Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

So, if somebody bought in February and chose a March/April use year, would they get a prorated number of points for the first period? Would you get to bank? Or since you can't book yet, will they not allow a use year before it is bookable? How has that worked in the past?
No, you would only have points from the 2024 UYs since the resort is not open in 2023. If you bought in Feb, you would have the points available to use from the first day the resort opens.

The Cabins are not studios though which you didn't mention was your comparison at VGF. The only thing lacking is the washer/dryer when compared to 1BR's. Compare it to 1BR's and it's value is big.

If a buyers plan is to mostly or always stay at the cabins then like most DVC's it can make sense to own there. If it's only occasional and not during the fall then owning elsewhere will make more sense.

Calling them a 1br is a stretch but it could be what Disney end up calling them. However their sq ft is only approx 500 which is much less than other 1brs but more than other studios.

So it’s true cabins are not studios but they aren’t 1brs either. They are cabins a room between studios and 1br.

The Cabins are not studios though which you didn't mention was your comparison at VGF. The only thing lacking is the washer/dryer when compared to 1BR's. Compare it to 1BR's and it's value is big.
Well, the Cabins are also 340 square feet smaller than VGF 1-bedrooms, so there's that as well...

No, you would only have points from the 2024 UYs since the resort is not open in 2023. If you bought in Feb, you would have the points available to use from the first day the resort opens.
So if I bought in February but wanted a December use year to match my current, I wouldn't get any points until December? Hmmm. Need to think on that.

Calling them a 1br is a stretch but it could be what Disney end up calling them. However their sq ft is only approx 500 which is much less than other 1brs but more than other studios.

So it’s true cabins are not studios but they aren’t 1brs either. They are cabins a room between studios and 1br.

DVD is referring to them as a cabin…just like the tree house villas are Treehouse villas but yet have 3 bedrooms.

So if I bought in February but wanted a December use year to match my current, I wouldn't get any points until December? Hmmm. Need to think on that.

That is correct. The calendar yesr a resort first opens is the first set of points for every UY.

The difference comes into play in how much you would owe in prorated MfS.

With the cabins opening July 1st, those with Feb to June UYs will start with 2024 points and pay dues for 6 months of 2024.

For those with an Aug to Dec UY, they will also start with 2024 points but won’t pay mFs until their UY actually starts.

So, a Dec UY owner will only pay one month of dues for 2024 because that UY begins after the resort opens.

Well, the Cabins are also 340 square feet smaller than VGF 1-bedrooms, so there's that as well...
Sorry if there was confusion. They are different from the typical 1 bedroom due to lack of washer dryer. They are Cabins. However.... they do have a separate bedroom, yes? And s full kitchen? Comparing to a studio for cost is not apples to apples. They are their own set up. I'd put them closer to a Value 1BR than a studio. The benefit they give of sleeping 6 is definitely unique as is parking right out your door.

People have already mentioned their concerns with the dogs on the furniture...but I have another question. What does Disney currently do to address the issue of noisy dogs?

We have never considered travelling with our dogs because we have always owned dogs that weigh over 100 pounds. We now own our first hound dog and he is a howler! He is a "Blood Plott"...dad is an AKC Bloodhound and mom is an AKC Plott Hound.

*IF* we ever travel with him, he would be crated while we are out of the room, but when he is in his crate, he howls...loud and long. His baying can be heard from the end of our driveway and that's with the windows closed so I would be very concerned with how this would translate at a hotel. The cabins have an appeal to me because my DH and DD are not interested in doing the parks anymore AND they do not really want to go on vacation anymore because they don't want to leave the pup behind. This would be a great alternative! But then I thought about what we would do if we wanted to go to dinner at Hoop-De-Doo...or go for a fishing trip...or take a horseback ride...or basically any 1-2 hour excursion without the dog? If he were to go in his crate, anyone around would hear about it. He would be sure to let everyone know.

This is purely hypothetical as we have no current plans to travel with the dog at this time. I am just wondering how Disney handles noisy dogs, particularly if the owners are not in the room while the noise is happening. If people are being noisy, it's fairly straightforward for management/security to come by and tell them to keep it down, but it is a little more complicated if it is a crated dog that is barking/howling in a closed room with no owner present.

People have already mentioned their concerns with the dogs on the furniture...but I have another question. What does Disney currently do to address the issue of noisy dogs?

We have never considered travelling with our dogs because we have always owned dogs that weigh over 100 pounds. We now own our first hound dog and he is a howler! He is a "Blood Plott"...dad is an AKC Bloodhound and mom is an AKC Plott Hound.

*IF* we ever travel with him, he would be crated while we are out of the room, but when he is in his crate, he howls...loud and long. His baying can be heard from the end of our driveway and that's with the windows closed so I would be very concerned with how this would translate at a hotel. The cabins have an appeal to me because my DH and DD are not interested in doing the parks anymore AND they do not really want to go on vacation anymore because they don't want to leave the pup behind. This would be a great alternative! But then I thought about what we would do if we wanted to go to dinner at Hoop-De-Doo...or go for a fishing trip...or take a horseback ride...or basically any 1-2 hour excursion without the dog? If he were to go in his crate, anyone around would hear about it. He would be sure to let everyone know.

This is purely hypothetical as we have no current plans to travel with the dog at this time. I am just wondering how Disney handles noisy dogs, particularly if the owners are not in the room while the noise is happening. If people are being noisy, it's fairly straightforward for management/security to come by and tell them to keep it down, but it is a little more complicated if it is a crated dog that is barking/howling in a closed room with no owner present.
If guest services receives a complaint about your dog, you will be called and ask to return to your cabin to check up on your dog.

I assume or guessing that if guest services receives multiple complaints about your dog, you will be asked to leave - as your dog is disturbing other guests vacation.

My dog is also howling when home alone, so I would never bring it anywhere to stay unless I'm with it all the time because I know it would howl and disturb others.

I absolutely LOVE the idea of these Cabins. The cabins look great (IMO), sleep 6 and the point chart is unreal.

Does that outweigh the dues that you pay and the fact you are in the middle of nowhere with no amenities? I sadly just can't get there. No proper pool close by, no quick service and having to rent a golf cart to get to the bus or boat or wherever along with no washer/dyer.

Never mind the resale restrictions.

I will be reading and following what owners have to say about it all.

My guide also said he walked through a new cabin and it's "gorgeous and very contemporary." He's excited about it, but contemporary is not what I'd want.

But also for those dues, I don't think I'll buy in.

We wouldn't buy, but we aren't buying anymore anywhere. We might want to stay a few days, but have concerns.
I have no real idea of size of FW.

My DH uses a scooter at disney and a rollator all the time in real life. How would we get around? We've only toured RVs at Christmas time maybe 15 -20 mins walk from trails end and then loop back. Would we be able to get from a cabin to transportation? On a map, it's looks like the state of Texas.

We wouldn't buy, but we aren't buying anymore anywhere. We might want to stay a few days, but have concerns.
I have no real idea of size of FW.

My DH uses a scooter at disney and a rollator all the time in real life. How would we get around? We've only toured RVs at Christmas time maybe 15 -20 mins walk from trails end and then loop back. Would we be able to get from a cabin to transportation? On a map, it's looks like the state of Texas.
This resort may be easiest for those of us on this side of the Mississippi. My first thought was to drive. We will likely haul our own golf cart and it will be a very convenient transportation place.

Each cabin has some space between it and the next that would serve as a sound buffer, but if you can hear him from the end of your driveway at home, that space might not be enough. @bama_ed , do you have any knowledge of what happens with noisy dogs at the cabins currently?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter