Cali grill & Sanaa dress code

CyndiLouWho

DIS Veteran
Any recommendations for appropriate dress? We've never been to either of these restaurants. I understand California Grill is upscale, and nicer attire expected. Are shorts with a button down shirt for men ok? Gym shoes? (I don't think DS owns anything else). Is the same expected at Sanaa or is it more casual? For women, are crop pants ok with a blouse?

You'll get many opinions/responses on the topic.

At Cali Grill you will see a little bit of everything - from jackets and nice dresses to theme park attire. The “average” is generally resort casual - collared shirts with pants or shorts, a nice top or dress, but you really do see it all.

Personally I wear shorts and a collared shirt (eg, a golf shirt or button down, either tucked or untucked depending on style) and usually a nicer pair of athletic shoes (meaning, clean, non-stained) or (gasp!) dressy sandals. If I've had enough room in my luggage I may bring dressy loafers, but if I'm maxed on space those are the first to go and we're often either heading from or to a park so anything but athletic shoes just isn't all that practical, in my opinion.

Enjoy your meal!

I wear whatever I wore to the park. I rarely wear shorts and a Tshirt to the parks though. It's either a sundress or a skort and top of some sort. My son wore shorts and a button down shirt and tennis shoes. Again what he wears to the parks most of the time. Both times we went back to the resort to rest so we were wearing "fresher" clothes but we had been in the parks before we went to both restaurants.

We wear pants and collared shirt / or suit jacket with no tie to California grill. 7pm reservations and on with a nice dress

Never been to Sanaa

Last edited:

I wear whatever I wore to the park. I rarely wear shorts and a Tshirt to the parks though. It's either a sundress or a skort and top of some sort. My son wore shorts and a button down shirt and tennis shoes. Again what he wears to the parks most of the time. Both times we went back to the resort to rest so we were wearing "fresher" clothes but we had been in the parks before we went to both restaurants.
My son is pretty much athletic wear 24/7. He wears a sports jersey or logo tshirt most days. I'm making him pack a button down shirt for dinner. Glad to know gym/tennis shoes are ok, he only has those or soccer cleats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter