Caitlyn Jenner

The point is that he is still a man, even if he thinks he is not.

So if you knew someone who felt like a woman, physically looked like a woman with breasts and female genitalia, lived as a woman, you'd call her "he", or by her male name because she had been born with male DNA?

No, that she thinks she's lived a long life and knows everything and will make sure to let us all know how wrong everyone is that doesn't share her viewpoints. I have one of them in my house.
Me, too, which is why I laugh about that posters attitude. I live with it every day.

Me, too, which is why I laugh about that posters attitude. I live with it every day.

I have the same attitude as the poster you find offensive. And, I'm well into my 50's. I think to refer to her as a "he" (deliberately) is rude and uninformed. I have a dear friend who's son is transgender. It has opened my eyes to the absolute torture these people live, especially when people can't or won't be accepting of their truth.

Well, if he were the father of six children, it sure would be hard to call him female.

If it isn't hard for the person themselves, why would it be hard for you?
I get that you would have a hard time with it, but out of respect for the transgender person you wouldn't refer to them as a female if you were speaking to them?

If it isn't hard for the person themselves, why would it be hard for you?
I get that you would have a hard time with it, but out of respect for the transgender person you wouldn't refer to them as a female if you were speaking to them?

If I knew the person to be male and father of six, and then they changed their body to reflect a woman, logic and nature tells me they are still a man. But, if they asked me to refer to them as a female, I would, and respectfully.

'Real life' is when you have to wake up and realise that the world is full of diversity and you can't go around pretending it doesn't exist. For MANY individuals, use of the incorrect pronoun can be traumatizing due to longtime gender dysphoria. This is psychology. This is proven by science.

I'm in college. My college has a gender studies program. There are people with doctorate degrees teaching seminars on these theories and practices based on the experiences and recommendations of actual trans* people. It's not just me. This isn't an opinion.

ETA: For you to be so condescending about my age says a lot about YOUR maturity level.

You have to understand something, not everyone is going to agree with you. Maybe someday, maybe not ever. That's really not important.

FWIW a perfect example of change is Chaz Bono was not accepted right away by Cher as a male and that's his mother. So maybe ease up a little ?

I think everyone should ease up a little. This thread has taken a bad turn.

I wish Caitlyn the best. I'm so happy she finally can be who she was meant to be.

Even then, he will still be a he. Chop off whatever you like, but that won't change your DNA! FWIW, I think he looks utterly ridiculous.
Actually DNA is a funny thing. There are men who have extra female chromosomes (look up Klinefelter Syndrome) and women who have male chromosomes but appear to be women. So a person's DNA is not the sole determination of their gender. Gender is a social construct not a biological one.

You have to understand something, not everyone is going to agree with you. Maybe someday, maybe not ever. That's really not important.

FWIW a perfect example of change is Chaz Bono was not accepted right away by Cher as a male and that's his mother. So maybe ease up a little ?
No but it doesn't mean that people should stop trying to educate people. I think even Cher would agree to that.

I hope every single person who has made ignorant and/or transphobic comments will eventually have to interact with a trans* person in their daily lives. Maybe then you'll understand why these basic principles of gender identity vs. biological characteristics/correct pronouns/basic common sense and courtesy are so important. What I'm saying here is not my opinion AT ALL. It is FACT. It is essential. It is confirmed by experts in the field of gender studies, psychology, and social justice. Those who stand around and say the things I've seen in this thread, to me, are like people staring at a blue sky screaming that it's purple. I do not know of any analogy I could make that would make you all understand the hurt that these misstatements cause. Until you have to see someone go through it who is close to you, you will never understand.

I'm glad the new DIS has an 'ignore' feature.

I have the same attitude as the poster you find offensive. And, I'm well into my 50's. I think to refer to her as a "he" (deliberately) is rude and uninformed. I have a dear friend who's son is transgender. It has opened my eyes to the absolute torture these people live, especially when people can't or won't be accepting of their truth.

If Caitlyn/Bruce believes he's a woman despite evidence to the contrary, and I disagree, that doesn't make me uninformed.

Do I believe a person born male can be "hard wired in the brain" from birth to identify as female? Of course. Does that make it so? In my mind, no.

Will I make it my life's mission to "correct" these people? No. But, if you want my opinion, I'll share it. And I really don't care if it's not PC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter