BWV refurb is in full swing.

Does anyone know if the Grand Villa (3-bedroom) Boardwalk View units have officially been refurbished and completed? I’ve called the resort, chatted online with both Disney Member Services and DVC, and read of some guests being moved from studio or 1-bedroom units that aren’t entirely finished, but I haven’t been able to find anything on the grand villas. Thanks, everyone!
I’m pretty sure that all of the Boardwalk view rooms have been completed and the Grand Villas fall into this category.

Does anyone know whether I’ll be able to book 5 adults in a renovated 1bed villa? Will there be a Murphy bed and a twin under the TV in the living room?

Does anyone know whether I’ll be able to book 5 adults in a renovated 1bed villa? Will there be a Murphy bed and a twin under the TV in the living room?

You can book 5 if you are staying with points, but there is not an extra bed. You would need to provide your own bedding (air mattress, cot, floor, bathtub... :laughing: ).

Edited to add: Yes, there will be a murphy bed, but the under TV twin beds were not added.

Unfortunately, the structural layout at BWV doesn’t allow for the under-TV Murphy beds to be installed. The connecting door to the studio, to make a 2br, is in the way.

So as above, you can book 5 adults if booking with points, but you have to provide the bed for the 5th.

Any updates on the pool view studios being close to completed? Have a stay booked for end of March. Praying we don't get moved !

We just returned Saturday from being in a 1 BDR Pool & Garden view room. Stopped at the desk to ask if we were getting a refurbished room and the cast member said all the 1 BDR Pool views are refurbished. The room looked nice and brand new. We were overlooking the main pool. Construction was going on every day last week while we were there. Some pictures posted. Guessing the wing overlooking the other side of the pool might be the standard ones.

Attachments

• BWV1.jpg
    BWV1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 79
  • BWV3.jpg
    BWV3.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 75
  • BWV4.jpg
    BWV4.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 73
  • BWV5.jpg
    BWV5.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 71
  • BWV6.jpg
    BWV6.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 71
  • BWV7.jpg
    BWV7.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 76
Has anyone been asked to move their reservation AFTER it lets you do online check in? We checked in for DVC deluxe studio pool/garden view for March and I'm hoping that means we are slated not to have the reservation relocated.

Has anyone been asked to move their reservation AFTER it lets you do online check in? We checked in for DVC deluxe studio pool/garden view for March and I'm hoping that means we are slated not to have the reservation relocated.
I don't know [if people have been moved after the system has let them do online check-in], but you can do online check in months in advance, so I don't see how having done online check in would protect you from being moved. People are told that they will be moved when Disney/DVC finally figures out that they are so far behind schedule that they won't have a room available.

Last edited:
We were moved back in December after we had done online check-in. We only got notice of the move a little over a week in advance.

So at my 7 month mark, I waitlisted BWV and BCV for my March trip while I booked AKV-Jambo. I honestly did not really expect either to come through and was totally ok staying at my home resort. But, the BWV (p&g view) came through last week for my trip. Should I be concerned that I may end up moved from BWV studio for 3/1 - 3/8? I probably should have cancelled the waitlist when I heard of the issues in December, but honestly, I never expected the waitlist to match. I would love to stay at BWV (and it would be super convenient for MM on 3/1) as I do love the resort, but I am feeling concerned. And I am sure at this point, I could not get my studio at AKV-J back.

So at my 7 month mark, I waitlisted BWV and BCV for my March trip while I booked AKV-Jambo. I honestly did not really expect either to come through and was totally ok staying at my home resort. But, the BWV (p&g view) came through last week for my trip. Should I be concerned that I may end up moved from BWV studio for 3/1 - 3/8? I probably should have cancelled the waitlist when I heard of the issues in December, but honestly, I never expected the waitlist to match. I would love to stay at BWV (and it would be super convenient for MM on 3/1) as I do love the resort, but I am feeling concerned. And I am sure at this point, I could not get my studio at AKV-J back.
There may be pool garden view studios still being refurbished when you go but there are a lot of them already finished with renovation too. If you are unlucky, maybe you will get moved to BCV--that has happened to others. Good luck!

Can anyone confirm that some of the renovated 1beds have missed out on the Murphy bed? Please tell me it isn’t so! I’ve heard some have a new sofa bed installed.

Can anyone confirm that some of the renovated 1beds have missed out on the Murphy bed? Please tell me it isn’t so! I’ve heard some have a new sofa bed installed.
From reports it looks like the model and at least the 1 bedroom above it on floor 2 have the pullout sofa. Nothing confirmed other than those two that I have seen, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s every one bedroom above those rooms. Whatever design flaw caused them to go with the pull out sofa in those rooms, likely is the case in all the rooms directly above.

From reports it looks like the model and at least the 1 bedroom above it on floor 2 have the pullout sofa. Nothing confirmed other than those two that I have seen, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s every one bedroom above those rooms. Whatever design flaw caused them to go with the pull out sofa in those rooms, likely is the case in all the rooms directly above.
That's a bummer. Do you know what room view category those are? Or even better, what room numbers? I will want to try to avoid them for our 2 BR lock-off. I hope it is not more widespread and just those few (I know I saw a post that did have the murphys so it isn't all the 1BRs).

That's a bummer. Do you know what room view category those are? Or even better, what room numbers? I will want to try to avoid them for our 2 BR lock-off. I hope it is not more widespread and just those few (I know I saw a post that did have the murphys so it isn't all the 1BRs).
I don’t know room numbers, but they are Boardwalk view. Hopefully someone else can help out with room numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter