• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV vs. OKW

disney stuart

Earning My Ears
Planning a trip for July. 2 adults, 2 16 year olds. Which property would be for us? Looking for a one bedroom villa. Do the bathrooms have one entrance?
If you book a villa off a travel site instead of renting points are the rooms the same?

The Boardwalk Villas 1BR is 814 square feet, the OKW 1BR is 942 square feet.
The BWV bathroom commode/shower section has an entrance from the bedroom, via the tub/sink room, and another entrance from the living area.
The OKW bathroom, I believe in all units, only has one entrance, which is from the hallway to the tub/sink room, and then into the commode/shower room.
The rooms for OKW will be the same however you rent, as OKW is 100% Disney Vacation Club. I don't know about BWV.
Be aware that I am talking about "Boardwalk Villas," the timeshare rooms, NOT "Boardwalk Inn," which is the hotel.
If you are driving, you might want to consider that at OKW you park at your building, while at BWV you can have quite a walk. On the other hand, if you are going to Epcot or Hollywood Studios, BWV would be very convenient.
One more thing: I don't know if you've compared prices yet, but I think you will save a lot by renting points versus booking through a travel site.

At OKW buildings #30 and up have 2 doors to bathroom. One through laundry room/hall 1 from bedroom. I really liked the layout of the OKW villa. OKW 1BR has twin sleeper chair so each teen could have their own bed.

However at BWV, I like that you can walk to Epcot & DHS. And I like that resort is all 1 building not spread out like OKW.

With 2 16 yo, BWV may be a better location- there are tons of things to do on the boardwalk and they can walk to epcot and HS if you allow them. OKW does have the water taxi to downtown.

With 2 16 yo, BWV may be a better location- there are tons of things to do on the boardwalk and they can walk to epcot and HS if you allow them. OKW does have the water taxi to downtown.

exactly that.
OKW 1bdrm is larger, but there is (much) less to do at the resort.
BWV 1 bdrm is smaller (still fine for 4 ppl), but there are 2 parks within walking distance, as well as many other options (nightly performers & carny games, various eateries, along with some fantastic views & great places to just lounge:)).

Another vote for BWV for the AMAZING location! It's a beautiful resort!

exactly that.
OKW 1bdrm is larger, but there is (much) less to do at the resort.
BWV 1 bdrm is smaller (still fine for 4 ppl), but there are 2 parks within walking distance, as well as many other options (nightly performers & carny games, various eateries, along with some fantastic views & great places to just lounge:)).

For us it has a lot to do with the pace we're looking for during our stay. OKW is a more quiet space where BWV has so many things to do just a short walk or boat ride away.

We've taken my nieces to both, at between 15 and 18 yrs old. They both prefer OKW due to the pool area and outside entrances to the rooms. Both of them felt slightly more uncomfortable walking to and from the pool in bathing suits/cover ups at BWV. We also all really enjoyed the recreation staff at OKW - they even convinced me to line dance pool side at one point (and I DO NOT dance in public...for good reason).

My husband and I got married at Sea Breeze Point (the gazebo at BW) and thought we'd never find a resort we like better...but both of us also prefer OKW. The environment is so laid back, and I like the rooms much better. That extra square footage helps out lots in a room that size!

OKW is very relaxed and convenient to park the car outside your villa building. The rooms are bigger. There is a boat to DTD which the teenagers might enjoy taking if they want more to do.

Definitely depends, but either resort will be great.

With two teens I would go for boardwalk, due to proximity of Epcot and HS. If the teens want to get to EPCOT at rope drop and get to soaring they can head out before you and be at EPCOT with a 5 minute walk. Also Boardwalk will give you many more dining options from walking to EPCOT or walk or boat to HS. (granted at OKW you could boat to DTD for dinner, but not as convenient to head to park afterwards). If not going in the park you can rent boats at Beach/Yacht Club, take a walk past Swan/Dolphin to mini golf, or use tennis courts at Boardwalk. Or if teens just want to walk the boards its an option.

I like OKW but you can be in a unit a bit further out from main pool, and you have to drive or bus to each park. One thing I don't like at OKW (which other love) is the parking is right outside of the building. To me it makes it feel more like a condo complex. At BWV you never need to see the parking lot (except to get on bus) if you don't want to...helps me escape from reality a little more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter