Cabins versus Camper rental

DenGrampy

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone on here has done the RV rentals for Fort Wilderness. Does the price for rental of the units include site rental or is that separate? And is it less than renting a cabin?

I have not done the rentals, but the RV rental does NOT include the Site rental. That is separate.

I don't know what the RV rentals cost. I have heard numbers like $900 a week. That said, that's about $130/day plus about $75/day for a site, that's about $205 (ish) for a campsite and RV rental. Most cabins, I think tend to run upwards of $300, so as Denise said, it still could be cheaper then the cabins. Of course this is "Promotions" notwithstanding.

Either way, the Fort is awesome. Whatever you decide, I hope you have a great trip.

You will need to book your dates at the Fort and then book the trailer. Or at least see if the trailer or RV you want is available. There are ALOT of options as far as rentals. Everything from the normal camping world ones you can pick up to the "official" RV Rentals that deliver and set up for you. Also alot of price points too.

Also look for the thread from Corgidad and he will send you a name os a personal person who rents a 5th wheel thats nice and less than a year old.

Most offer various packages with golf carts too. But first thing you need to know is your dates and have a reservation at FW.

We were planning to rent an RV for about 1300 for the week with fees and tax. Our cost for the site was close to 700. The RV was new and pretty large. However, free dining came out, and we got the meals included for one night less and close to the same price. Since we were planning to purchase the meal plan anyway, it was a no brainer to switch to the cabin. It will be our first experience at the fort.

I've been quoted between $984 and $1155 for a 10 day rental in July. One of the quotes is a camper that sleeps 7 and the other sleeps 8. There are only 4 of us so it works perfectly. We've booked a full hookup site to go with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter