• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

And they shouldn't be. We should always have the right to use those mechanisms to rent our points if necessary. It's the Facebook and other groups that have members listing 15, 20, or more discrete reservations available to purchase, all at one time and in a rolling fashion that are and should be the target of any enforcement.

And the newest version of the multi site POs is up on the website. I am going to read through that when I get home see if they updated language there at all.

If this does come true, many will be kicking themselves they didn’t get in when it was *only* $225/pt v closer to $300/pt it will be once we get to a Reflections 2.0.

On the other hand, some will be happy not having paid higher dues for 3-5 years as a trade off for a higher entry point in the future. I have to believe that DVD is thinking of their 5+ year plan with this property being sold as it is.
That is my one worry (well, that, and how hard will October or December be to book at 7 months) about not buying CFW points now. How much will cabin points cost if in the future we decide studios are too small? The cabins are the only "one bedroom" in the Magic Kingdom area I could rationalize spending the points on, so it'd be either there, OKW, or SSR, if/when we outgrow studios.

Still comparing the room to a 1BR or 2BR is still not an apples to apples comparison.

The Cabins are much much smaller than a 1br and the cabins also don't have the W/D. IMO it's best to compare to a studio. I know you get the kitchen and you get a separate bedroom, but the separate bedroom sleeps 4, so its hardly a separate bedroom more like a bunk room :-)
I can't get on board that the Cabins compare to a studio at all. It's a 1BR without washer/dryer and sleeps more than any other 1BR plus you can park right outside your door. Parking and increased occupancy will offset the in room washer/dryer in a lot of cases.

That is my one worry (well, that, and how hard will October or December be to book at 7 months) about not buying CFW points now. How much will cabin points cost if in the future we decide studios are too small? The cabins are the only "one bedroom" in the Magic Kingdom area I could rationalize spending the points on, so it'd be either there, OKW, or SSR, if/when we outgrow studios.
The cabins are great when they want to start bringing friends. And when they were little, it was great for bringing the grandparents who could babysit too :-)

Is there a main website where we can find information as and when they post it on the trust, deeds etc sorry - new to all this!

Well, i can officially say that this Cabin talk has reaffirmed how amazing the VGF price and incentives were when sales opened to existing members. Best bang for your buck direct purchase in modern times (not counting legacy of course).

Attachments

• IMG_3957.jpeg
    IMG_3957.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 115
Well, i can officially say that this Cabin talk has reaffirmed how amazing the VGF price and incentives were when sales opened to existing members. Best bang for your buck direct purchase in modern times (not counting legacy of course).
Heck it even makes the VDH opening incentives look good! I feel better about that purchase after seeing these cabin prices and dues costs

Just to be clear, it wasn’t any advertising but repeated used to advertise and rent over an over

My guess is someone who uses a place like the Disbosrd or a broker for the occasional rental won’t be bothered with by DVC.
I must've missed the earlier conversation and I know this veering slightly off topic, but if they were serious about cracking down on rentals why even bother looking for advertising here or another or forum. Couldn't they just look at the amount of reservations not made in the member's name?

In the trust agreeement they have given themselves full authority to reallocate points. So if they build Reflections 2.0 and add it to the cabin trust, they can rebalance points across the resort and cabins as they see fit. Just something to keep in mind when we talk about dues and number of points required to stay there.
If this is the plan than a FW week would be the way to go to future proof against the re-allocation. Especially if someone likes to go consistently at a certain time of year. I bought a FW standard studio week 52 at Riv when it only cost 196 point as a guaranteed week. When it was rebranded as a favorite week it would cost 230 points to buy it today if it was still available. My week will most likely always cost more points if booking on my own vs using my guaranteed week because its over the holidays, they have to go in and manually add points to make my reservation.

I must've missed the earlier conversation and I know this veering slightly off topic, but if they were serious about cracking down on rentals why even bother looking for advertising here or another or forum. Couldn't they just look at the amount of reservations not made in the member's name?
Maybe, but maybe you just have a lot of friends you give your points to. Just because a res isn't in your name doesn't mean you rented it.

Maybe, but maybe you just have a lot of friends you give your points to. Just because a res isn't in your name doesn't mean you rented it.
I get that, I'm just saying what @Sandisw mentioned earlier about going through fora such as the disboards rental threads seems like a very inefficient way to track down commercial renters. They'd be better off instituting some sort of guest certificate program to make it easier to track non-member stays (and make some money on the side instituting it).

It'd be pretty easy to track confirmed reservations renting.

List A is a list of all confirmed reservations pulled from various brokers.

List B is a list of reservations where the owner isn't on the reservation, have it include resort, accommodation, and dates.

Where they overlap put owner on a "watch" list. If it happens a few times a year, no problem. But then maybe a pattern develops and they start seeing the same name dozens of times.

I did some math because I was curious. I think trying to compare the cabins to a studio isn't an accurate comparison, so I compared 1 week (mid season - Feb 1-15) in a standard view 1 bedroom in RIV, to the same week at the cabins. I used 2025 point chart for the comparison.

RIV - 276pts needed, $201/pt purchase price, 47yrs worth of points, $8.85/pt dues. Your purchase price would be $55,476, and your 1 week stay would cost you $3,622.94 ($4.28/pt/yr + dues)

CFW - 148pts needed, $221/pt purchase price (would be cheaper to buy 150pts, but I wanted to keep things consistent), 51yrs worth of points, $12.16/pt dues. Your purchase price would be $32,708, and your 1 week stay would cost you $2,441.01 ($4.33/pt/yr + dues)

Overall, you're saving 41% upfront and 32.6% per stay by buying CFW points compared to RIV.

Cabins: Vacation Ownership Interests. Vacation Ownership Interests are interests in real property and are defined as “timeshare estates” pursuant to Section 721.05(34), Florida Statutes, and Section 721.57, Florida Statutes. Purchasers of a Vacation Ownership Interest acquire an indirect interest in the Trust, which includes an equity interest in the Association together with its appurtenances, including use rights in the property in the Trust, as established for The Cabins Resort Use Plan, all as created pursuant to and governed by the Resort Documents. Title to a Vacation Ownership Interest will be conveyed to the Purchaser until January 31, 2075, unless otherwise extended in accordance with the Resort Documents, at which time the Ground Lease will expire, The Cabins Resort Use Plan and the Vacation Ownership Interests will terminate, and the Resort Property will vest in WDPR as the lessor. Vacation Ownership Interests in The Cabins Resort Use Plan are conveyed by virtue of the delivery of a special warranty deed.

VS

VGF:
Ownership Interests are fee interests in real property and are defined as "time-share estates" pursuant to Section 721.05(34), Florida Statutes, and Section 721.57 , Florida Statutes. Purchasers of an Ownership Interest receive an undivided percentage real property interest in a Unit as a tenant-in-common with other Purchasers of undivided percentage interests in that Unit in accordance with the Declaration, Fee title to an Ownership lnterest will be conveyed to the Purchaser until January 31, 2064, unless otherwise extended in accordance with the Condominium Documents, at which time the Ground Lease will expire, the Grand Floridian Villas will terminate and title to the Ownership lnterest and the Condominium Property will vest in WDPR as the lessor, Ownership lnterests in the Grand Floddian Villas are conveyed by virtue of the delivery of a special warranty deed,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter