Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

2 things that might matter for the DVC cost per night for cabins:

The resort gets built out. Something like Reflections added, maybe they put in the newest coolest pool at WDW, etc.

Very hard to book coveted times of the year without owning. There’s already a strong following for Oct and Dec.

Both of these will increase the perceived value beyond what were the old cash rack rate prices.

Avg of $175 for which? Cash bookings? The avg DVC cost? I haven't seen either mentioned as being that low although probably missed some posts. Anyway - that's not correct for either.
$175 sounds more like a campsite price than cabin. We paid $439.20 with military discount on a Thursday in October. Regular price would have been over $500.
I think the $175 was meant as average savings per night between DVC cost and cash
Apologies, I wasn’t very clear! Yes what @Genie+ said, thank you! $175 is the current average savings per night between DVC cost and cash, exactly. When the price is inevitably increased that should translate to even bigger savings.

So to the rental piece. How does the renter pay for the pet fee? And will renters understand why there may be a premium for a cabin? And I can already hear the complaints now about LLCs and walkers will be taking the Halloween and Holiday best dates.

So to the rental piece. How does the renter pay for the pet fee? And will renters understand why there may be a premium for a cabin? And I can already hear the complaints now about LLCs and walkers will be taking the Halloween and Holiday best dates.
If those nights disappear during the 11 month window then owners in any capacity are allowed to book and use as they see it.

They changed up the rental language in the documents for the trust association. It is much more direct in how they would define those using their ownership interst for rentals. For example, it says something like a repeated pattern of advertising through site as seen as renting for other than personal use.

But, regardless, owners have the right to book any room they want when they want.

Just to add.

If a renter or owner stays in the Cabins, I ASSUME that during checkin you need to mark if you are bringing a pet or not. If you are then I also ASSUME that you are shown a page where you can enter your CC details.

I read somewhere that there are a limited number of pet friendly units available so maybe only the check mark option is available for those units.

Furthermore I dont think renters care about the premium for a cabin. If they have agreed to a price with an owner or Disney then they know on beforehand and thats all that matters.

I hear you but regardless, that’s still an average of $200/nt savings on cash bookings, even with the hotel discounts. The math is definitely no where near where it is for a lot of the other resorts but it’s still a sizable savings. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if they raise the nightly cash cost for these by the time they open. And as we all know, cash prices will continue to go up. So that number will increase making the $333 look a lot more appealing.

For the right family this could definitely work.

I think they will have to raise the cash prices because the cabins will now be considered a deluxe resort product, not a moderate, as before.
So basically, what is happening is that they have taken the rooms (cabins), refurbished them and now the entire property is "deluxe" and is being marketed as a DVC product. By doing so, the "value" of the rooms (cabins) has increased so the rack rate will go up to accomodate the "upgrade" in the entire resort's classification to a "deluxe" property.

Did I miss anything? Is the resort as a whole getting an upgrade?? I guess I just don't understand how upgrading one portion of a resort can justify bumping up the entire resort to the deluxe category. Even though we haven't seen it yet, we all know that the increase in rack rate is inevitible and it seems like that is just a "money grab". They have not expressed any sort of improvements or upgrades of the resort as a whole, so what are they offering for the increase in rate? Nothing...just the opportunity to buy DVC and "save" money!

Just to add.

If a renter or owner stays in the Cabins, I ASSUME that during checkin you need to mark if you are bringing a pet or not. If you are then I also ASSUME that you are shown a page where you can enter your CC details.

I read somewhere that there are a limited number of pet friendly units available so maybe only the check mark option is available for those units.

Furthermore I dont think renters care about the premium for a cabin. If they have agreed to a price with an owner or Disney then they know on beforehand and thats all that matters.
As it works now when you bring your dog, you first have to call Disney and tell them you will have a dog so they mark it on your reservation. I've been played in Loop 2700 both times.

When you arrive, you have to go to the front desk where you get a pet amenity kit and ensure the pet fee is added to your bill. In the kit is a door hanger that you must keep on the door when your pet is inside.

And for those concerned, housekeeping will service your cabin even with a pet - what you do is call and schedule a time when you'll be back. I take my dog to the dog park while housekeeping cleans. On my last trip, I got 2 services and it was so nice because they changed sheets, cleaned, etc. It was a full cleaning, not just towel change.

I've stayed 2x with my dog at the Cabins and 1x at POR, and Disney has a whole process for this so I would imagine they won't rock that boat too much.

So basically, what is happening is that they have taken the rooms (cabins), refurbished them and now the entire property is "deluxe" and is being marketed as a DVC product. By doing so, the "value" of the rooms (cabins) has increased so the rack rate will go up to accomodate the "upgrade" in the entire resort's classification to a "deluxe" property.

Did I miss anything? Is the resort as a whole getting an upgrade?? I guess I just don't understand how upgrading one portion of a resort can justify bumping up the entire resort to the deluxe category. Even though we haven't seen it yet, we all know that the increase in rack rate is inevitible and it seems like that is just a "money grab". They have not expressed any sort of improvements or upgrades of the resort as a whole, so what are they offering for the increase in rate? Nothing...just the opportunity to buy DVC and "save" money!
Yep that’s how I understand it too. DVD is bold but I can’t imagine it isn’t at least in their near future plans to upgrade the amenities/pools/comfort stations. The backlash would be immense. Maybe they’re hoping to foist the cost of refurbishment on owners dues. Could be why the dues are so crazy high if they’re looking to do a large overhaul that covers so much territory.

Has there ever been a time when dues were reduced after some kind of major refurb? i.e. is it possible it starts at 12.15 then they drop it down to 9.xx in a couple years after building out some of those upgrades?

12.15 seems like it would be fatal to a lot of potential buyers.

Has there ever been a time when dues were reduced after some kind of major refurb? i.e. is it possible it starts at 12.15 then they drop it down to 9.xx in a couple years after building out some of those upgrades?

12.15 seems like it would be fatal to a lot of potential buyers.
I'm not sure the dues are a reflection of the construction and or maintenance costs of the resorts, as much as they are a reflection of likely property taxes and definitely insurance that is probably deemed high risk. I also would not negate the transportation cost the resort likely incurs also, which is also offset in dues.

I'm not sure the dues are a reflection of the construction and or maintenance costs of the resorts, as much as they are a reflection of likely property taxes and definitely insurance that is probably deemed high risk. I also would not negate the transportation cost the resort likely incurs also, which is also offset in dues.
Just seems like a lack units to help spread out the cost.

I don't think the tent/RV/campsites will be considered deluxe. There will probably be some sort of distinction they can configure so it only registers the cabins as deluxe when scanning a MB, ticket, phone, etc.

Last edited:
I guess I just don't understand how upgrading one portion of a resort can justify bumping up the entire resort to the deluxe category.
Well, adding a balcony and a kitchen makes OKW "deluxe", even with boring pools, almost no food options, and only 3 buildings with elevators. Not saying FW is OKW, amenity-wise, but I am saying OKW is no POFQ, PORS, CSR, or CBR amenity-wise either.

Last edited:
My guide just called me and asked if I had any questions before FW goes live tomorrow. She couldn’t confirm anything related to dues but would have everything fort wilderness related sent over to me at 7:30 EST. Once I have information, I’d be glad to share it with you all!

Last edited:
My guide just called me and asked if I had any questions before FW goes live tomorrow. She couldn’t confirm anything related to dues but would have everything fort wilderness related sent over to me at 7:30 EST. Once I have information, I’d be glad to share it with you all!
Yeah I had a guide call me 15 mins ago too (though interestingly not my guide). She confirmed starting cost ($225) and dues ($12.15). She said incentives will be given tomorrow morning when they go on sale and she’d email them to me first thing.

I also just got an email recapping our convo with a bunch of FAQs they’re currently allowed to share but most was things we’ve known. A few smaller things were answered but nothing we didn’t already speculate. I’m happy to post those here if people would like.

Last edited:
Yeah I had a guide call me 15 mins ago too (though interestingly not my guide). She confirmed starting cost ($225) and dues ($12.15). She said incentives will be given tomorrow morning when they go on sale and she’d email them to me first thing.

I also just got an email recapping our convo with a bunch of FAQs they’re currently allowed to share but most was something we’ve known. A few smaller things were answered but nothing we didn’t already speculate. I’m happy to post those here if people would like.
SHARE EVERYTHING! Lol

We love information!

I also just got an email recapping our convo with a bunch of FAQs they’re currently allowed to share but most was something we’ve known. A few smaller things were answered but nothing we didn’t already speculate. I’m happy to post those here if people would like.
Also I asked her again about PVB and the tower just to see if she would confirm anything and she did say the the current plan is still to keep the tower as part of PVB but when I pushed her on whether or not my resale points can be used there, she gave more of a generic answer that as long as the associations are the same you should be able to use them, but not whether they will be, but they should be. We might just be reading too much into it now and at least she felt comfortable saying that the tower will be part of PVB. I feel like they need to be more careful on phone calls since they’re recorded so I’ll take it they’ve been briefed to at least confirm Yvonne changes original statement.

SHARE EVERYTHING! Lol

We love information!
Truer words. Here’s that part of the email:

FAQs

When will sales begin for The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort?

Sales for current Members will begin on Feb. 1 and sales for all others will begin on Feb. 27.

When will The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort open?

The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort is currently under construction and the first loop is projected to open July 1, 2024.

When can Members make reservations at The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort?

Members that choose to add this resort to their portfolio will be able to book reservations as early as Feb 15 for resorts stays July 1st 2024, and beyond.

What is the price per point? $225 per point

What are the dues? Estimated at $12.15 per point

What is the minimum add on for a Disney Vacation Club member? 50 points

Do I have to pay a full year worth of dues for 2024 points?

No, dues will be billed based on opening date of the resort or Disney Vacation Club members use year(whichever one is the later).

When do I receive my first set of points?

All members will receive 2024 points

What are the point values for this resort?

They are currently on the member website for 2024 and 2025

Are there going to be any special promotions? Has not been disclosed as of yet.

The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort currently offers pet-friendly accommodations.

At this time, dogs are the only pets allowed, with a maximum of two permitted per cabin. • An additional fee will be assessed for each dog for each night of the stay. • Dog-friendly accommodations are subject to change without notice.

Can Members use their points at The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort to stay at another Resort before The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort opens?

No. Any reservation made with Points from The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort must be for stays after the opening of The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort on July 1.

When do we commence sales to the general public? Feb 27, 2024.

I also just got an email recapping our convo with a bunch of FAQs they’re currently allowed to share but most was things we’ve known. A few smaller things were answered but nothing we didn’t already speculate. I’m happy to post those here if people would like.

If you can say, did it mention anything about being sold as a trust use plan?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter