• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV Standard View Experiences?

Just returned from Bwv a few weeks ago. Had 4th floor watching down on the driveway. Watched them load the luggage trucks and watched people get in and out of cars, watched the buses come and go. It was magical......someone has to have the rooms in this area, so guess it was our turn. The plus side was being just down the hall from the elevator, had a unit with great AC. I keep my bar low.

We try to always book early and also SV to save points...ask for the pond area...its quiet and you can exit thur doors instead of thur the lobby...

Yes, there are stairs. We usually stay SV to save points. If you like nice view, you probably won't want to stay standard. Picture the driveway from the entrance down to the tennis courts. That is the view.

We have stayed at BWV over a dozen times, only once did we have a BW view, all the other times a SV. The above quotes would be our experience. BTW, our BW view was the nosiest!

I usually book a garden/pool view but I am looking at a standard view to save points. What "views" have people had with the standard view? I am thinking it is the wing that faces the driveway entrance to the Boardwalk and the parking lot?

How is the view? Is it noisy? Is it sunny or shady? Is it far from elevators and lobby and pool?

Basically is it worth it to pay the extra points for the garden view?

Thank you.
The front of the resort, driveway, bus stop, is exactly the standard we have always had. It's not the best, but it's still at the Boardwalk, so it's not so bad.

Yes we usually get SV and have view of entrance/driveway. Although twice they have ‘upgraded’ us to a HA room with a view of the main pool which we really didn’t like because of the roll in shower and kitchen layout. But hey/ still my favorite resort!

This past January we stayed in a 1 bedroom standard view room, only one other time in the past 20 years have we stayed in a standard view room. We usually always get BW view. We were pleasantly surprised at the nice view we had. We could see the balloon going up and down from Disney Springs, we could see Morocco and the high fireworks both in Epcot. We could also see the cables and towers for the gondola, once that is running it will add to the scenery in a positive way (IMO). We could also see the buses, all in all it was a very nice view that we wouldn't mind having again. Also the area was very quite. We had no complaints.

This is a video of that exact area room so you can see view. This is a 2 bed lockoff
Actually seems nice. Sort of quiet which is not my concept of the Boardwalk Resort. I have had pool view and Boardwalk view but this view is nice.

We have had a standard view, a boardwalk view, and a water view...all are fine. I'm kind of a glass-half-full person. My thought is...I'm at Disney, any view is better than the one from my desk :). Seriously though...when we had the standard view we did it to save points. It wasn't bad, it did lookout to the parking area, but there is grass and we had a little water feature in front of our window. They were even in the process of updating, so we had scaffolding as well. The boardwalk view is nice, but it can get loud. The water view, in my opinion is more peaceful. I don't thing you can really go wrong... we even had a view once of the receptacle bins at CooperCreek... no biggie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter