• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cali Grill Brunch with DxDDP

ChasingMagic

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

I wonder if you can help me with a query, we are going to WDW in August and can't wait to go to the Californian Grill for brunch! I know that when using the DDP you usually get a drink included alongside your food. I also realise that the brunch comes with mimosas or a non-alcoholic choice. However would you be entitled to another drink off the menu, for example coffee or a blood mary, when using the DDP?

Thanks for all your help

The coffee and mimosas are part of the meal so you can get both of those. I don't believe the Dining Plan will cover the Bloody Marys though.

You can either have one cocktail OR the unlimited Mimosas. Not both. The coffee would be included either way.

Unless they have changed the terms in the last few months a DDDxP guest can have one Bloody Mary to start followed by unlimited mimosas. However if they opt to have continuous Bloody Marys they will pay for all but the first one.

That was absolutely NOT our experience about 9 months ago. We asked the exact question as husband wanted a Bloody Mary. She said that we would not b able to do unlimited mimosas if we ordered the Bloody Mary as our drink on the dining plan.

If that has changed recently, I’ll be thrilled!

In October we were able to get a cocktail and unlimited mimosas. We don’t care for bloody Mary’s but I think the waiter said we could have one (not unlimited). My dad also had coffee with the desserts. All including in the regular ddp.

When I went in May we used the dining plan and got the unlimited Mimosas and we were entitled to another drink as well, so we got the Bloody Mary bar.

We went 2 weeks in a row in April - week 1 we were actively envouraged by our server that our DDP included unlimited mimosas and also an extra drink such as the bloody mary bar. It was fully his suggestion and he took us up to the bar and got us sorted for our bloody mary along with most other people in his section. He was always round refilling mimosas too.
The next week we had a very different server who told us we have to have either unlimited or the bloody mary - he wouldnt even allow me to order one as an extra and pay OOP , we mentioned it was different to our previous visit a week ago and he then came back and said we could have both on our DDP. I think the servers must have some discretion as it seems completely different dependent on who you get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter