Cab from MCO

Anne2

Mouseketeer
Hello. Does anyone know the best way to get from MCO to port other than Disney's transport? Also, do you know the cost? Thanks!

People hear have talked about both Florida Limo and Happy Limo. Try doing a search (if it's working) for those names. We took the bus and had no problems with it.

A cab would probably be prohibitively expensive. I saw a sign for cabs to the resort, and that cost $50. The trip from MCO to the resort is significantly shorter than to the port.

There are other options. There are several limousine/towncar services which make this run. You can also rent a car from Avis or Budget and drop it off near the port (with no drop-off charge).

This site has some good information on car rental:

http://www.dcltribute.com/carhire/

Here are a few towncar operators:

Happy Limo

Yourride

FL Tours

Tiffany Towncar

You can price these and compare with the cost of DCL transfers ($49) round-trip. The DCL transfers can be more convenient, depending on when you're arriving and leaving. They probably are not the least expensive option. We always arrive the night prior to the cruise, and usually stay at the MCO Hyatt, taking the DCL transfers to the ship in the morning. This combination is very convenient, as the Hyatt is attached to the aiport terminal, and the bus check-in is in the hotel lobby on the morning of the cruise. Certainly there are cheaper ways to go, but not many which are easier.

A towncar is definitely the way to go! We use Happy Limo all the time. It's so nice to have a private vehicle to chauffer you :D
A cab would cost a lot more than a towncar. Also, Happy Limo has a coupon and I think some of the other companies do too, so you can get an additional discount.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We used Cartier Towncar we splurged for the Limo it was a great price. Ali does a great job! The limo was spotless and right on time. I did notice that there were limo drivers and car service people at baggage claim trying to drum up business, we were approached by two different people while waiting for the bags. I have not idea what those rates might be though.

Check our Cartier's web site, there are some great posts on the Transportation board too, which is how I decided.

Be careful of the people trying to drum up business in the baggage area. They are not supposed to be there...they are operating illegally. I have even heard of cases where they have impersonated legitimate companies and taken people who thought they were going with the company they booked.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We used a one-way car rental for several of our legs in April, i.e. WDW to port, port to MCO, home airport to house. It was always cheaper than the limos, taxis, etc. except for MCO to WDW when we used Tiffany which by the way was only 15 mintues late and the comped the ride for us.

The Avis drop at port is at the Radisson, very close and convenient. We paid about $50-ish for large 4 door. Also gives you flexibility to explore, eat, shop, etc. depending on your flight times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter