Cabins for 5?

princessmommyx3

DIS Veteran
Do any RCL experts out there know if there are cabins that sleep 5 people? I know we could get 2 rooms but our kids are still young and we love the one bedroom suites on the DCL Magic & Wonder. Is there something comparable on RCL ships?

I have tried searching online & can't find any info. The RCL site says that even the Royal Suites only sleep 4 which I find hard to believe considering it is over 1,000 SF. Does anyone know if any of the suites sleep at least 5?

To answer you question Yes and No. just depends on the ship. In all fairness most of the ships have a family suite that can sleep up to 6 people.

Yes they do! As posted above it does depend on which ship you are considering. Any cabin that is listed as a Family stateroom will sleep up to six. They have inside, ocean view, balcony and suites that will sleep a larger family!

Thank you! That is great news! It is really frustrating me that the website does not really communicate this information. It will not allow me to choose more than 4 people to price a cruise, and it specifically says that the room capacity is 4 people. This makes it really hard to plan a cruise!

With a family of 5 you should really consider doing 2 connecting rooms instead of one of the family rooms. You will have much more room and will be more comfortable. I have clients that sail Royal often with a family of 5 and after their first cruise in a Family Oceanview stateroom they opted for 2 connecting rooms for subsequent cruises and are much happier.

Royal is addressing the issue of accommodating larger families with the new Quantum of the Seas by offering more options.

We actually prefer to stay in a suite (vs. 2 connecting rooms) because we have grown accustomed to the perks (we have always sailed concierge on DCL) like priority boarding/tendering, full room service menu, etc.

Unfortunately when I try to price a suite on the RCI website, it always tells me that the max occupancy is 4 so I am having a hard time trying to determine which suites will accommodate 5 and what the price would be.

The family staterooms on the promenade are HUGE. They have a bathroom with a bathtub, bunk beds in their own space with a curtain that pulls across to close, a large seating area (this is where sofa bed is) and a big walk in closet. I think there's a curtain that pulls across to separate the sofa bed space from the main bed space and the tv can be angled toward either side.

If I were in your shoes, I would probably call. Seems easier. RCCL is, sadly, doing major work on their website (hmm, sounds like Disney), and it's hard to rely on right now (just like Disney's site).

Do any RCL experts out there know if there are cabins that sleep 5 people? I know we could get 2 rooms but our kids are still young and we love the one bedroom suites on the DCL Magic & Wonder. Is there something comparable on RCL ships?

We just went on the Oasis last April. The room could have easily slept 3 kids. We had a king bed, and the bunk bed was a sofabed pulled out to a double on the bottom with a twin on top. I could dig out our room number if you needed - but it was one of the few "quads." Believe it or not, the ship is mainly for doubles/couples.

HTH

The rooms will say there is a max occupancy of 6, but you can only book up to 4 on the website. You have to call to book rooms for 5 or 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter