Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

The statement reads: "striving to transform the existing business into "DVC 2.0."

Restrictions were introduced six years ago. It's not new. Existing business implies the current business model, transforming into another.

This is why I think they will move to a new model. Now, it might not happen right away, but I do think it at least suggests the possibility that the trust association and selling as a RTU vacation plan may not just be for CFW.

This is why I think they will move to a new model. Now, it might not happen right away, but I do think it at least suggests the possibility that the trust association and selling as a RTU vacation plan may not just be for CFW.
Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by RTU vacation plan?

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by RTU vacation plan?
You are not deeded to a fractional ownership in a specific unit, at a specific resort, but rather buy into a vacation ownership plan that gives you access to any property that has been activated under that plan.

While in practice, right now, it won't seem any different, because they have only activated the cabins into this current vacation plan, but it could be in the future.

DVD (or the trust) remains owner of the actual property and where as right now, they only retain ownership of only a certain % of the actual buildings....

Who is buying these? Is there a fitness center at the cabins? The price is high and mf's are really high. I like the idea of being pet friendly. I guess the campers and ft wilderness lovers may purchase there. But at 12.00 plus per point fees it seems disney is shifting their costs to manage the fort onto dvc owners.

Who is buying these? Is there a fitness center at the cabins? The price is high and mf's are really high. I like the idea of being pet friendly. I guess the campers and ft wilderness lovers may purchase there. But at 12.00 plus per point fees it seems disney is shifting their costs to manage the fort onto dvc owners.
I bought here. I am a runner, and there is no place on property better than the Fort for getting a good outdoor run in (and in the middle of a winter further north is glorious). I think they are banking on this being more than just a “value” (although for those of us who want to consistently be guaranteed availability at the cabins, it is a value over cash stays). I want to be able to stay there when I want to stay there as long as I want to stay there (without walking or a split stay or stress). My family loves having the car right outside. The point count for the amount of space we get is good. We always have our service dog, but we can take our other dog (when we get them, just lost our 14 year old), and honestly that is good for DH who doesn’t really love going to the parks that much. And, honestly, emotionally, this is my oldest daughter’s “home” resort because this is where we stayed when she is little (my younger’ a home resort is the Poly — and I have contracts with the Poly, AK, and now FW).

We are staying there this fall for halloween. We are going to ride around with a golf cart and look at the decorations (and go to a campfire and go ride the boat to the MK).

YMMV, but this all seems magical to me.

I've never stayed at Fort Wilderness. But if I did and loved it and wanted to stay often...I could definitely see myself buying there. It's just like any other DVC to me...buy where you want to stay. Yes, dues are high. But the points chart is low so you don't need as many points as other resorts so it balances out, in a way.

Is Fort Wilderness going to be a place everyone likes? No. But the same can be said for pretty much all the DVC resorts. Different people like different things. And not everyone vacations in the same way. Some like fancy restaurants and spas and some like outdoor activities and more 'rustic' activities.

I bought here. I am a runner, and there is no place on property better than the Fort for getting a good outdoor run in (and in the middle of a winter further north is glorious). I think they are banking on this being more than just a “value” (although for those of us who want to consistently be guaranteed availability at the cabins, it is a value over cash stays). I want to be able to stay there when I want to stay there as long as I want to stay there (without walking or a split stay or stress). My family loves having the car right outside. The point count for the amount of space we get is good. We always have our service dog, but we can take our other dog (when we get them, just lost our 14 year old), and honestly that is good for DH who doesn’t really love going to the parks that much. And, honestly, emotionally, this is my oldest daughter’s “home” resort because this is where we stayed when she is little (my younger’ a home resort is the Poly — and I have contracts with the Poly, AK, and now FW).

We are staying there this fall for halloween. We are going to ride around with a golf cart and look at the decorations (and go to a campfire and go ride the boat to the MK).

YMMV, but this all seems magical to me.

That all sounds great, but what is the advantage over cash stays at the cabins? All of these highlights existed without annual dues and 225 per point. I don’t think many are saying “the cabins aren’t great”, it’s more, “why buy the cabins as DVC?” The only part of your answer that I see that applies to that is guaranteed week, and that makes sense to me. It’s still an odd choice of product to go DVC outside of that niche, IMO.

That all sounds great, but what is the advantage over cash stays at the cabins? All of these highlights existed without annual dues and 225 per point. I don’t think many are saying “the cabins aren’t great”, it’s more, “why buy the cabins as DVC?” The only part of your answer that I see that applies to that is guaranteed week, and that makes sense to me. It’s still an odd choice of product to go DVC outside of that niche, IMO.
Eventually all the cabins will be DVC, meaning that the dues-paying DVC owners, not Disney Parks and Resorts, will be financially responsible for maintaining, operating, and replacing them, whether they stay there or not. And cash guests will still be able to book them, at whatever price Disney wants to charge.

For someone who wants to stay there every year or two (and there are guests who do), buying into CFW and paying those MFs might be less expensive than paying whatever the cash price is (just as with any DVC resort).

From what I'm reading, it looks like the new cabins are justifying an increase in cash cost for bookings, so the DVC versus cash cost comparison now does benefit the DVC owner. Now, for how long with those high MFs, IDK, but right now they've tweaked cash costs to have it make sense if you want to own/stay CFW regularly. I do also think CFW will be added to Reflections 2.0 with plussed-up amenities/pools at some point, so then buying into the cabins may look like a genius move in a few years and would (partly) explain the very dismal sale promotions. This is just speculation on my part, but I think it makes sense.

• Tuesday, March 19: All DVC owners can make cash reservations online or by calling Member Services.
Does that only include direct members? Or can resale members book cash stays on this day?
Where did you find this information? I was seeing March 12 new DVC cabin owners can book and all other DVC owners not until end of April. A friend of mine wants to book, they are existing DVC, and I want to tell her when it’s available.

Where did you find this information? I was seeing March 12 new DVC cabin owners can book and all other DVC owners not until end of April. A friend of mine wants to book, they are existing DVC, and I want to tell her when it’s available.
The 19th is for members to make cash reservations....point reservations are April 23rd.

I believe it's been established a few times that owning still provides a savings over paying cash rates just like other DVC's. Even discounted cash rates.

From what I'm reading, it looks like the new cabins are justifying an increase in cash cost for bookings, so the DVC versus cash cost comparison now does benefit the DVC owner. Now, for how long with those high MFs, IDK, but right now they've tweaked cash costs to have it make sense if you want to own/stay CFW regularly. I do also think CFW will be added to Reflections 2.0 with plussed-up amenities/pools at some point, so then buying into the cabins may look like a genius move in a few years and would (partly) explain the very dismal sale promotions. This is just speculation on my part, but I think it makes sense.

I keep seeing people say Reflections but I have no idea what they are talking about. Cliffs notes on that or a link to explain? thanks.

Count on cash stays being more than they are currently, especially because as DVC, the cabins are now considered a deluxe resort, not a moderate. I think this will definitely be an advantage over cash stays for people who own. And I do think there will be more to come in the future, a River Country Lodge/Reflections. CFW owners may have the last laugh in a few years!

I believe it's been established a few times that owning still provides a savings over paying cash rates just like other DVC's. Even discounted cash rates.

I do remember that being discussed earlier in the thread, but the savings weren’t as considerable as other properties. Like another poster said, it is likely the cash rates will go up, but then I question the circular logic of buying. A product doesn’t become a good deal because the cash price was artificially increased to make the DVC buy-in appealing.

Eventually all the cabins will be DVC, meaning that the dues-paying DVC owners, not Disney Parks and Resorts, will be financially responsible for maintaining, operating, and replacing them, whether they stay there or not.
Are all the cabins going to be DVC? For some reason, I thought they were all going to be redone but some never would be part of DVC.

We have no desire to stay there either way but it’s unfortunate for people who love FW and who will now have to pay more to stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter