Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

Understand the site unseen. Guess I'm used to that because DW and I bought all of our direct contracts before the resorts opened and in some cases there were ever available.

CFW is different though. They sold the first points sometime in early February. My understanding... the very first cabin wall didn't go up until last week. (Permits showed up on the county website last Wednesday or Thursday for this work to begin). Not sure why, until I saw these pictures I thought the cabins were built offsite and moved in place (like a house can be moved).
I understand what you're saying. I'm just saying that the cabin construction actually "began" months and months ago with designing and pre-ordering the kits, pre-fabrication of the composite floor, wall, and roof panels, and shipping them to the site for final assembly. The only real difference being that the VDH tower was constructed in its entirety right on site in full view of everyone. Once you get past the "where" part, everything else is pretty much the same, with the first points being sold about 4 months prior to the "opening" of the resort (the first actual night you can book).

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying. I'm just saying that the cabin construction actually "began" months and months ago with designing and pre-ordering the kits, pre-fabrication of the composite floor, wall, and roof panels, and shipping them to the site for final assembly. The only real difference being that the VDH tower was constructed in its entirety right on site in full view of everyone. Once you get past the "where" part, everything else is pretty much the same, with the first points being sold about 4 months prior to the "opening" of the resort (the first actual night you can book).
Thanks for explaining it. Now I understand what you are saying.

Are there any reports indicating if many people are buying favorite weeks during Halloween-Christmas weeks?

That last PDF confirms this is loop 2500 next to the quiet pool.

Cabins are under construction at FW - being built from the ground up, although with prefab pieces. Looks like the first ones might be models, based on their location, but work is also underway in the first real loop.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...done-for-new-dvc-cabins.3929532/post-65407794

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...done-for-new-dvc-cabins.3929532/post-65412366

My memory ain't what it used to be but now that we've initially seen the declaration for Loop 2300 and the quiet pool (in the 1st declaration several weeks ago) and now loop 2500 (in this most recent declaration), I admit I can't recall seeing a declaration for the 2 cabins in Loop 100 that the thread above refers to with pics.

Did I miss it? Have the cabins in Loop 100 been declared into the trust?

If not, does that mean they weren't declared "On Purpose" and thus can be used (and owned) by DVC itself as sales models or for "cash only" reservations?

There were 5 "Phases" listed in this most recent declaration all of which were sub-parts of 2500 (phases 2A, 2B, 13A, 13B, 21A). And each of the remaining loops contain anywhere from 6 to 9 phases per loop. Does that mean we might soon see a loop with 6 phases only declare 5 of them in the future, perhaps, but still convert the missing phase? The 5 phases would be declared and the 6th would not perhaps instead to be added to the cash inventory to keep a ratio range of cash cabins as a percentage of converted cabins within some pre-determined space?

If Loop 100 cabins have not been declared, (and I admit I may have missed the announcement), that means members can not book stays there with points (yet), right, unless they were declared?

Bama Ed

If not, does that mean they weren't declared "On Purpose" and thus can be used (and owned) by DVC itself as sales models or for "cash only" reservations?
That would be my belief - and would make sense to me, to keep cabins in that location dedicated to sales, at least until CFW is sold out. And if River Country Lodge comes to be, Loop 100 would be a great location to sell those villas, too!

My memory ain't what it used to be but now that we've initially seen the declaration for Loop 2300 and the quiet pool (in the 1st declaration several weeks ago) and now loop 2500 (in this most recent declaration), I admit I can't recall seeing a declaration for the 2 cabins in Loop 100 that the thread above refers to with pics.

Did I miss it? Have the cabins in Loop 100 been declared into the trust?

There were 5 "Phases" listed in this most recent declaration all of which were sub-parts of 2500 (phases 2A, 2B, 13A, 13B, 21A). And each of the remaining loops contain anywhere from 6 to 9 phases per loop. Does that mean we might soon see a loop with 6 phases only declare 5 of them in the future, perhaps, but still convert the missing phase? The 5 phases would be declared and the 6th would not perhaps instead to be added to the cash inventory to keep a ratio range of cash cabins as a percentage of converted cabins within some pre-determined space?

If Loop 100 cabins have not been declared, (and I admit I may have missed the announcement), that means members can not book stays there with points (yet), right, unless they were declared?

Bama Ed
Just remember that DVD remains owner of all the cabins.

The declarations make the available to sell RTU only.

Even at the current resorts, DVD gets to keep rooms, even declared, for use for marketing. So, they could end up declaring those to sell the points but keep them for sales models.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter