!! Cake decorators: Please Help Me! UPDATE: PIC OF CAKE ON POST #16

Actually, yours is cuter than the original. :thumbsup2

You mentioned your DD was helping. How much was she able to do? I'll bet she's quite proud of the mommy and me masterpiece.

Great job OP!

I love to bake and took a Wilton basic decorating class, I have to still take the flowers and gum paste and the fondant class, but it was so fun and oddly relaxing.

Actually, yours is cuter than the original. :thumbsup2

You mentioned your DD was helping. How much was she able to do? I'll bet she's quite proud of the mommy and me masterpiece.

Thank you! My dd made the little ponyo fish out of colored marzipan and placed them, and the rocks! The rocks are Duff Goldman's candy rocks.

Wow. Always amazed at the amount of work that goes into cakes. My mom used to just make a boxed cake & slap some canned frosting on it if I was lucky. My friend does these great cakes for her 4 kids too. I have no idea how she finds the time. She says she does it at 2am. :rotfl:

Wow. Always amazed at the amount of work that goes into cakes. My mom used to just make a boxed cake & slap some canned frosting on it if I was lucky. My friend does these great cakes for her 4 kids too. I have no idea how she finds the time. She says she does it at 2am. :rotfl:

Yep - she does them at 2 am. I have done amazing cakes for my kids, and I was overjoyed when the youngest agreed to cupcakes this year. His birthday is Nov. 24th, and with it falling ON Thanksgiving this year, I just didn't have a fabulous cake in me.

OP - you did a GREAT job!!!

Amazing Job OP.

Yours looked even BETTER than the one originally posted!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter