Cabo San Lucas

Searc

DIS Veteran
I'm ready to talk about something else today and look forward a bit, towards when we can travel again. :magnify: :moped:8-)

DH and I have finally pinned down when we're going to Hawaii, so we've decided to book our Mexico trip we had to put off because of Covid-19.

We've decided on Cabo San Lucas for this December and I'm looking for information or advice from anyone that has traveled there. We have traveled to Mexico 4-5 times, but always in the Cancun/Cozumel area, never the Baja region.

Any info would be appreciated!

Wales is nice.😉😂
:laughing:Funny you should say so - don’t rub it in. We should have been leaving next week for London and a two week cruise around the British Isles (including Wales!). Two years worth of saving, planning and dreaming for our big 25th Anniversary trip went down the tube so we grabbed a quick last-minute package to an AI in Puerto Vallarta instead in early March. It didn’t really compare...:(

I'm ready to talk about something else today and look forward a bit, towards when we can travel again. :magnify: :moped:8-)

DH and I have finally pinned down when we're going to Hawaii, so we've decided to book our Mexico trip we had to put off because of Covid-19.

We've decided on Cabo San Lucas for this December and I'm looking for information or advice from anyone that has traveled there. We have traveled to Mexico 4-5 times, but always in the Cancun/Cozumel area, never the Baja region.

We stopped there last year on The Disney Panama Canal Cruise, it was beautiful.
We took a luxury sailboat day cruise, top notch service with lunch, snacks and drinks included.
We went around the water and stopped at a couple spots where you could get off the boat and snorkel or just swim.
Water was chilly, hubby braved the water, I chickened out.
There was a beautiful brand new resort that just opened we were in front, it looked amazing.
I can't remember the name of it, but someday we will go back there for a few days.

Have fun.

Mexico is nice and all, but wouldnt you rather spend your money in the states right now? I hear the Florida beaches are opening. Oh, that's a different thread.

I love Baja but have actually never stayed any farther south than La Paz. That said, do know that December is peak season down there, especially as you get closer to the holidays. Hotel prices can be near double (although this year to recover from Covid maybe they’ll have good deals). In December some humpback whales should be starting to show up also, the later in the month, the better the chances.

:laughing:Funny you should say so - don’t rub it in. We should have been leaving next week for London and a two week cruise around the British Isles (including Wales!). Two years worth of saving, planning and dreaming for our big 25th Anniversary trip went down the tube so we grabbed a quick last-minute package to an AI in Puerto Vallarta instead in early March. It didn’t really compare...:(
At least you had a getaway. :) We've had to cancel our last two booked and paid for vacations for personal reasons, so we're a bit behind on our usual getaways. :( One was a cruise to Cuba. :(

Mexico is nice and all, but wouldnt you rather spend your money in the states right now? I hear the Florida beaches are opening. Oh, that's a different thread.
Hawaii is getting plenty of money from us next year. We're going to Mexico, since nothing in the States offers anything close to what they offer.

We stopped there last year on The Disney Panama Canal Cruise, it was beautiful.
We took a luxury sailboat day cruise, top notch service with lunch, snacks and drinks included.
We went around the water and stopped at a couple spots where you could get off the boat and snorkel or just swim.
Water was chilly, hubby braved the water, I chickened out.
There was a beautiful brand new resort that just opened we were in front, it looked amazing.
I can't remember the name of it, but someday we will go back there for a few days.

Have fun.
What time of year did you visit? We're mostly pool people, but may choose one of the few resorts that has a swimmable beach.

I love Baja but have actually never stayed any farther south than La Paz. That said, do know that December is peak season down there, especially as you get closer to the holidays. Hotel prices can be near double (although this year to recover from Covid maybe they’ll have good deals). In December some humpback whales should be starting to show up also, the later in the month, the better the chances.
We're looking at the first week of December, to stay away from the holidays. :)

We have stopped in Cabo on a couple of cruises and had a great time. We did the snorkel and sail twice and loved it each time. Make sure to keep a look out for Pancho the sea lion. We saw him on our last trip and he is HUGE!!

What time of year did you visit? We're mostly pool people, but may choose one of the few resorts that has a swimmable beach.

I'd say choose the resort and pool you want first and foremost. The swimmable beach would be a bonus but not nearly as important. Unless you're the heartiest of the hearty, the surf temp in December will be in the upper 60's, which for me isn't something I'd do without a wetsuit. Also currents can be pretty dangerous (hence the shortage of hotels that have swimmable beaches).

We love Cabo and are scheduled to go in October. We have a timeshare and stay there, We either go to Cabo or puerto Valletta for a week every Oct. The beach at Cabo is a little iffy with a huge undertow so you need to be careful where you stay. We are more pool people rather than the beach so it doesn’t matter to us, the thing sbout Cabo is that it has very little old Mexico charm left unlike puerto valletta. But there are some lovely restaurants The office is a restaurant right on the beach, fun place with live music. Another restaurant, Romeo and Juliet, is also pretty with good food. And there are the drinking joints like Cabo Wabo Or Senor Frog.

It’s a long drive from the San Jose airport so you can either rent a car or hire a taxi. Depending on where you stay the hotel might also arrange transport for you, usually for about $20 to $25 a person.

there are lots of outdoor activities, like parasailing, zip lining, snorkling off the Arco (arch), sport fishing, Swimming With dolphins (kind of pricey) and numerous sunset cruises. San Jose, where the airport is, is still a lovely old Mexican Village in the old town area. There is a beautiful square and church, or you can drive to Todos Santos a small village about 45 minutes away with numerous art galleries And shops and the hotel and restaurant called Hotel California after the Eagles song.

We love Cabo and are scheduled to go in October. We have a timeshare and stay there, We either go to Cabo or puerto Valletta for a week every Oct. The beach at Cabo is a little iffy with a huge undertow so you need to be careful where you stay. We are more pool people rather than the beach so it doesn’t matter to us, the thing sbout Cabo is that it has very little old Mexico charm left unlike puerto valletta. But there are some lovely restaurants The office is a restaurant right on the beach, fun place with live music. Another restaurant, Romeo and Juliet, is also pretty with good food. And there are the drinking joints like Cabo Wabo Or Senor Frog.

It’s a long drive from the San Jose airport so you can either rent a car or hire a taxi. Depending on where you stay the hotel might also arrange transport for you, usually for about $20 to $25 a person.

there are lots of outdoor activities, like parasailing, zip lining, snorkling off the Arco (arch), sport fishing, Swimming With dolphins (kind of pricey) and numerous sunset cruises. San Jose, where the airport is, is still a lovely old Mexican Village in the old town area. There is a beautiful square and church, or you can drive to Todos Santos a small village about 45 minutes away with numerous art galleries And shops and the hotel and restaurant called Hotel California after the Eagles song.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter