BWV vs BCV - fun for little ones

DISNEYFAN2828

Mouseketeer
Have stayed in both without little ones....but looking to see which would be better for 3 and 5 year olds. We like to spend time at the hotel so any suggestions would be great!

Have stayed in both without little ones....but looking to see which would be better for 3 and 5 year olds. We like to spend time at the hotel so any suggestions would be great!
I’m not crazy about the sight lines at SAB when it comes to watching little ones. And you have to exit the pool area to access the slide. So, points go to BWV for a more relaxing pool day.

BCV wins when it comes to quick service and dining right in the hotel. BWV has no QS inside the hotel itself (the Belle Vue Lounge is open for continental breakfast in the morning). BCV wins for quick food access.

BWV has nightly entertainment (juggler, magician) and those surrey bikes. Points go to BWV for fun options.

Views from BCV villas will be of the woods or quiet pool or the canal. BWV views can be of the RAC luggage area and hotel entrance, tennis courts, parking lot, clown pool, village green or the boardwalk. Better views at the BWV.

We stayed at BCV last year with 2 and 5 yo DDs. We didn't do pool time (too chilly) so we ended up playing more on the Boardwalk and watching the performers when we had time in the evenings.

We were at the Yacht Club last week and BWV in May. I think our almost 3 yo DD would prefer BCV out of the two. She loved playing in the sand at the pool and went down the smaller slide about 35 times. There were also characters roaming around the pool area in the afternoons and games/crafts scheduled throughout the day. Plus you're just a short walk away from the Boardwalk.

We were at the Yacht Club last week and BWV in May. I think our almost 3 yo DD would prefer BCV out of the two. She loved playing in the sand at the pool and went down the smaller slide about 35 times. There were also characters roaming around the pool area in the afternoons and games/crafts scheduled throughout the day. Plus you're just a short walk away from the Boardwalk.

Thanks!!! Sounds like that would be my kids!

I’m not crazy about the sight lines at SAB when it comes to watching little ones. And you have to exit the pool area to access the slide. So, points go to BWV for a more relaxing pool day.

BCV wins when it comes to quick service and dining right in the hotel. BWV has no QS inside the hotel itself (the Belle Vue Lounge is open for continental breakfast in the morning). BCV wins for quick food access.

BWV has nightly entertainment (juggler, magician) and those surrey bikes. Points go to BWV for fun options.

Views from BCV villas will be of the woods or quiet pool or the canal. BWV views can be of the RAC luggage area and hotel entrance, tennis courts, parking lot, clown pool, village green or the boardwalk. Better views at the BWV.

^^^This is pretty much right on.

Our kids are 3 and 7, and our 3yo now knows how to swim (!!) and still ... I think I would pick BWV for a "more relaxing pool day." The BCV slides are not near the sand/zero entry area, and the pirate ship slide is still too big for the 3yo, and the lazy river current is strong enough we'd still have to be in it and watching our kids like hawks if we went in, and so ... it is hard as the grownup. If the 2 kids wanted to be in separate areas of the pool, the grownups would have to split up.

Also, we love love love the nightly entertainment on the Boardwalk. Our kids regularly get a chance to volunteer in the shows.

Last edited:

I haven't stayed at BWV, but the quiet pool at BCV is usually pretty empty...... and quiet, but lacks the sand pool of SAB. We actually did 3 pool days, 1 at the quiet pool and 2 at SAB. My kids are small and you have to keep an eye on them the whole time at SAB if they are not strong swimmers.

Have stayed at both and enjoy both but not with little ones. BCV is my favorite pool but as others have said harder to watch little ones as well as slide configuration is difficult. Good luck with waitlist at BWV! We lucked with a one night stay at BWV from waitlist the day before F&W opening which was such a surprise! Just love the convenience of both BWV and BCV!

We would highly put BWV first. The community hall alone is priceless for a period of down time away from parks. Love the movies on the village green where the kids get to run around and play with other kids. The entertainment at night and the better views top off everything. Little one loves the slide and clown pool too. Ample hills is a big hit for ice cream. Never want to stay anywhere else

Also, we love love love the nightly entertainment on the Boardwalk. Our kids regularly get a chance to volunteer in the shows.

We just wandered over to BWV on our July trip for Ample Hills and rode a bike. Afterwards, we watched a performer and our kids were invited to join. They had a blast! I love BWV. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter