BWV rooms - in good shape?

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
I'm wondering what kind of shape the BWV rooms are in these days? I am planning on staying in a 1 bedroom villa.

I just listened to a podcast where the person (who stayed there in 2009 or so) said the rooms are shabby and in need of a refurb. Have they been refurbished since then?

Thanks!

I'm wondering what kind of shape the BWV rooms are in these days? I am planning on staying in a 1 bedroom villa.

I just listened to a podcast where the person (who stayed there in 2009 or so) said the rooms are shabby and in need of a refurb. Have they been refurbished since then?

Thanks!

They had a total refurb late 2009/early 2010.

We stayed in a standard 1BR last July and it was in excellent condition!! Ironically, we had gotten the exact same villa on our 2010 trip right after the refurb and it was in just as good condition in 2012 as it was in 2010! :thumbsup2

I was just at BWV in a 1BR last week. The room itself was in decent shape, though there were a few negative things that stood out. One of the counter chairs was stained, the shower had a bit of mildew in it, and the door to the laundry machine had broken off the track and hung awkwardly every time I opened the door.

The worst part of the room was the condition of the balcony. There was excessive mildew around the outside door and all patio chairs were seriously stained with mildew. I did not sit on the balcony at all due to this; it was pretty gross. The other things I mentioned I could understand, but the condition of the balcony was unacceptable.

I did send an email with pictures to the member satisfaction team. We have been members for 13 years and this is the first time I ever felt the need to contact them over the room condition.

I do still love BWV and we really did have a great trip! I'm sure you will too. :)

I was just at BWV in a 1BR last week. The room itself was in decent shape, though there were a few negative things that stood out. One of the counter chairs was stained, the shower had a bit of mildew in it, and the door to the laundry machine had broken off the track and hung awkwardly every time I opened the door.

The worst part of the room was the condition of the balcony. There was excessive mildew around the outside door and all patio chairs were seriously stained with mildew. I did not sit on the balcony at all due to this; it was pretty gross. The other things I mentioned I could understand, but the condition of the balcony was unacceptable.

I did send an email with pictures to the member satisfaction team. We have been members for 13 years and this is the first time I ever felt the need to contact them over the room condition.

I do still love BWV and we really did have a great trip! I'm sure you will too. :)

Our home resort is Boardwalk. Like any of the resorts there can be stains etc. (from the day after a rehab). If there is ever an issue (i.e. mildew in shower... not uncommon with high humidity) I would recommend calling Front Desk/Housekeeping right away and they will address it. If the balcony was gross do the same. We once had a birds nest on a balcony that caused a mess, it was addressed promptly.

Room condition can vary greatly but overall I was very happy with condition earlier this Spring

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter