• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabana Bay interior versus exterior entry suites - pros and cons to both please!

jaceraden

Ringleader to 3 kids in a Disney loving family
Good morning!

My only CBBR experience is with a Volcano Bay view standard room. It was amazing of course. Next trip necessitates a family suite. I'm not familiar with the other side of the resort that has the pool with waterslide - just never got over there! Looking for opinions on pros and cons of family suites on both sides of the resort.

Thank you!

The exterior entry has the window in living room so bedroom area is quieter & darker. Interior entry has the window in bedroom area . It is possible to go from Interior entry suites to main building without going outside though-nice if raining. We prefer the exterior entry though.

I've only ever stayed in the family suites with the exterior entry. This is primarily due to the fact that my extended family are smokers... I definitely noticed a lot more smoking in that courtyard, so might be something to keep in mind if that bothers you. We also saw a few more harmless bugs with that "motel" style than I am used to seeing in a normal hotel room, which makes sense given how close to the outside you are.

Both of those possible cons aside, I like the exterior room courtyard better because of it's closer proximity to the walking path to city walk/IOA/US/other resorts. The pool side eating option on that side also has really decent quesadillas!

I will only book the Interior Entry PoolsideView family suite …
Have never enjoyed any other room description at CBBR.
And I guarantee I am not in good mood if I don’t get what I like !
But price has made me start looking at their other resorts.
I just experimented with one night at the newer Dosckside Resort and liked everything about this location but one night meant not using the bus or leaving the resort …
This location will be popular when Epic Universe opens.

The exterior entry has the window in living room so bedroom area is quieter & darker. Interior entry has the window in bedroom area . It is possible to go from Interior entry suites to main building without going outside though-nice if raining. We prefer the exterior entry though.
Totally agree we prefer the exterior suites because the bedroom is dark and quiet !

We only stay in the interior rooms. It's Florida, it's hot and it rains - I don't want to have to go outside to get to my room. The interior rooms are also closer to the food court and buses. Plus I'm a lazy river girl.

We just returned from an exterior entry suite stay at Cabana Bay. The bedroom area is quite dark since the living area adjoins the window/entry space, and the partition is substantial. We were in the Starlight building, so we were fairly close to the walking path to Citywalk and next to the main pool with a slide. Personally, I would have preferred an interior entry suite just for the sake of a lighter, brighter room, but we had a great rate on a Fl resident discount for the exterior entry so went with that. We were not bothered by noise or bugs.

Is there a way to request an exterior entry room that is also somewhat close to the lobby and away from smokers? I like the idea of having the windows in the "living room".

Is there a way to request an exterior entry room that is also somewhat close to the lobby and away from smokers? I like the idea of having the windows in the "living room".
There are no DSAs right near the actual rooms (they're clear at the end of each section & outside the gates), so I'd just request "Close to Lobby".

After having to walk back and forth 3 times - in rain - due to the cards for our room not working (after being told our rooms were ready and that we did not need to get new cards) - we won’t stay in an exterior entry Family suite again. Last stay we did the interior entry and it was so nice to not have to deal with walking outside to the various buildings. The curtains in the rooms are super heavy and we had no issues with light in the bedroom. Just my 2 cents :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter