Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

Okay, I did not see anything about $225, so I was curious
Incentive pricing won't come out until that day and will be uploaded onto the website at some point in the middle of the night. I think VGF pricing was up around 12:30 am...because I emailed my guide right away to say I was in!! LOL

I can't make a direct contract work math wise at those dues. Comparing to Copper Creek, once all in (pro-rated up front cost per point plus dues), the per week price for a week in the cabins is very little savings over a week in a 1-bedroom at CCR (about 10-15% during lower seasons and less than 5% during the highest two seasons). That delta will shrink if the dues increase at both resorts at a similar average percentage each year (perhaps this won't be the case....but I doubt it).

For that small savings (that I think will shrink over time) you are giving up 175 sq ft (the cabins are about 30% smaller); a washer/dryer in your unit and all the resort amenities at CCR. The only things you gain are an extra bed (in the bunks) and ability to bring dogs (which comes at an extra cost). As such, I can only see this being financially worthwhile for a family of six or a family that must travel with their dogs every year. There will clearly be some demand from that demographic, there will be some who don't bother to do the math and there will be some that just can't resist staying at Fort Wilderness....but I am not convinced there will be enough to make this sell very quickly.

I am very interested in the Cabins, but will hope we can take advantage occasionally with our small direct contract. Otherwise the reality is we're still spoiled for choice with our (other) on property options.

If guest services receives a complaint about your dog, you will be called and ask to return to your cabin to check up on your dog.

I assume or guessing that if guest services receives multiple complaints about your dog, you will be asked to leave - as your dog is disturbing other guests vacation.

My dog is also howling when home alone, so I would never bring it anywhere to stay unless I'm with it all the time because I know it would howl and disturb others.
I applaud you for that position. Not everyone is as considerate.

If guest services receives a complaint about your dog, you will be called and ask to return to your cabin to check up on your dog.

I assume or guessing that if guest services receives multiple complaints about your dog, you will be asked to leave - as your dog is disturbing other guests vacation.

My dog is also howling when home alone, so I would never bring it anywhere to stay unless I'm with it all the time because I know it would howl and disturb others.
Just to clarify, we have no plans to travel with our dog at this point, for this very reason. I would never want to disturb other guests so until he learns to be a little quieter (he’s only 7 month old), he needs to stay home.

I just wondered if there is a way for management to contact guests immediately to address the issue. Perhaps they are at the pool or just out on the grounds somewhere and can quickly return to address the situation. If a dog is barking while a family is at the MK all day, it is a little difficult for them to return and deal with it promptly, but I would be more sympathetic to a family who went to the pool and returned if alerted to a barking dog.

Just to clarify, we have no plans to travel with our dog at this point, for this very reason. I would never want to disturb other guests so until he learns to be a little quieter (he’s only 7 month old), he needs to stay home.

I just wondered if there is a way for management to contact guests immediately to address the issue. Perhaps they are at the pool or just out on the grounds somewhere and can quickly return to address the situation. If a dog is barking while a family is at the MK all day, it is a little difficult for them to return and deal with it promptly, but I would be more sympathetic to a family who went to the pool and returned if alerted to a barking dog.

What I have read is that they call the phone number on the account and ask you to return.

So, if you are at MK, they would expect you to come back.

So, if somebody bought in February and chose a March/April use year, would they get a prorated number of points for the first period? Would you get to bank? Or since you can't book yet, will they not allow a use year before it is bookable? How has that worked in the past?

No, you would only have points from the 2024 UYs since the resort is not open in 2023. If you bought in Feb, you would have the points available to use from the first day the resort opens.

So if I bought in February but wanted a December use year to match my current, I wouldn't get any points until December? Hmmm. Need to think on that.

That is correct. The calendar yesr a resort first opens is the first set of points for every UY.

The difference comes into play in how much you would owe in prorated MfS.

With the cabins opening July 1st, those with Feb to June UYs will start with 2024 points and pay dues for 6 months of 2024.

For those with an Aug to Dec UY, they will also start with 2024 points but won’t pay mFs until their UY actually starts.

So, a Dec UY owner will only pay one month of dues for 2024 because that UY begins after the resort opens.
I wonder if I may have contributed to the confusion, and if so - I apologize! I got a little excited from the VGF sale, and forgot how it happened with Riviera. We bought in April, before the resort opened, wanted a Feb UY to match our BLT contract (which would have spread points more evenly across the 2 UYs we had already). But because the resort didn't open until Dec 2019, we were told that the only way to get 2019 UY points was to buy a UY after April, I think. New owners were basically told they had to have December. So if we'd gotten a Feb UY points, our first allotment of points would have come in Feb 2020, and we wanted to plan a stay in December 2019. Once we confirmed that if we chose an Aug UY, we'd get points in our account in Aug 2019, we switched to that UY. It's the same # of years of points, but a Feb UY would get the points at the back end, which I didn't want. And also we'd have started using our points by borrowing instead of current UY points.

If DVC is offering anything like the "sell back" the first year's points (I cannot keep track of all the pitchy names anymore), and you have no imminent need for points, you might be better off asking for a later UY.

Earlier I was commenting to someone that now might be a good time to get contracts written for direct Riviera in case CFW incentives aren't good enough. And you will have enough time to rescind if you decide you want CFW. An added kicker for Riviera, though, is if you bought a Feb UY 100 point contract now, for example, you'd get Feb 2023 points (100) and in 5 days get another 100 points. You could sell back or rent out or bank the Feb 2023 points and barely notice because you'd be getting 2024 points almost right away. AND you'd pay 11/12 of 2024 dues on 100 points.

This may not work for CFW, it will depend on when they say will be the first UY of points. So that's another point in favor of Riviera (in addition to lower dues) worth ~$20/per point. Hm. Now I wonder if this whole CFW thing is a way to sell more Riviera.... 🤔

Hope that helps (and clears things up).

I wonder if I may have contributed to the confusion, and if so - I apologize! I got a little excited from the VGF sale, and forgot how it happened with Riviera. We bought in April, before the resort opened, wanted a Feb UY to match our BLT contract (which would have spread points more evenly across the 2 UYs we had already). But because the resort didn't open until Dec 2019, we were told that the only way to get 2019 UY points was to buy a UY after April, I think. New owners were basically told they had to have December. So if we'd gotten a Feb UY points, our first allotment of points would have come in Feb 2020, and we wanted to plan a stay in December 2019. Once we confirmed that if we chose an Aug UY, we'd get points in our account in Aug 2019, we switched to that UY. It's the same # of years of points, but a Feb UY would get the points at the back end, which I didn't want. And also we'd have started using our points by borrowing instead of current UY points.

If DVC is offering anything like the "sell back" the first year's points (I cannot keep track of all the pitchy names anymore), and you have no imminent need for points, you might be better off asking for a later UY.

Earlier I was commenting to someone that now might be a good time to get contracts written for direct Riviera in case CFW incentives aren't good enough. And you will have enough time to rescind if you decide you want CFW. An added kicker for Riviera, though, is if you bought a Feb UY 100 point contract now, for example, you'd get Feb 2023 points (100) and in 5 days get another 100 points. You could sell back or rent out or bank the Feb 2023 points and barely notice because you'd be getting 2024 points almost right away. AND you'd pay 11/12 of 2024 dues on 100 points.

This may not work for CFW, it will depend on when they say will be the first UY of points. So that's another point in favor of Riviera (in addition to lower dues) worth ~$20/per point. Hm. Now I wonder if this whole CFW thing is a way to sell more Riviera.... 🤔

Hope that helps (and clears things up).
You are right. That was how I got confused :-) All clear. Trying hard to get DVC to give me more info on the cabins. I know many people think it is a stupid idea, but for my family, "home" are the cabins and the Poly (and we already have AKL for the extra trips with more bedrooms).

You are right. That was how I got confused :-) All clear. Trying hard to get DVC to give me more info on the cabins. I know many people think it is a stupid idea, but for my family, "home" are the cabins and the Poly (and we already have AKL for the extra trips with more bedrooms).
I don’t think it’s stupid at all. Most of us here are so focused on all the additional financial benefits of DVC that we tend to forget the intrinsic value of simply owning (trust or not) a part of Disney, a place that is incredibly dear to all of us. I get so excited sometimes with the mere thought that I “own” a part of Disney and get to come “home” year after year. Maybe it's not tangible value, but it is just as important. There is something super cool about saying you own there.

So if the Cabins are home, then they are worth their cost to you and your family. Not to mention that many have already done the math and there is still significant savings in owning at the cabins then paying cash rates year after year, especially since there’s a very good chance they’ll be increasing the nightly cash rates to match the newly minted deluxe status.

Last edited:
I spoke with my guide this morning. $225 per point and $12.16 for dues. There will be an incentive, but it's not yet known what it will be. They don't expect it to be much of an incentive, however.
The math just doesn't work here. Consider a 100 point contract for 50 years is $22,500 for 5000 points or $4.50 per point. Add in dues and you're at $16.66 which is basically rental market pricing. Then consider the average night at the cabins is 20 points, so your 100 points are only getting you 5 nights per year. So in just one year your amortized cost + dues is $1,666.00 on 100 points, which across 5 nights is a whopping $333.20 per night in just year 1 and only increasing from there!

Honestly I can't make sense of the math here and I'm not sure who is paying to stay in a mobile home in a campground with limited amenities for these rates.

The math just doesn't work here. Consider a 100 point contract for 50 years is $22,500 for 5000 points or $4.50 per point. Add in dues and you're at $16.66 which is basically rental market pricing. Then consider the average night at the cabins is 20 points, so your 100 points are only getting you 5 nights per year. So in just one year your amortized cost + dues is $1,666.00 on 100 points, which across 5 nights is a whopping $333.20 per night in just year 1 and only increasing from there!

Honestly I can't make sense of the math here and I'm not sure who is paying to stay in a mobile home in a campground with limited amenities for these rates.
My question here becomes what the cash rate for the new cabins might increase to because we booked July 1st cash (for sure old cabin) just to be on property and it was $385, which doesn't provide a huge value to DVC vs. Cash bookings.

I hear you but regardless, that’s still an average of $200/nt savings on cash bookings, even with the hotel discounts. The math is definitely no where near where it is for a lot of the other resorts but it’s still a sizable savings. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if they raise the nightly cash cost for these by the time they open. And as we all know, cash prices will continue to go up. So that number will increase making the $333 look a lot more appealing.

For the right family this could definitely work.

I hear you but regardless, that’s still an average of $200/nt savings on cash bookings, even with the hotel discounts. The math is definitely no where near where it is for a lot of the other resorts but it’s still a sizable savings. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if they raise the nightly cash cost for these by the time they open. And as we all know, cash prices will continue to go up. So that number will increase making the $333 look a lot more appealing.

For the right family this could definitely work.
Well @pkrieger2287made my numbers look really bad now haha but some had done the average costs somewhere on these thread and found it around $175. But this makes me more sure they’re going to raise the nightly cash prices to make it look more appealing. Even very naive and new DVC members run the numbers and would find this unappealing. DVD has to know that…right?

Well @pkrieger2287made my numbers look really bad now haha but some had done the average costs somewhere on these thread and found it around $175. But this makes me more sure they’re going to raise the nightly cash prices to make it look more appealing. Even very naive and new DVC members run the numbers and would find this unappealing. DVD has to know that…right?
Avg of $175 for which? Cash bookings? The avg DVC cost? I haven't seen either mentioned as being that low although probably missed some posts. Anyway - that's not correct for either.

Last edited:
I think they will have to raise the cash prices because the cabins will now be considered a deluxe resort product, not a moderate, as before.

$175 sounds more like a campsite price than cabin. We paid $439.20 with military discount on a Thursday in October. Regular price would have been over $500.

I think they will have to raise the cash prices because the cabins will now be considered a deluxe resort product, not a moderate, as before.
I think you’re right. But just goes to show how we all fall for the massively inflated rack rates at all the other DVC resorts and are lulled in to thinking we are making massive savings! It’s all just psychology!

Yeah, I agree with you it is hard to make the math work on this one but for some it might. I will say that you probably aren't paying $16/pt to rent out points at this resort from a rental company. I could see owners getting between $18-$19/pt (I think that is what dvc rental store is paying now for some resorts) renting out this resort, so renters will have to pay more than $16/point. When I was looking at this resort for a stay around presidents day weekend in February, cash stays were $425/night + tax with the save 20% offer (prices everywhere were really expensive the week I was looking). I think how it will sell really depends on cash rates after it becomes DVC and how much people like the resort. Paying $4.50 per point upfront for a new resort is high, but people pay more than that for contracts that are closer to expiration because they love those resorts. When Disneyland Hotel first went on sale, the incentives were much better at 150 points (which is around the average number of points required for a week in the Cabins). 150 points will likely be the sweet spot on the point chart with incentives. Even if you take a loss in the upfront costs for purchasing, you get some of it back when you resell. The real issue I see is with the dues and not knowing how hard it will be to stay here at 7 months if it is a resort you love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter