Cali Grill with kids (who are over 9)

jemtx

DIS Veteran
Has anyone recently done Cali Grill with a child who is considered a Disney adult, but still kind of a kid (10-14 range)? I know that they will be charged the adult price, but we’re you able to find things on the menu for them? I’d like to go and found an ADR, but worry that nothing on the adult menu will really appeal to them. We’ve done it in the past when they could order a la carte from the kids menu. Thanks.

Last edited:
I’ve read that they will be fine ordering off the kids menu. But, you may be charged adult portion prices. Maybe someone who has experienced this can chime in.

Has anyone recently done Cali Grill with a child who is considered a Disney adult, but still kind of a kid (10-14 range)? I know that they will be charged the adult price, but we’re you able to find things on the menu for them? I’d like to go and found an ADR, but worry that nothing on the adult menu will really appeal to them. We’ve done it in the past when they could order a la carte from the kids menu. Thanks.
California Grill is not doing their traditional menu right now - it is a 50th Celebration and prix fixe, no ala carte. I think they'll work with you the actual items they'll serve but it will likely still fall within the constraints of the celebration meal at a flat price. If they are a Disney adult, you'll likely pay the adult price.

$89 per adult, plus tax and gratuity​

Anyone age 10 and up will be charged the adult price regardless of what they eat/order.
Of course I completely understand that I was just wondering how others children faired with picking items. I can see that mine’s tastes would lie somewhere in-between the kids and adults menu.
I’d love to go, but wonder if we’d do better with steakhouse 71.

We're going in a couple weeks- kids ages 10 and 13. I'm planning to ask for adult size portions of the beef tenderloin and salmon kids entrees. I think my kids will be happy with that and I don't mind paying adult prices.

We're going in a couple weeks- kids ages 10 and 13. I'm planning to ask for adult size portions of the beef tenderloin and salmon kids entrees. I think my kids will be happy with that and I don't mind paying adult prices.
I ordered off the kids menu at several other restaurants because of allergies.

It's long been possible for adults to order a la carte kids items and pay adult price, so I can't imagine them refusing this when you're not asking for 2 appetizers and no entree, for instance, on a prix fixe meal.

Sounds good. Keep us posted after your trip.

We went here one time and my Youngest was 12 at the time he ordered off the Kids Menu and they charged us the Kids price... guess it depends on who the server is... That was also 7 years ago so things might have changed

7 years ago it wasn't a fixed price restaurant, that just started last year. A fixed price restaurant will probably charge the adult price for anybody over 9, but will work with you on what items they actually order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter