Cake from Erin McKenna's?

MeghanEmily

DIS Veteran
This might be a stretch, but has anyone got an experience with swapping their wedding cake out for a cake from Erin McKenna's Bakery? We were given that option because I have several allergies (including gluten) and I'd like to be able to eat my own wedding cake. I've had some of the other treats from the bakery and find them mostly quite good, with quality varying from one product to another. (Donuts = yum. Brownie cupcakes are pretty good too, etc.) I was given a list of flavors to chose from, and just wondered if anyone had good luck with any particular flavors there. We don't live in the States, let alone near one of the bakeries, so we can't test flavors out before the wedding or have anything shipped to try. We're not super picky, but I don't know if one is likely to be better or more moist than another, etc. I've only ever tried their french toastie cupcake, so I don't have much experience with their cakes. I thought that particular cupcake was ok for allergy food, with decent flavor, though a bit dry/firm. Anyone have any reviews?

This is the list of flavors they sent us:
  • The cake flavors include: Vanilla, Vanilla Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Sugar, Pumpkin, Carrot, and Banana. There is also a Chocolate flavor, made only with the agave nectar option. There is also a Red Velvet flavor for an upcharge.
  • The frosting flavors include: Vanilla, Chocolate, Mint, Mocha, Cinnamon, Lemon, and Maple.

I know of at least one bride who had her cake from Erin McKenna's (so that it was vegan and accommodating allergies), though I'm sorry I can't remember the flavor! I believe that EM is where Disney goes to for the allergy needs unless there's something there that they can't accommodate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter