Cali Grill Lounge

kgluesing

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I will be returning to the magic in less than a week! Last I went (December 2022) I was able to sit at the lounge in Cali grill and order the short rib wontons. Does anyone know if this is still possible to do? I know there was a recent menu change at the end of the 50th. Thank you!

There really is no lounge any more. What used to be the lounge is now tables. There are a FEW seats at the bar that are FCFS, but you can order anything there including a full meal.

The wontons will be available on the Lounge menu, they are still on the new Prix Fixe menu. There is a lot of overlap between the Lpunge menu and the "Market Inspirations" first course of the Prix Fixe since that's what they are prepped for.

There really is no lounge any more. What used to be the lounge is now tables. There are a FEW seats at the bar that are FCFS, but you can order anything there including a full meal.

But that was already the case when the OP went in December, and really has been since reopening post-shutdown.

Yes we will try to arrive when they open to get one of the few bars seats available. Thank you! :)

The wontons will be available on the Lounge menu, they are still on the new Prix Fixe menu. There is a lot of overlap between the Lpunge menu and the "Market Inspirations" first course of the Prix Fixe since that's what they are prepped for.

But that was already the case when the OP went in December, and really has been since reopening post-shutdown.
Thank you very much for the confirmation! :)

Hi all! I will be returning to the magic in less than a week! Last I went (December 2022) I was able to sit at the lounge in Cali grill and order the short rib wontons. Does anyone know if this is still possible to do? I know there was a recent menu change at the end of the 50th. Thank you!
Yes. I was able to get in (solo, but there was tons of available seating at the bar) on May 2 at 6 pm and had the wontons and a glass of wine. I initially did the “join the list” thing for a table, but when they called me, I requested the bar since I just wanted wontons. Especially midweek right now, you should have no issues.

Yes. I was able to get in (solo, but there was tons of available seating at the bar) on May 2 at 6 pm and had the wontons and a glass of wine. I initially did the “join the list” thing for a table, but when they called me, I requested the bar since I just wanted wontons. Especially midweek right now, you should have no issues.
Great news!! Thank you for your response :)

Just be aware that while there is seating at the bar, the pricing is not set up to be anything but prix fixe. Not sure if they will allow you to share one prix fixe between multiple people at the bar. At $90 + tax, tip and beverages, I would prefer to get an ADR and get a table.
The poster 2 above you said they had the wonton appetizer and a glass of wine.

That’s good to hear! They had some weird stuff going on when they first put out the anniversary menu.

T
Just be aware that while there is seating at the bar, the pricing is not set up to be anything but prix fixe. Not sure if they will allow you to share one prix fixe between multiple people at the bar. At $90 + tax, tip and beverages, I would prefer to get an ADR and get a table.
To be specific, I ordered a sushi item, wontons, and a glass of wine (it was a certain wine I was after that is not offered by the glass many places).

There was no pressure to order prix fixe.

T

To be specific, I ordered a sushi item, wontons, and a glass of wine (it was a certain wine I was after that is not offered by the glass many places).

There was no pressure to order prix fixe.
I will edit my post so I don’t confuse anyone!

We are specifically hoping to order the shrimp tempura roll that was always so fantastic at the California grill. Does anyone know if they are still serving that at the bar? I understand it may be difficult to get seating at the bar and it’s first come, first serve but we are willing to try if we can get that appetizer!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter