Cali Grill brunch - impossible reservation?

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
I've heard people say this is one of the most difficult ADRs to get at WDW... how true is that? DH and I are really hoping to get a reservation but we are busy the first day of our booking window. I am beginning to think we may have to rethink!

You can book online starting at 6 AM Eastern, on the phone at 7.

You can check periodically to see if something becomes available.

You can set up a reservation finder at touringplans.com.

Only offered one day a week and only for a few hours, so yes I would say this is definitely one of the toughest ADRs. We lucked out using one of the reservation finders.

I have a reservation finder setup for a few weeks now and nothing yet. We have dinner scheduled at Cali that night so we might need to settle for that. Can anyone confirm that you can use two DDP credits for the brunch as a signature experience?

I have a reservation finder setup for a few weeks now and nothing yet. We have dinner scheduled at Cali that night so we might need to settle for that. Can anyone confirm that you can use two DDP credits for the brunch as a signature experience?
2 TS credits for the brunch as well as the dinner:).
Have patience with the touring plan reservation search and be ready to pounce when it comes. Hasn't failed me yet and I rarely have a hotel reservation until sometime after the ADR window opens.

I was unable to get California Grill brunch reservation when my 180+ window opened. I used the touring plan reservation finder tool to help me and I was finally able to get a reservation this past weekend for our August trip. It took 4 months of waiting and losing two finds because I wasn't fast enough to finally get it, but I was so excited once I snagged it! I would suggest having a plan B just in case brunch doesn't work out.

I would try and book when your window opens. It is a difficult reservation to get unless it's later in your trip. If you don't get it, sign up for a reservation finder it's how I've gotten it a few times. Since it's only available one day a week for a few hours it is difficult to book.

I was able to easily book it last week, but it was the first day my reservations window opened. I ate dinner there for the first time last month, it was excellent; I'm looking forward to trying brunch.

I was able to book ours at the 180 window it’s for our second day. Keep checking as it gets closer to your arrival and people are finalizing their plans.

In March I checked the day before and was able to book an ADR - what surprised me was that the place was half empty when we went???

In March I checked the day before and was able to book an ADR - what surprised me was that the place was half empty when we went???
I don't think they can set up the brunch to accommodate the entire amount of seating as they do at dinner. I've never seen the brunch seating full to capacity. Could be a labor and/or equipment issue.

I do know that last New Year's Eve fell on a Monday and no reservations were accepted for brunch the day before probably due to the fact that they needed a full contingent of staff and space adjustments for the special dinner experience the coming evening.

We did two last-minute trips and were able to get CG brunch reservations for both. The first was about three weeks out, I believe, and the second was at 10 days. We used touringplans reservation finder.

I've been checking on MDE and literally couldn't find anything between now and December. It won't ruin our holiday if we don't get it as I think with Disney you need to be quite flexible but if we are flying 4000 miles we would love to get it. I think I need to stick it up and pay for the touring plans membership...

We were able to book this last year at the 180 mark. It was our first ADR that we tried for as it is very limited. Short time frame and only once a week limits the amount of tables. I would set up a reservation finder and to keep checking for cancellations. You can also check out the cancellation thread on the Restaturant board. Sometimes you can coordinate with another Disboard member.

I've been checking on MDE and literally couldn't find anything between now and December. It won't ruin our holiday if we don't get it as I think with Disney you need to be quite flexible but if we are flying 4000 miles we would love to get it. I think I need to stick it up and pay for the touring plans membership...
You don't have to pay for the touringplans reservation finder. It's a free service - otherwise Disney would have shut it down by now.

I've had reservation finders set up since my 180 window for Nov 3rd. I did the brunch in Feb and absolutely LOVED it! I'm really hoping something opens up as I think it will be perfect for after the Wine & Dine half marathon I'm running that morning. Guilt-free bottomless mimosas! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter