Cabanas for dinner?

We just did a 4 night and ate at Cabanas both nights 2 and 3. Loved eating a nice dinner at a time we wanted. We were visited by a very nice person who seemed to be in charge. They inquired how we found out about dinner at Cabanas and thanked us. The next day they sent a handwritten note to our room thanking us for eating at Cabanas and included a nice box of chocolates.

Are Flo's food also free or is there a charge?

All the food options are included (even room service unless you order something off the menu or soda), except the specialty restaurants. Even the on deck ice cream and pizza is free.

We may try Cabanas on our next cruise - but the one and only we tried, we were turned away at the door because they were "fully booked". Not put on a list, or given a return time, but told "No tables available tonight". Maybe it was an oddity, but it was maybe 6pm when we asked, and we ended up dining on deck and from room service that night. I think it was a Fantasy cruise, and maybe they just understaffed for that evening's demand, but it left a bad taste so we've never tried it again. We usually enjoy the dining rooms too much to miss them anyway!

We may try Cabanas on our next cruise - but the one and only we tried, we were turned away at the door because they were "fully booked". Not put on a list, or given a return time, but told "No tables available tonight". Maybe it was an oddity, but it was maybe 6pm when we asked, and we ended up dining on deck and from room service that night. I think it was a Fantasy cruise, and maybe they just understaffed for that evening's demand, but it left a bad taste so we've never tried it again. We usually enjoy the dining rooms too much to miss them anyway!

That is very odd and seems improbable since they don't take reservations, and how do they know whether tables might open up at 7:00 or 7:30! Doesn't sound very accommodating.

That is very odd and seems improbable since they don't take reservations, and how do they know whether tables might open up at 7:00 or 7:30! Doesn't sound very accommodating.

That's what we thought, too! It seemed really weird. I've somewhat chalked it up to a unique situation, but we've never really felt the need to try again since we really enjoy the MDRs.

We have eaten in Cabanas on the Magic after a long port day in St. Petersburg - but it was a buffet that night, with plenty of food and seating. That seems to occur only occassionally, though - on overnights, or apparently on the PC stops that include WDW - i.e. port days where they anticipate a lot of people missing the dinner seating times. I will say dinner was good - with a carving station and plenty of options. It's too bad they don't offer it as a buffet dinner option regularly. It's one of the things I liked better about Celebrity.

That's what we thought, too! It seemed really weird. I've somewhat chalked it up to a unique situation, but we've never really felt the need to try again since we really enjoy the MDRs.

We have eaten in Cabanas on the Magic after a long port day in St. Petersburg - but it was a buffet that night, with plenty of food and seating. That seems to occur only occassionally, though - on overnights, or apparently on the PC stops that include WDW - i.e. port days where they anticipate a lot of people missing the dinner seating times. I will say dinner was good - with a carving station and plenty of options. It's too bad they don't offer it as a buffet dinner option regularly. It's one of the things I liked better about Celebrity.

I wish they would keep Cabanas as a buffet for dinner. If I wanted a sit down meal, I'd go to the restaurants LOL. The buffet gives you the chance to be in and out quicker and have more variety to choose from. On all other ships we've done, they have the Lido buffet as an option for dinner. When we did the 12-night British Isles Cruise on Princess, it was so port-intensive and we never set foot in the dining rooms. We would get back onboard and head right for the buffet and then crash in our room. However, their buffet food and selection and set-up was the best we've ever seen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter