• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cake Bake Shop at the BoardWalk opening in 2024

I rarely eat QS, which is what most of the food looks like to me. It looks like mostly sandwiches served in a little nicer setting. $20 for a chicken salad croissant with a small side salad, want fries with that? Add $5. And yes, you would pay $20 for a reuben at the Plaza, which I also probably wouldn't pay but at least that comes with fries.

To each his own? I'm looking forward to trying it at least once. After that I will be better able to determine if it's a place I will visit on a regular basis.

I live in the Indy area and have been to both Cake Bake locations here numerous times. We LOVE it. The atmosphere, the food, the drinks and the desserts. We have never been disappointed. Yes, it’s super pricey - probably more expensive than most in the area around here but we always take our out of town guests. The cake slices are huge, you can feed three people with them, and I think the cake is delicious. I am so excited that they are coming to the boardwalk as it should do very well at Disney!View attachment 752597View attachment 752598View attachment 752599View attachment 752600View attachment 752601View attachment 752602

Thanks for the review and the pictures. It looks really good to me; I hope it will be open when we go again in early 2024.

Around April of 2022 is when they announced the new location... but I "think" they only started on drawings at that point. And while some demolition was started late last year, the actual build-out permits weren't issued till March of this year. But construction material timelines for custom windows, doors, steel and special equipment is very long lead times... looks like they are pretty much waiting till they have a window for all those components.... Late 2023 or maybe early 2024.

I’m at BW too & have a similar view as @Minnie1222. Judging by what we saw in April & how it looks now, there’s no way this is done & open this year. There are no walls, the inside is nonexistant.

The Lake House they’re constructing at Disney Springs says opening this year too. Just saw it today…it doesn’t look much better.

The afternoon tea would be the only thing that interests me and only because GF still isn't doing theirs. Otherwise, nope, some of the sandwiches don't look bad but they better be served by a shirtless Chris Hemsworth for that price.
"served by a shirtless Chris Hemsworth" - how does that saying go, "from your mouth to God's ears?"...lol.

If only!

That...has a long way to go.

Still disappointed that BW/BC is not getting a decent QS.

I agree! While we enjoyed stayed at the Boardwalk Villas years ago the lack of a decent quick service prevented us from
Going back.

Except for construction at Universal, they are flying right along!

yes, we have always wondered why Disney construction seems to take so much longer, my friends who are annual pass holders and live down there say Disney pays so low, they lose contractors.

yes, we have always wondered why Disney construction seems to take so much longer, my friends who are annual pass holders and live down there say Disney pays so low, they lose contractors.
Or maybe it's more difficult for them to obtain certain building permits. I can't imagine anyone with a shred of business sense would let a prime piece of real estate stay inactive that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter