BWV - remote work

rundisfan

Earning My Ears
Staying at BWV in a few days, but have some meetings that I can't miss. I have worked remotely in the rooms before using a hotspot, but have recently changed jobs and now have to rely on Disney's internet. Does anyone have any experience with this or know if there is an actual wired connection in the room (not just hotel wifi?)

All wired internet connections have either been removed or disconnected.

IMO, BWV is not a good place to have to work remotely if you need to rely on the wi-fi. It is very slow in the mornings and evening due to heavier guest traffic. You might be OK during the day - after the parks are open and most guests gone for the day. We wee just there last month and the wi-fi was awful, especially before the parks opened and then again in the early evenings. It seemed OK during mid-day, but I'd hate to have to rely on it for a business meeting. Hope you have a better experience. It may be dependent on your room location.

With the increased dependence on smart phones, it's really banging on wifi quality.

Staying at BWV in a few days, but have some meetings that I can't miss. I have worked remotely in the rooms before using a hotspot, but have recently changed jobs and now have to rely on Disney's internet. Does anyone have any experience with this or know if there is an actual wired connection in the room (not just hotel wifi?)

do you have a hotspot on your smartphone?

No way figure out your own hot spot, disney wifi (or even wired) is not anything I would ever rely on.

With a 5G phone running a hotspot you should be in good shape anywhere in WDW. The WiFi is ok in some areas. I use it for streaming my Fire stick.

My husband often has work/meetings he can't miss, so he has his own hotspot. The wifi in the rooms is inconsistent.

I worked remote for a week in a studio at Bay Lake Tower and Disney's WiFi was fine. Then I worked a few days from BWV and had all kinds of trouble. Don't expect to video-conference at BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter