BWV ressies with OKW points

Jaga

Earning My Ears
I am about to sign a resale contract either for OKW (cheaper with banked AND full year points) or BWV (about $300 more total cost plus 150 points negative equity cf OKW).

It is a hard one as I cannot make up my mind whether my heart (BWV) or head (OKW ) should triumph.

I am keen to stay at BWV as first choice destination for the hustle/bustle of the boardwalk. I like OKW but I have another T/S in Orlando (off site) that also fulfills the role of a quieter retreat which we would spend our first week. We visit for 2 weeks a year as it is a long way to travel from London for much less.

From posts on the board I gather that BWV may be possible for midweek stays in 1 and 2 bed at the 7 month window although I will have to ring daily but NEVER get a standard view.

Conversely getting OKW at the 7 month window is not a problem in general.

WLV at 7 months is also reasonably straightforward at this time as less owners to use inventory and higher points cost per room

Is this about right....and therefore should I only consider BWV packages if I want maximum flexibility for WDW resorts for the current time OR buy cheaper into OKW and take my chances.

You can't go wrong if you follow the most common advice: Buy where you want to stay !

Jaga. Debby7 is exactly right - that advice is very good. But. If you like both resorts - and hope to stay at both of them from time to time - I would choose BWV. With so much more inventory - OKW just seems much easier to come by - whereas BWV is getting tougher and tougher. In "prime" seasons, but also in the "low point" seasons - like early December.

As OKW owners, we've stayed at BWV for a long weekend in '97, '98, and '99. But for '00 and again this year, I was not able to get what I wanted at BWV for early December - even at the VERY beginning of the 7 month period.

Over time, this all may change - but I would recommend BWV - if you really want to stay there. (And I LOVE OKW!!!)

FWIW....

Jaga, assuming the $$$'s difference between the two is not a major factor, then based on your post I would think you would want BWV. As an OKW owner, I love it, but do stay at BWV's on occassion, which is great in it's own right. Yes, it is a very different atmosphere than OKW, and that's what gives it it's own special draw.

Since you have another TS off-site that you would be using, I would think you would want to stay at BWV's more often than you would want to stay at OKW. Therefore, strictly from a practical standpoint, making BWV your home resort seems to make more sense. This will cost you more, both in the initial purchase based on your statement, and on annual dues, but it will give you that all important 11-month window at BW. Depending on when you go, you would probably still be OK in booking OKW from time to time when you wanted a change of pace, or want to save a few points, etc.

Everyone's advice is always pretty simple: Buy where you want to stay the most.

Good Luck....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter