Cabana discount?

threeboysmom

Living the dream - near Disney!
I think I read somewhere that you get a discount on renting a pool cabana if you are staying club? Can someone verify this and also let me know what exactly the discount is? (how much money off regular price of $75, I think?) Also, is there a cabana discount if you have an AP?

Thanks!

We stayed at rpr club last July and paid only $45 for the full day cabana rental. I had thought it was from being a Loew's member but someone on this board said it was because of club level. There are 3 cabanas at RPR. #1 has a public jacuzzi in front of it and is closer to the outside food/bar. #2 faces the pool and #3 is more secluded also with a jacuzzi in front of it. All 3 have ceiling fans and tvs as well as the small fridges where they stock sodas and water for you--included witht the charge. We had #1 and there's a little bit more room/lounges to sit outside. When my sons overheard people in the jacuzzi commenting "why would someone come all the way here and sit in there watching tv? while they all stared in at our tv. he closed the canvas front on the cabana and opened the back that faced the water taxi way!

Club level at HRH discounts the all day rental from $75 to $40. Also they have a themed cabana , The Yellow Submarine, that rents for $100 a day and that was discounted to $65, I think. You can also reserve the cabana as soon as you make your reservation with club level, I'm not sure if that applies to a standard room reservation or not. We especially liked it the day of the dive-in movie because we did not have to jockey for a place to sit. Cabana #2 was sufficient for viewing the movie.

Thanks for the info!! One more question - is anyone familiar with the cabanas at the Royal Pacific? It seems there's a lot of discussion about the HRH ones. Is it even worth getting one at the Royal Pacific? I was thinking of renting one for the day when they show the dive-in movie. Can you see the movie screen from any of the 3 cabanas?

Thanks!

I've only used the ones at HRH but if you'll ask the reservationist in charge of the cabanas they'll be glad to help you. Just tell them your intention (dive-in) and they'll let you know which is the best or even if any of them are suited. At HRH, they told me immediately that some of the cabanas are actually closed that night because the screen is set up in front of them. You certainly wouldn't want to rent one for a full day that you wouldn't be able to use at night. The reservationist will help you decide which one.

We never got to see the dive-in movie, but I don't think any of the 3 RPR cabanas would be good for watching. As I remember, they all have some type of tropical plants that would interfere with a good view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter