BWV v. BCV review, a quick recap

jennypenny

DIS Veteran
We own at BCV and normally stay there, but this year we were short on points and chose to stay in a 1bd std view at BWV. People frequently ask what the difference is between the two resorts, so I thought I'd give a short review/comparison...

Location: BCV is much closer to Epcot. In a standard view room at BWV you'll be down near the quiet pool which puts you right between HS and Epcot. We liked this. Winner: BWV

Pools: SAB wins hands down. That said, we liked our room location near the quiet pool at BWV so we could grab a quick swim in the afternoon and our boys could easily enjoy Community Hall. If you're all about the pool, BCV wins. If you like a community hall, it's a tie. [side note: I prefered the quiet pool because I'm a little tired of the wedding reception atmosphere at the main pools in the afternoon. I know some people like it, but a week of hula hoop contests and the cupid shuffle gets old.]

Room: They are almost identical. There is no water closet at BWV so if someone needs the toilet that entire room is occupied. OTOH, the vanity in the master part of the bath was full sized offering more counter space and more room underneath. The kitchen table is round v. the oblong one at BCV. We liked the round table better but couldn't figure out why. Our room had a balcony off of the master as well as the living room. I loved this! My teens slept late and I could still use a balcony. There was also a large closet as you entered the room which neither of us remembered from the BCV room, but I could be wrong. BWV wins, but mostly because of the balcony.

View: We always request 1st floor rooms. I didn't know what to expect with a standard view so I requested an upper floor. The view was a pond and the parking lot beyond. It was fine. There aren't any great views at BCV so we don't really expect them. I suppose the views are a little nicer at BCV but the point savings on a standard view offsets the difference in views.

Resort: Both are in fine shape. BCV's lobby is much busier, but it's more quiet out by the lake. The opposite is true at BWV. I thought the counter service options were a little better at BWV which offset having to walk outside (sometimes in inclement weather) to get to it. My kids enjoyed the buskers on the boardwalk. I liked the vibe walking back from epcot at night with the boardwalk full of people. Winner: BWV

Transportation: Self parking is much more convenient at BCV. The buses are about the same, but god help you if you want to come back from DTD in the middle of the afternoon. We waited 30 minutes for a bus, then stopped at the West Side, Typhoon Lagoon, YC, BC, Swan, Dolphin, and then the Boardwalk. Ugh.

Other items: The gym is serviceable, although the treadmills are under a soffet in the ceiling that's too low if you're tall. DH and I had to push them towards the middle of the room to use them. The arcade at BWV is really small. BCV's is much better. BWV has a community hall and BCV doesn't. The nighttime movies are a little more fun on the beach over at BCV. Next time I'll walk over and get a schedule from their front desk.

In general, we loved the BWV and the lower points for a standard view room. We would definitely do it again. We all agreed that during the colder months when we wouldn't use the pool much, BWV would be our first choice. During the summer we might choose BCV for the pool.

Sorry this got long. Ask if you have any questions.

Great review. We own at both & agree BCV for warmer months (summer for us) & BWV for all other times.

My DS LOVES the community hall @ BWV. As a side note, we like BWV community hall much better than Kidani. Have only been to those 2 so far.

Definitely like the point savings for the standard view rooms.

Although we have only stayed in the standard view view rooms, I would offer this additional info. Based on what others have said, the BW view rooms definitely trumps BCV for views. Now, if you are comparing standard view, then BCV may win as we had an Epcot view when we stayed there.

I enjoyed your review, too!

We own at both. We book BWV when it's cool, especially the point savings of standard view for NYE. We save our BCV points for SAB weather!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Great review!

We are staying at the BC garden view and BWV preferred view! This will be our 1st stay at both resorts! I do LOVE that area. We eat at Beaches and Cream every year and then stroll around the boardwalk. I have never been inside the BW or seen the pools! I have been in the BC and that's when I fell in love! :goodvibes

We've stayed at both and I would agree with almost all your points, except that I think the Boardwalk view at BWV is one of our favorite views, period. In general, I rate the views at BWV way, way about BCV, but we haven't stayed in a standard view, so I can't speak to those. We actually consider view the biggest negative of BCV!

This is a great review!! BWV is our home resort, and when we were buying back in 2008, it was a toss-up between BWV and BCV because of location and how beautiful both resorts are. I asked around here on the DIS and the main draw to BCV vs. BWV was SAB. We went with BWV because it was more in our price range at the time (BCV cost more per point, and we needed more points to stay there vs. a standard view at BWV), the fact that it is between DHS and Epcot and so we could walk to both parks with no problem, and also that DH and I figured that once our kids grow up and we go just the two of us to WDW, BWV seems like a great resort for an adult-only trip. I can't even explain it, the resort just has that feel to it, like it is great for families but also great for couples.

Our boys love the pool and water slide at BWV. We are so happy with the decision of BWV as our home resort. The kids love Community Hall, the two times we have stayed at BWV we were able to see plenty of fireworks from Epcot, from our balcony (with a standard view!), and we all enjoy the entertainers at night on the Boardwalk. We just love the whole vibe at BWV. I can't wait to go back next year! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter