BWV Standard Studio waitlist/new question added

Duckfan-in-Chicago

DIS Veteran
I have a studio waitlisted for one night. I have the 5 nights before and the night after. It's a Thursday night standard studio at the BWV. I was reserving it day to day, but I couldn't call for all of the days. I have to be at about 10 months 29 days on this waitlist in early Nov. Has anyone ever been waitlisted that long and not had it come up? I know the F&W fest is going on, but since I have the 5 days before and the day after, I'm guessing someone may have the one day hoping to add on the other ways and give up and move on?

Here's another question. If my waitlist were to come in at the 6 month mark, do I have to use Boardwalk points, or can I use any points then, even though I couldn't get on the waitlist when I did if I didn't have Boardwalk points??

You aren't at the 7 month time frame yet, so people might still change their reservations from the standard view to something else at a different resort. You never know.

........(snip).....Here's another question. If my waitlist were to come in at the 6 month mark, do I have to use Boardwalk points, or can I use any points then, even though I couldn't get on the waitlist when I did if I didn't have Boardwalk points??

If there are others on the waitlist behind you, then yes, you will have to use BWV points for that day. To do otherwise would circumvent the 11/7 month booking rules and would not be fair to other BWV owners on the waitlist behind you. You would not have been able to get that place in line if you weren't a BWV owner.

FWIW, I think your day will come through - individual waitlisted nights (rather than several as a group) have the best chance and you must be high on the waitlist. Hope it comes through soon so you can quite worrying about it.

Well, my waitlist came through. BUT...

If there are others on the waitlist behind you, then yes, you will have to use BWV points for that day. To do otherwise would circumvent the 11/7 month booking rules and would not be fair to other BWV owners on the waitlist behind you. You would not have been able to get that place in line if you weren't a BWV owner.

it was an automatic waitlist so they didn't call. They took the points out of my AKV contract instead of borrowing them from a BWV contract. When I booked I gave them the OK to borrow the points and didn't even own the AKV points.

Sadly I had been waitlisted a few years back and it never got to get them. I ended up at SSR for the week:(

Well, my waitlist came through. BUT...

it was an automatic waitlist so they didn't call. They took the points out of my AKV contract instead of borrowing them from a BWV contract. When I booked I gave them the OK to borrow the points and didn't even own the AKV points.
I suspect it is just another example of the problems MS is having with the computer and the AKV points.

If you are OK with the points they used, I'd just let it be for fear of something worse happening if they touched the resevation again.

Glad to know your waitlist worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter