laurenfratt

Mouseketeer
Hi! We just rented a full day cabana at Grand Floridian during our honeymoon in April. (We’re so excited!!) Anyone who’s rented one - can you tell me what to expect?! I know we have it for 9 hours and that it comes with “snacks” and beverages but not much else. It mentions a service attendant- what does that entail? If we order food or drinks from the menu does it cost extra? - on top of what we’ve already paid? Are they currently booking all 4 cabanas each day, and if they are is there enough space between them to still feel comfortable? only asking this because they look close in photos. I asked these questions while booking but the person over the phone didn’t really know and had a hard time answering my questions. He couldn’t apply my AP discount and told me to ask the front desk when I check in :scratchin Any and all info is welcome! Now just crossing my fingers for a beautiful pool day!

Water and sodas come with the cabana, all other food and beverages that you order are an additional cost. The menu is from Beaches Pool Bar and Grill.

Yes, all four cabanas are being booked. Whether that is bothersome will depend on individual perspectives. I agree that they aren’t exactly the most spaced out setup you’ve ever seen. But regular seating at the Beaches pool isn’t all that different, in many respects. I personally think it’s fine, but if you really need your space you may find the overall Beaches Pool setup a little tight.

Probably worth asking when there about the AP discount, but some dates are blacked out for discounts so that may be what was up. Note, I’d ask the recreation CM that day, not the front desk. Disney isn’t exactly the most coordinated organization when it comes to those kind of things and I’d be a little worried the front desk won’t really be able to help when it comes to recreation bookings.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your cabana day!

Water and sodas come with the cabana, all other food and beverages that you order are an additional cost. The menu is from Beaches Pool Bar and Grill.

Yes, all four cabanas are being booked. Whether that is bothersome will depend on individual perspectives. I agree that they aren’t exactly the most spaced out setup you’ve ever seen. But regular seating at the Beaches pool isn’t all that different, in many respects. I personally think it’s fine, but if you really need your space you may find the overall Beaches Pool setup a little tight.

Probably worth asking when there about the AP discount, but some dates are blacked out for discounts so that may be what was up. Note, I’d ask the recreation CM that day, not the front desk. Disney isn’t exactly the most coordinated organization when it comes to those kind of things and I’d be a little worried the front desk won’t really be able to help when it comes to recreation bookings.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your cabana day!
Super helpful! I’m fine with the spacing if that’s the case. Just more so curious since I’ve only ever seen them in photos or from the monorail overhead. Thanks for all the info :)

Follow up question! Are the cabanas pre-assigned? He never mentioned what number we have and I’m curious if I could request a specific number or one that’s more in the sun. I really don’t want to have to call again, as its taken me 4 tries and 2 hours each time waiting to get through lol

Follow up question! Are the cabanas pre-assigned? He never mentioned what number we have and I’m curious if I could request a specific number or one that’s more in the sun. I really don’t want to have to call again, as its taken me 4 tries and 2 hours each time waiting to get through lol

I haven’t pre-booked a GF cabana in awhile, but I ‘think’ the numbers are bookable. I know they are at YC/BC and think GF and CR are the same way. I ‘think’ the numbers are 1-4 left to right if facing the cabanas. So 1 is closest to the slide structure, 4 is closest to the restroom building. Caveat that I think I’m right, but I’m not 100% sure on this info.

@mrsap - do you happen to know or have this on the GF thread?

Last edited:
I haven’t pre-booked a GF cabana in awhile, but I ‘think’ the numbers are pre-assigned. I know they are at YC/BC and think GF and CR are the same way. I ‘think’ the numbers are 1-4 left to right if facing the cabanas. So 1 is closest to the slide structure, 4 is closest to the restroom building. Caveat that I think I’m right, but I’m not 100% sure on this info.

@mrsap - do you happen to know or have this on the GF thread?

Yes, that is correct. If you are looking at them, #1 is closest to the slide. 🙂 I guess I should add to the GF board... 🤔

When you call to reserve a cabana can you request the cabana Number you’d like?

It has been a little while since we rented one, but ours came with a pineapple filled with fruit and they had no issue restocking water and soda when we rented for the entire day. We got little bottles of sunscreen, aloe, lotion with a big stack of towels. There is a misting fan, tv, and speaker for your use.

While the cabanas are next to each other, you have privacy with the curtains on the sides and back. We enjoyed our day and it kept my husband occupied with the tv/speaker. Some shade was also nice!

When you call to reserve a cabana can you request the cabana Number you’d like?

I’m sure, like anything else, you can let them know which number you prefer, and they’ll do their best to accommodate you! Enjoy it!

I’m sure, like anything else, you can let them know which number you prefer, and they’ll do their best to accommodate you! Enjoy it!
I called just in case to ask for #4 and they told me there was no way to reserve a certain number. I am going to try and ask the front desk when I arrive, as it’ll be a solid week before our actual cabana rental date and see what happens. I really want to be in the sun and it looks like after a certain time in the day cabanas 1 & 2 are very much in the shade. It’s not until the end of April but I’ll try to follow up for you all!

I called just in case to ask for #4 and they told me there was no way to reserve a certain number. I am going to try and ask the front desk when I arrive, as it’ll be a solid week before our actual cabana rental date and see what happens. I really want to be in the sun and it looks like after a certain time in the day cabanas 1 & 2 are very much in the shade. It’s not until the end of April but I’ll try to follow up for you all!

If you feel like calling again, I’d ask them to at least put a request on your reservation. I know when I reserved at YC, he was specifically able to see which numbers were already reserved. He didn’t ask for a preference but when I asked, he was able to check which numbers were reserved already & assigned us the one I picked. You might get lucky if you call back & get someone different who might be able to do it.

My daughter made the reservation for our trip. Does anyone know if I can call for the cabana rental and pay for it, or does she have to be the one that calls?

If you feel like calling again, I’d ask them to at least put a request on your reservation. I know when I reserved at YC, he was specifically able to see which numbers were already reserved. He didn’t ask for a preference but when I asked, he was able to check which numbers were reserved already & assigned us the one I picked. You might get lucky if you call back & get someone different who might be able to do it.
Hmm, I did try that but perhaps if I have a moment I can try again and hope to get someone else. I wonder if it’s different depending on the resort? Thanks for your help!

My daughter made the reservation for our trip. Does anyone know if I can call for the cabana rental and pay for it, or does she have to be the one that calls?
You should be able to! They only asked me for the reservation number on my stay and what my email was that was linked to my disney experience - and of course name and address to verify. Good luck!

We enjoyed our rental last October at GF; only one other cabana was rented for a partial day. However, one caveat--beware of a very windy day! Our attendant had to close our cabana because of the wind--it was strange to be inside. Snacks were okay, just chips and there were plenty of drinks. Our attendant was...attentive. Upon reflection, I think I would have preferred the cabana to be at the leisure pool rather than the slide pool. We had an equally good time, if not better, at the YC, and they provided a lovely dessert tray @ 3pm with delightful mini-sweets and, honestly, the best macarons outside of Paris! I felt at GF everything was "extra". We have a cabana at the Four Seasons in 2 months--based on Disney, I have high expectations!

You should be able to! They only asked me for the reservation number on my stay and what my email was that was linked to my disney experience - and of course name and address to verify. Good luck!
Thank you. I will give it a shot, but will have my daughter on standby. She’ll be up trying to make dinner reservations anyway!

Sorry to jump into this thread late but curious what number people call for the cabana rental? I've tried the rec number at 407-939-7529 for the last 3 days, waiting over an hour (and once 2 hours) and not getting through. I finally had to give up because "real life" intruded. Is there a better number to be calling? Our trip is in June. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter