Cabana booking question

Silly Little Pixie

<font color=blue>My name is Inigo Montoya. You kil
We will have 2 cabins on our next cruise, DH in one and myself in the other, with the kids. We are traveling with a group of friends and so we would like to book 2 cabanas (we are platinum).

My question is, since our 2 cabins are linked (and paid in full) will I be able to book both at once? Or will I have to book one, then log out and log back in as DH? I have only ever booked one cabana at a time. Thanks!

I believe you can only book 1 cabana per cabin so unless the other cabin has a platinum member in it you will have to waiting until their booking window opens.

Since one of you is in each of the staterooms, you could book a cabana for each stateroom at 120 days. However, since concierge now books ahead of the 120 day window it has been reported that in many cases there are no cabanas available at that time. Since you are on the NYE cruise, I would guess this will be the case when you can book. Even before this when there were cabanas open, they disappear very quickly and often as you are trying to confirm one it is snagged by someone just a bit quicker than you. You can check multiple times a day to see if one opens up before your cruise date to try and snag one.

When did it change that concierge can book before 120 days? I didn't have any trouble booking a single cabana last year as gold. If cabanas have become a concierge only perk, that really sucks.

When did it change that concierge can book before 120 days? I didn't have any trouble booking a single cabana last year as gold. If cabanas have become a concierge only perk, that really sucks.

They can't really book before 120 days. But they can let the Concierge host know that they are interested prior to 120 days. And right at midnight at 120 days, the computer pretty much books the required cabanas for the concierge people.

Happened recently, maybe a couple of months?

Once a concierge stateroom is PIF the guests can call and put in their requests with shore side concierge, who then puts that information into the computer and this reserves it for them. They are able to tell concierge guests which cabanas are still available when they call if the number they wanted is already reserved. It doesn't matter if you call it prebooking or reserving, it happens before the 120 day window opens.

Here is the thread where that was discussed in detail. When he called DCL about all the cabanas being gone at midnight at the 120 day mark he was told that they were all reserved.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3148886&highlight=cabana

There really are no longer any exceptional perks to being Platinum other than getting on the ship in the first boarding group.

I'm not sure how your 2 cabins were booked, but we lost out on a cabana due to a weird glitch this time.

My reservation is directly through DCL. DH's was through Costco. Even though we were both Paid in Full, the Costco one showed up as linked but had a notation that said "booking window not open."

I clicked on the available cabana and it showed as unavailable. I wasn't sure if this was due to the fact that for some reason, DCL wasn't showing the Costco reservation as being paid.

About 30 minutes after midnight, the linked Costco room stopped showing up with the weird notation and I was able to book Palo, etc.

So anyway, just a note here since I hadn't seen anyone mention this glitch before.

I probably would not link the rooms again, and would book cabanas separately in case one reservation has a problem.

Awwww, that stinks! I always book through my TA and pay in full a little early so I am sure everything is available to book on time. 10 cruises with her and I've never had a problem. (Crossing fingers!)

It will really be too bad if we can't get the cabanas, we are a big group altogether and it would be great to have the cabanas. We had them together last year when we all sailed without our kids.

As a Concierge passenger with one room, I was able to book two cabanas on the website without any trouble. DCL never said a word. I released it after the 90 day mark so another family in our DISBoards group could have their own cabana. We coordinated the drop and the pick up on Facebook chat. If I had really wanted two cabanas, I don't think it would have been an issue. As long as they're available, I believe you can reserve as many as you like.

This past spring we were in the identical situation that you are in. My wife and I both logged in at midnight at the 120 day mark and were able to book neighboring cabanas on a packed Fantasy cruise departing the first week of August. We actually had the option of two different pairs that were next to each other. So, hopefully things will work out. However, by morning only one cabana was available on Serenity Bay. Good luck.

Fincantieri, I take that to mean you each booked a cabana by logging on separately? Rather than one person logging on and reserving one per linked cabin?

Thanks!

Does this include the HCA cabanas? I have to wait until the 75 day mark. Do I have the remote chance of getting one at the 75 day mark??

Does this include the HCA cabanas? I have to wait until the 75 day mark. Do I have the remote chance of getting one at the 75 day mark??

I believe you will need to call to reserve the HA cabana. You may be able to call now and at least find out if it is still available, but they won't reserve it for you until your booking window opens. Whether or not you have a chance depends on how many others on your specific cruise with earlier booking windows are interested in the HA cabana. It's definitely worth a try, and check back if it's not available as it could get canceled.

Enjoy your cruise!

Fincantieri, I take that to mean you each booked a cabana by logging on separately? Rather than one person logging on and reserving one per linked cabin?

Thanks!

Yes. We logged on to two computers, decided on which cabanas we wanted, and then each selected one cabana.

Yes. We logged on to two computers, decided on which cabanas we wanted, and then each selected one cabana.

I booked my two cabanas with just my login. One right after the other. However, if you're sailing during a busy time, you would want to have two people because of the rush.

I believe you will need to call to reserve the HA cabana. You may be able to call now and at least find out if it is still available, but they won't reserve it for you until your booking window opens. Whether or not you have a chance depends on how many others on your specific cruise with earlier booking windows are interested in the HA cabana. It's definitely worth a try, and check back if it's not available as it could get canceled.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you. Do you know the number to call?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter