Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

Doesn't seem to be any DVC deluxe amenities to me. Imo, there should at least be future plans and an announcement about something like a new pool with a lazy river or something planned for the future to make this resort stand out. Seems to me, similar thinking of BPK conversion and let owners pay for it all.

Pretty surprised they are not better. Only thing I can think of is that only acticTef 30 cabins so don’t want sales to be too crazy at first?

Or, this is a way to get people to go RIV and that something unique will happen when Poly tower sales begin?
I had the same initial surprise about incentives. I don't think Disney is in any rush to sell out because the cabins should be popular cash rooms so it makes sense to them to keep as many rooms as cash by minimizing declarations, and they can minimize declarations by decreasing demand from buyers. It's the same argument why Disney is likely okay with Riviera sales pace while they're still getting demand for cash rooms there.

The other thing is that, arguably, it may not have been the best business practice to offer best discounts at opening when people buying are most likely to buy regardless of price.

Together I think it's just a different business model the last few years. With prices DVC may feel the market is more mature than growth.

If comparing CFW (sleeps 6) to a 1BR alternative (sleeps 4), add 50% more to the alternative for an apples-to-apples cost comparison.
No 1BR sleeps 6 unless one is an infant under the age of 3. So the true apples-to-apples comparison is to the cost of a 2BR.

I’m not where I can do this, so can someone please calculate the cost, after current incentives, for a family of six to buy the number of points needed for the same week at CFW in a cabin and at RIV in a 2BR?

The wear and tear with dogs will be insane. I think that’s why the maintenance fees are rumored to be over $12.
Lets say a dog scratch the door, not to the extend that its totally ruined, but still to the extend that you can see a dog that scratched it - Who will pay for that, the person staying in the room? or the owners at CFW through their dues?

IF its the person staying there, we might see a increase in renters who skips out on the bill leaving the owner to bear the cost - since we are liable for our renters.

Good luck trying to collect that money in court.

DVC started prep for Reflections at FW on the old River Country property and spent a LOT of money clearing the land and laying in utilities. I believe DVC will come back at some point (soon) and build a DVC property (or shared property like the Reflections plan) which will be in the same trust or association as the CFW. The new Reflections-like DVC will have the lower cost dues due to efficiencies and when blended with the CFW dues rate will reduce the overall dues cost of CFW units. And it would have available more amenities to use.
I like this. It gives a rationale why doing this is in Disney's interests (recouping the land prep they've already done for Reflections), and not just the interests of the owners. It also offers a potential upside on owning here.

I can sort of see buying here if you wanted to stay here most of the time. The high dues are offset by a low point chart, and if 11-month (or fixed-week) booking is important to you, this is the way to get it. For example, if I owned enough for my "normal" week as an 11-month/non-fixed-week booking, it's just about $2,140 exactly in Dues. That's high, but not obscene. A 1BR at, say, SSR in Standard that same week as an SSR owner is just over $1,880. So, about a 13% premium. Given the unique nature of the Fort, I can imagine finding enough takers on this.

I would also bet money---not a lot, but some---that DVD has followed the post-Aulani-executives-got-fired playbook of estimating high on original Dues, as they did at RIV.

If the plan is to build out the FW area with more amenities, you would think that would be a selling feature and they would be promoting that.
Timeshare laws make it tricky to promise "things that are planned" while you are selling timeshares. Even in Florida.

Lets say a dog scratch the door, not to the extend that its totally ruined, but still to the extend that you can see a dog that scratched it - Who will pay for that, the person staying in the room? or the owners at CFW through their dues?

IF its the person staying there, we might see a increase in renters who skips out on the bill leaving the owner to bear the cost - since we are liable for our renters.

I think it will just be absorbed by the owners. It seems like that’s what happens even without dogs. If they actually try to keep the units in excellent condition, I suspect the dues will go up a lot over time.

No 1BR sleeps 6 unless one is an infant under the age of 3. So the true apples-to-apples comparison is to the cost of a 2BR.

I’m not where I can do this, so can someone please calculate the cost, after current incentives, for a family of six to buy the number of points needed for the same week at CFW in a cabin and at RIV in a 2BR?
Still comparing the room to a 1BR or 2BR is still not an apples to apples comparison.

The Cabins are much much smaller than a 1br and the cabins also don't have the W/D. IMO it's best to compare to a studio. I know you get the kitchen and you get a separate bedroom, but the separate bedroom sleeps 4, so its hardly a separate bedroom more like a bunk room :-)

Keep in mind, renting may not be guaranteed with the new trust set up. If I am remembering correctly, they kept things status quo but inserted the language to give themselves the right to modify the terms to how or when renting is allowed. Just something to keep in mind that with this property, it isn’t as clear cut when it comes to rentals.

My guess is that those types of maintenance issues will be the responsibility of owners in general via dues, under the "normal wear and tear" guise. Since those with pets are paying an extra fee, that would go toward it as well because I am sure that plenty of situations will occur where no damage is done and that money will be there for the times when it is.

Keep in mind, renting may not be guaranteed with the new trust set up. If I am remembering correctly, they kept things status quo but inserted the language to give themselves the right to modify the terms to how or when renting is allowed. Just something to keep in mind that with this property, it isn’t as clear cut when it comes to rentals.

Yes, they actually gave DVC the power to oversee it and added a lot more specific language regarding what could be seen as a pattern of rental activity.

One specific was repeated use of adversting on a public site. IMO, something like our DISboards Rent/Trade forum could end up causing some owners who rent a lot of points and all the time, find themselves in violation. And, I am waiting to see the updated multi-site POS to see if any of that language makes it way into that document.

I don't have pets, but can certainly understand those that do. Having said that, i'm not allergic to dogs, but i am severely allergic to Cats and i can't imagine cat lovers won't have the ability to bring their furry cuties too, which can be a bit of a challenge for some. I'll still book with my direct points and bring my allergy meds b/c that's how i role with DVC. lol
Cats aren't allowed, only dogs at this time.

Still comparing the room to a 1BR or 2BR is still not an apples to apples comparison.

The Cabins are much much smaller than a 1br and the cabins also don't have the W/D. IMO it's best to compare to a studio. I know you get the kitchen and you get a separate bedroom, but the separate bedroom sleeps 4, so its hardly a separate bedroom more like a bunk room :-)
Yes, those of us who spend a lot of time here and in similar forums do think like that. OTOH, for a family of six sitting with a guide, don’t you think the cost comparison might be relevant? I keep remembering all the families of five who happily bought Poly because they could fit everyone in a studio there instead of needing to pay for a 1BR elsewhere. I think DVD is looking at the CFW as an entry to DVC for larger families unwilling/unable to pay for 2BR at RIV.

My take on the incentives (or lack thereof) is that with the favorable point chart there's really no need to buy more than 150, unless you plan to spend 2-3 weeks there yearly. This is unlike other resorts that have other room categories where buying 2-300 points makes sense. Since the deep incentives don't really start until you hit that level of points, we're left with what they're offering now.

Yes, they actually gave DVC the power to oversee it and added a lot more specific language regarding what could be seen as a pattern of rental activity.

One specific was repeated use of adversting on a public site. IMO, something like our DISboards Rent/Trade forum could end up causing some owners who rent a lot of points and all the time, find themselves in violation. And, I am waiting to see the updated multi-site POS to see if any of that language makes it way into that document.
Is this in all contracts do you know sorry?

Yes, those of us who spend a lot of time here and in similar forums do think like that. OTOH, for a family of six sitting with a guide, don’t you think the cost comparison might be relevant? I keep remembering all the families of five who happily bought Poly because they could fit everyone in a studio there instead of needing to pay for a 1BR elsewhere. I think DVD is looking at the CFW as an entry to DVC for larger families unwilling/unable to pay for 2BR at RIV.
We thought our Disney days were over because Disney hates families of 6 or more. It was either buy two rooms for a resort or cruise or don't go. We thought we would not be going unless it was a major trip. That made us look into DVC even more and even then did not think we good rationalize the cost because enough points in a 2 bedroom at RIV was incredibly high. Luckily that research allowed us to stumble upon the resale market and that changed everything and our SSR 2 bedroom balances out to the price of 2 value rooms.

If I was new to the market, as a family of 6 the cabins may be able to swing me but the the math would still be very tight over all due to what you recieve for the funds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter