Cake Bake Shop at the BoardWalk opening in 2024

Does anyone know when this will be opening? We are staying at the BWV for the 1st time since we became members 2 years ago in August this year.

Does anyone know when this will be opening? We are staying at the BWV for the 1st time since we became members 2 years ago in August this year.
The most recent announcement was only “in 2024,” nothing more specific, so keep an eye on this thread for updates!

I wouldn't count on it being open and being pleasantly surprised if it was.

Disney has developed a habit of extreme slow walking projects. People have given up that they will do anything according to their time frame. Space 220 was to open in 2019. It finally got there in 2021 after several pushbacks. Rides take forever. Restaurants take little short of retirement age. As long as you keep that in mind you're going to have a good trip and work around them not being open.

I personally think this will be a great fit for the Boardwalk area. Nice to see unique things pop up. So tired of franchise food. My wife years ago wanted to try the tea service at the GF and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the CBS to open even though I know it wont be when I go to the BC in May.

Saturday morning, 2/24/2024.
Not much change since late January:

Attachments

• IMG_2564.jpeg
    IMG_2564.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2566.jpeg
    IMG_2566.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2567.jpeg
    IMG_2567.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2568.jpeg
    IMG_2568.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2569.jpeg
    IMG_2569.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 15
Maybe this has been mentioned but the Carmel,IN location (the 2nd location and the only one I’ve been to so far) has both a sit down side and a “quick service” side where you can get slices of cake, cookies, espresso drinks and purchase merchandise without a reservation. Hopefully this operates similarly so lots of people can enjoy. I have done both sit down & on the go purchases at this location and both experiences have been wonderful! Excited to have a familiar place from home when we visit our home away from home!
Yes, from what I have heard the roundish section will be the restaurant part with tables, and the squarish section where it attaches to the main building will house the counter to walk in and buy treats.

I just can't get excited about this place. It seems too "frou frou" for the Boardwalk area. Seems more of a GF vibe. GF could use a place to serve good pastry, afternoon tea sandwiches, etc. It doesn't seem to fill any real need in the area. The area needs a full QS with some late-night hours. Are there throngs of people who want expensive cake, salads, and pastry-centric sandwiches? It's already a stone's throw from the French bakery in WS which has a plethora of pastry and breads. Riviera baked goods and such are a quick skyliner ride away. DS has Gideon's and Amorette's to name a few. Disney parks are loaded with sweet treats both everyday and seasonal.

With afternoon tea at GF seemingly never returning, it will be nice to have a place on the Epcot side at least.

I agree that afternoon tea has a draw. I think many liked the experience of going to afternoon tea at the GF after visiting the BBB or listening to the GF live music. I just see the BW area as more casual. Street performers, corndogs, pizza, etc.

I just can't get excited about this place. It seems too "frou frou" for the Boardwalk area. Seems more of a GF vibe. GF could use a place to serve good pastry, afternoon tea sandwiches, etc. It doesn't seem to fill any real need in the area. The area needs a full QS with some late-night hours. Are there throngs of people who want expensive cake, salads, and pastry-centric sandwiches? It's already a stone's throw from the French bakery in WS which has a plethora of pastry and breads. Riviera baked goods and such are a quick skyliner ride away. DS has Gideon's and Amorette's to name a few. Disney parks are loaded with sweet treats both everyday and seasonal.
True, kind of an odd fit at BWI but I just can’t see where they could have put something this big at GF. It will be interesting to see if they manage to incorporate that throwback boardwalk aesthetic with the brand’s overall ostentatious vibe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter