BWV Seven Months Out

tjls

Mouseketeer
It seems impossible to get a BWV studio at the seven month window anymore. Anyone else having this problem? BCV is home resort but never had a problem booking BWV in the past.

Yea, been trending this way for a few years. Luckily for us, we’re now booking 1 bedrooms with 2 kids and their availability at BWV is much better. Obviously a lot also depends on the view you’re looking for. Garden/Pool views are much more abundant. Standard views are such a great value that they’re usually gone by the 7 month mark.

Unclear whether there is a real change in reservation patterns occurring. In past years, BWV pool/garden studios have usually been open at 7 months out once the high demand fall season ends when marathon weekend in Jan ends. For 2020, those studios have been having somewhat of an issue post-marathon weekend -- one or more days in the week are filling before 7 months out. The issue is whether this a real change or a temporary effect of the new Star Wars causing excess demand in its early going. Other studios that were previously open in prior years at 7 months out in Jan post-marathon weekend -- AKV Kidani, BLT Lake View, and BRV-- are also showing the same problem for 2020.

Last edited:

I think quite a few are walking studios for the Princess marathon in February, too. Things might settle a bit after that window passes.

We are now booking at 7 months BWV 1 BR Standards for our Jan 4 nt stays. Only 80 pts is a great value. We went from BLT Std Studio to BCV 1 BR to BWV 1 BR Std. Love the on-line modification ability. 2 years ago we snagged a May BWV Studio Std 5 nts via Waitlist. It's possible, just takes a little more effort. Good luck.

Depends on the time of year. I booked the end of April this year and was surprised there were studios in all 3 views at 7 months.

Waitlisted one night standard studio this coming August, really wasn't at all depending on it, was very pleasantly surprised that it came through. Doesn't hurt to waitlist, sometimes pixie dust finds us!
:wizard:

Depending on the time of year, it can be very challenging.
Durinig F&W, it is nearly impossible.
So far have not had a problem booking at 11 months, but we also don't do studios very often. Wither 1 or 2 BR.

I think the demand for this location is going to be greater over the next couple of years because of SWGE, even during non-peak DVC times.

I don't even think SWGE has much to do with it. I think its a relatively small resort. Its one of those that every time we poll here, people who own it love it and seldom stay other places - they book early to ensure a stay there. That leaves few rooms available by the seven month window - and as popular as it is, those rooms are going to move quickly once the window opens up. More and more rooms have been added to the DVC system as a whole, but BWV hasn't gotten any bigger (well, they added those few rooms when they closed the sales rooms, but that was negligible). That's different than some of the other resorts, where people bought intending on staying other places as well as home.

If you simplify it and think it through - if 10% of SSR owners (not picking on it as anything other than a large resort) who have booked the first week in May want to stay at BWV, and 10% of BWV owners who booked the first week in May want to stay at SSR, more than half of the SSR owners will be disappointed - just simply due to the size of the resorts. Now factor in relatively popularity with owners and non-owners alike and add ten more resorts (or however many it is), and its is simply going to be hard to book small and popular resorts at seven months. Not that it won't ever happen, but it isn't going to be a given that there will be room available.

I'm seeing this too and wait-listing for a 1-BR in mid-October. I also find it interesting that all DVC resorts are sold out; haven't encountered that before.

I'm seeing this too and wait-listing for a 1-BR in mid-October. I also find it interesting that all DVC resorts are sold out; haven't encountered that before.
You're only four month out from October and you think villas will still be available? Not likely, especially at an Epcot resort during F&W, especially for a holiday week.

All DVC resorts, not just BCV and BWV. Been wait-listed since my window opened. My only point is it seems odd that every resort is full.

All DVC resorts, not just BCV and BWV. Been wait-listed since my window opened. My only point is it seems odd that every resort is full.
The fall during food and wine is the busiest DVC season, well the first 2 weeks in December is the busiest. For fall trips you have to book at 11 months, especially for studios. Most 1 bed and 2 bedrooms have a little leeway but not much, best to book at 11 months. I feel bad for people who bought low point contracts to use them at CCV studios and RIV Tower studios, very limited and people will probably be walking them.

Did you book your home resort at 8-11 months out? That would have assured you have a place to stay instead of trying to waitlist and hoping for a full week in October. It isn't odd at all. This is what we call Fall Frenzy. So many owners want to go in October because of the Columbus Day holiday, because of the Halloween parties, because of F&W. It's a very popular time. It will give you a heads up for next year if nothing else. In November, if you still want to go next October, book your home resort.

Plus with renting so popular now, there aren't many points going unused like in the past. Also with offsite resort owners wanting to go at this time, it make it even harder at seven months out.

I feel your pain about getting a reservation at BWV.

I started on the exact day of eleven months out for December 9, 2019, for eight nights. I had to make five different reservations for my dates because there were no consecutive dates available.

I took me a month, but I finally was able to get all of my nights for a BWV standard roll-in shower studio. Then I called and had a DVC cast member combine them into one reservation.

I had the same problem making a Pop Century Resort standard roll-in shower room at 12-months out. I have been working on it since then and I am down to needing only one day.

I have been checking a couple of times each day for months with no availability for any...any Pop Century resort rooms.

It is getting harder to make reservations.

I am just hoping that one day will open up for me sometime.

I just hope that I don't have to wait until November.

As a matter of fact, none of the Value resorts have availability for the one day that I need on December 8, 2019.

Did you book your home resort at 8-11 months out? That would have assured you have a place to stay instead of trying to waitlist and hoping for a full week in October. It isn't odd at all. This is what we call Fall Frenzy. So many owners want to go in October because of the Columbus Day holiday, because of the Halloween parties, because of F&W. It's a very popular time. It will give you a heads up for next year if nothing else. In November, if you still want to go next October, book your home resort.

Plus with renting so popular now, there aren't many points going unused like in the past. Also with offsite resort owners wanting to go at this time, it make it even harder at seven months out.
And even more people want to go this year and stay at the EPCOT resorts because SWGE opened earlier than expected. There has been a significant increase in the demand for rentals.

Good luck. BWV during F&W is difficult to get anything.
Thats one of the reasons we own there, so we can reserve at 11 months and get what we want for F%W.
Hopefully you get lucky with your waitlist..

For several years availability has been getting tighter and tighter at all resorts for that period of time. Its gone from "yeah, you'll find some studio - probably not Epcot resorts, but if you are on the ball, you might get BWV Preferred View" to "Well, if you are on the ball at seven months - you can get a studio at one of the non-Epcot resorts, or a one bedroom at Epcot resorts" to "you are best off booking your home resort - at seven months you can't count on any studios being open - but you'll probably get a one bedroom somewhere." The next step is "yeah, that last quarter you just need to plan ahead for and book home" And that's seven months - not five. If you haven't been having problems the past several years, you've been lucky - and if you've been making reservations five months out for that time of year, really lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter