problem. We learned that we had to run the shower for a good 5 minutes before getting in which is ironic because they have those signs up about reusing towels for conservation and yet we had to literally let the water run just to get it warm enough to shower.

This was our first time at BWV and I will say my only other gripe about the place is the lack of QS...is Boardwalk Deli really the only option? We ended up going over to YC/BC a few times to eat at Ale & Compass Lounge and YC Marketplace (or whatever it's called) to get some hot breakfast...my DD can't visit WDW without getting her Mickey waffles!

Otherwise, beautiful resort! Loved the proximity to DHS and EPCOT...we ended up going into EP one morning to rope drop Remy then walking back to our room to get our scavenger hunt map that we forgot and heading back...super convenient.
This has always been my complaint about BWV and Yacht and Beach too! The quick service options are not great, even the marketplaces at Yacht and Beach don’t have chicken fingers! My daughter is the same can’t live without her Mickey waffles and to a lesser extent chicken fingers lol.

You are not the first person to mention problems with the hot water in the renovated rooms.

When you "call the front desk" you speak to someone at an off-site call center. The amount of help they offer sometimes is minimal. I understand that you didn't have the time/energy to try to resolve the problem while you were there. But if you get a survey, please mention the issue.

You are not the first person to mention problems with the hot water in the renovated rooms.

When you "call the front desk" you speak to someone at an off-site call center. The amount of help they offer sometimes is minimal. I understand that you didn't have the time/energy to try to resolve the problem while you were there. But if you get a survey, please mention the issue.

I already filled out my survey and definitely mentioned the hot water issue and the lack of counter service!

We are checking in on NYE to a pool/garden view studio for one night then moving to a Boardwalk view studio for one night. I hope I get a renovated room for at least one of those!

We are checking in on NYE to a pool/garden view studio for one night then moving to a Boardwalk view studio for one night. I hope I get a renovated room for at least one of those!
The BW view studio should be renovated because those were the first ones they finished. P/G might or might not.

May I ask what room you were in? When we walked around exploring 2 weeks ago it only looked like about eight of the 31 one bedroom boardwalk view units were completed. I have an upcoming stay, and I’m hopeful that they have put more into play.

Great eye!! I was in room 3029 and everything from that room on was closed and being worked on. So all those rooms are not available to be used :sad2: On the second floor, ALL the rooms after the Village Green rooms are under construction as of when I left on 12/13 :crazy2:
That was the room we got too :)

Stayed Dec 20-23 and it was still the last room. Everything beyond on floor 3 closed off.

A few other rooms on the 3rd floor were still be worked on as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter