Cabo port adventures: Polaris Jeep or Camel Riding?

slg

DIS Veteran
Any insights on these? We love Mexican food….how is the food on these adventures? If anyone can do a mini review on either I would greatly appreciate it?

To get the ball rolling…

Haven’t done either one and usually don’t do food-focused or included activities. One time food was included in Puerto Vallarta; nothing to remember.

(I also think most included cruise food is just meh - but I am not a foodie. i think it comes with eating where they are trying to provide lots of food to a large crowd. But specialty venues, like Palo, do a nice job.)

I would be focusing on the main activity - the camel riding. Is that something that appeals to you?

TripAdvisor reviews of a camel experience are impressive. Lots of reviews with 5-stars.

IMG_4342.png

If food is your focus, look for a well-reviewed restaurant to add to a stand-alone activity - or in lieu of.

My adult daughter and I did the Camel and Mexican Outback Adventure, and it was the best shore excursion we've ever done on any cruise. I kept a journal on that cruise (it was Panama Canal), and here's what I wrote:

Camel Day was great! That was probably the most well-organized excursion we've ever been on. Nice, cool bus to take us out to a ranch in the desert beside the ocean (quite a juxtaposition). We had a very knowledgeable guide named David who told us about flora and fauna, including how to get water from two kinds of cactus without tools, and medicinal properties of various plants (He knew the chemical composition of aspirin). He took us on a short nature stroll. By this time we had switched from the bus to a 10-passenger open-sided vehicle with no shocks whatsoever. Bumpiest ride in North America.

Next: the camels! We rode a dromedary (one hump) with a name that sounded like Check-ta. The guide (camel walker) said our camel was an alpha male with an attitude. These camels are bred on the King Ranch. Our 15-minute ride took us down a desert path to a stretch of sandy beach and back. The ride was bumpy and sway-y, but so much fun--a trip highlight for sure.

Next up was a short (bumpy) ride to a thatch-roofed pavilion where we had a delicious lunch of chicken molé, beans, rice, salsa, stew, prickly pear salad, and a hand-made tortilla--all very good. An even bumpier ride took us back to our nice, cool bus for the ride back to Cabo. The vehicle barely made it back to the bus. It stalled out at one point, and we thought we might have to get out and push.

We got back to the pier after 1:00, and the last tender was at 1:30, so we filled up our Cabo time nicely.
[end of journal entry]

This trip was ten years ago, so things might have changed, but as you can see, I highly recommend that excursion. Every part of it happened right on time, and it was 100 percent fun. It was operated by Aventuras y Expedicions de Los Cabos. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter