BWV Std rooms - none available?

I noticed this when I went to look for BWV availability in February for my stay also. Fortunately, I already have a studio booked at BCV, but if their refurbishment keeps being pushed back, I fear getting one of those last minute calls from DVC "I'm sorry but we have to move you." So I was considering booking BWV since I haven't stayed there in so long, and I really want an Epcot resort for the Festival of the Arts. Guess I'll stay with BCV, and hope. But it does seem odd to have both resorts so close to each other impacted y refurbishment at the same time.

This makes sense but I just quickly ran the numbers and just what they have booked for the standard view so far would be 101,025 points which would be slightly more then 2% of resort. I don’t have exact dates for the boardwalk view rooms when pulled but if we assume it’s similar number of points (less rooms but more points per room) we’re looking at them pulling 4% of inventory for refurb before we even begin to try to estimate what they are pulling for any sort of interior refurbs where the entire category isn’t pulled at same time.
As a quick update on these numbers with this most recent week taken Disney would have to use 114,067 points for standard view. I also was able to find dates for boardwalk rooms and ran math and they would use 102,773 for that time for total so far of 216,840. This means these two refurbs alone (which are suspected to be exterior) would take 4.4% of total resort points and counting.

I have already seen mentioned, by someone who was there recently, that they have seen internal room refursbs actually already occurring to some BWV standard view and pool/garden rooms on the first floor near the end of the hallway (near the exit door that provides shortest walk to Studios)

Good morning to everyone-- sorry if this has been answered already. I did a quick search on the forums to see if this has already been answered but could not find anything. Hope someone with much more knowledge can help me understand what is going on?

just tried to see if I could book a possible trip next year in February in a std bwv studio/1bd/2bd. Nothing, I mean nada, is available. The boardwalk view was open, which is fine and dandy, but of course being me and cost conscious, I'm hoping for the standard view. There are no std views available to book. Is there an official reason for this? Renovations?

Thank you all in advance!
could be due to the refurb or could be there are very few std view rooms. The std. view studios go very quickly

could be due to the refurb or could be there are very few std view rooms. The std. view studios go very quickly
So just to confirm if you look at 12am you can do the search but not possible to book yet and at 11 months + 7 days all standard view studio and 1br will be unavailable pulled from inventory. This is 100% Disney pulling the rooms for some type of refurb.

I have already seen mentioned, by someone who was there recently, that they have seen internal room refursbs actually already occurring to some BWV standard view and pool/garden rooms on the first floor near the end of the hallway (near the exit door that provides shortest walk to Studios)
I didn’t see that post but hope it’s true!!

About 13-14 years ago we were staying at BWV when one of the lighter refurbishments was occurring. The room directly above us had some flooring work taking place. Our first afternoon in the room--as our kids were trying to sleep--there was persistent use of a table saw and repeated hammering on floor of room right above us. It was the one time we were forced to switch resorts. Front desk handled it well enough; we made lemonade out of lemons moving from a BWV standard view to newly-opened Kidani savanna view. But it disrupted a day's worth of plans to unexpectedly pack and switch resorts.

Today, Disney seems to do a better job of minimizing the impact on guests. They closed off entire buildings at SSR and Poly. In other cases they've limited work to a specific floor or wing as necessary.

In this case, Disney apparently believes it's necessary to close off large sections of the resort all at once. Likely a combination of exterior work plus a tear-down-to-the-studs rebuild of villa interiors. Regardless of exactly how the points math works, is there a better alternative? This is the most extensive renovation since BWV opened 27 years ago. Do we want Disney putting people in guest rooms where there is scaffolding outside and workers climbing around throughout the day? Do we want to be assigned to a villa located above or below or next door to one under construction? Do we want workers to speed thru the renovations under the guise of "sorry, you only have enough points to block off each room for 2 weeks"?

DVC has maintenance holdings at other resorts, about 3 million unsold points at Riviera and 800K at grand Floridian. That creates excess capacity for BWV owners who are inconvenienced by this. In the end, BWV owners should not find themselves unable to use their ownership. A few weeks of extended downtime at each Home resort is a necessary evil for major renovations which occur 2-3 times over the course of the contract.

Trying to book bwv std rooms at 11mo mark. Was able to snag a 2bd at 8am on the for a few days ago, but having trouble with a studio. Has bwv std room gotten much harder to book recently? I don’t recall it ever being this difficult!

Trying to book bwv std rooms at 11mo mark. Was able to snag a 2bd at 8am on the for a few days ago, but having trouble with a studio. Has bwv std room gotten much harder to book recently? I don’t recall it ever being this difficult!
Short answer, yes! But keep checking. It appears that June 2024 will be the end of the refurb and the standard view rooms are expected to be the last refurbished. I predict stalking or waitlists will come through for you. Good luck!

DVC could have banked their 2022 points and use them together their 2023 points for the BW view villas this year. Then their 2024 and borrow 2025 points for the standard rooms next year. In total, if they have blocked rooms up to 8% of points they're still within their own points, without even considering ROFRed points.

It’s been a few weeks now, but I was able to book a standard studio for a few days in late April. So at least by that point it seems there is some inventory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter