Cabin #s

MagicMouseketeers

Wasting away in Margaritaville, DVC Member @ AKV
I have reading this board for a while and I have noticed that quite a few curisers don't find out their cabin number until their docs arrive. We booked our cruise through AAA and were given a cabin # at the same time.

Why the difference ??

When all of the cabins in a certain category are booked DCL will sometimes offer a "Guaranteed" cabin in that category. This means that the passenger is guaranteed to get that category cabin or higher. When a cabin is booked this way a cabin number is not given. Usually the passengers do not find out their cabin numbers until they receive their documents. Sometimes they are upgraded and sometimes not.

On our first cruise we booked at Cat. 11 Guaranty and ended up with a category 11 cabin. Other posters have booked a certain category and ended up with a cabin 2, 3 or 4 categories higher. I guess it's the luck of the draw.

Originally posted by MagicMouseketeers
I have reading this board for a while and I have noticed that quite a few curisers don't find out their cabin number until their docs arrive. We booked our cruise through AAA and were given a cabin # at the same time.

Why the difference ??

I look at it this way:

Consider that there will be a few people that have to cancel or reschedule their cruise just before the final payment date. Over the long run, DCL can predict an approximate number that usually has to cancel, so they can overbook slightly. After the cancellations occur, they can put the Guaranty Status people into the available cabins that were freed up. If there are less cancellations than predicted, they have to upgrade someone. Since many of the people that booked with cabin assignments asked for a particular cabin or chose from a list of cabins, it's often easier to upgrade someone from a GTY status that isn't 'emotionally attached' to a cabin number.

hope that helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter