BWV Refurb

KSR0330

DIS Veteran
Can we anticipate that the DVC refurb will look similar to the inn side refurb? I really like the look of the new inn rooms.

Can we anticipate that the DVC refurb will look similar to the inn side refurb? I really like the look of the new inn rooms.
The DVC side rooms are typically blander than the hotel side rooms at split properties. I’d assume they will look different.

The DVC side rooms are typically blander than the hotel side rooms at split properties. I’d assume they will look different.
I wonder why that is? DVC owners are the biggest Disney fans out there! I won't speak for everyone but I want all the Disney art and details in my rooms. I love the colors, headboard and curtains (and that lamp and artwork!) of the inn rooms. Hopefully there will be similarities.

I wonder why that is? DVC owners are the biggest Disney fans out there! I won't speak for everyone but I want all the Disney art and details in my rooms. I love the colors, headboard and curtains (and that lamp and artwork!) of the inn rooms. Hopefully there will be similarities.
Because DVC is on a longer refurb schedule, and DVC pays for it via dues. So if it were refurbished faster, you would pay for it.

The last two full refurbishments were Boulder Ridge and Saratoga Springs. Both seemed quite well received, with a variety of Disney touches added to the rooms. I do think designers are asked to walk a fine line. There are members who will complain if the designs are too generic and others who don't want their Deluxe villa to look "like an All Star."

DVC dues pay for the refurbs, but I worry somewhat about the impact of inflation. It's literally 14 years between hard goods refurbishments. In a perfect world, the cost would be spread over that entire span to minimize the impact on members' budgets. But with the costs of materials and labor rising as they have over the last 2-3 years, I hope Disney doesn't have to cut too many corners to stay within the BWV budget. Hopefully some of the philosophies from the BRV refurb carry over. They did some nice things with the artwork in those rooms, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter