~California Dreamin - Photographic Report~Index on post #1~Completed 8/17/07~

Yayyyyy!!

You're back and posting more :yay:

Backdraft was neat and

very cool pics of Waterworld!!!!

We now head over to see Universal's Animal Actors...

The first demonstration was how they use green screen and fans to film what looks like birds flying in the sky but are just special effects...

DSC_0668.jpg

next up are the dogs...

DSC_0669.jpg

this one was told to go backstage and grab an article of clothing...

DSC_0670.jpg

it seems when the dog was backstage he grabbed this lovely little orangatans bras :blush:

DSC_0671.jpg

this guy was kinda ornery~

DSC_0673.jpg

he kept smacking his handler every time the handler turned his back to him...

DSC_0674.jpg

on the way out I finally got to see the Universal Studios Hollywood sign~

DSC_0678.jpg

the sun was setting in the hollywood hills...

DSC_0680.jpg

Citywalk has lots of wonderful sculpture in it if you look~

DSC_0681.jpg

there was a crew doing some filming while I waited for the girls outside of one of the shops...

DSC_0682.jpg

These were the only sunsets I managed to take while in California :(

this one was obviously from the sideview mirror~

DSC_0683.jpg

this one I turned around for as I got my last look at Los Angeles for this trip.

DSC_0685.jpg

Next up~We head to San Diego~

Yes, I'm back...

Work has finally settled down enough where I have time and energy when I get home at night~I will try not to take so long to get to the San Diego portion of our trip...Sea World was cool but I think the Zoo was my favorite of the two.

Glad you're back...great updates! :thumbsup2 I really like your waterworld and sunset shots! The one through the sideview mirror is actually pretty cool! :)

I can't wait to hear about San Diego. That was the one place that I really would have liked to add to our CA itinerary....but, we just didn't have time. It seems like there is so much to do there!

I am jealous you got to go to Yosemite and I didn't...

Like you said, there's only so much time, you gotta pick and choose~

Hubby and I were talking about Cali last night, he saw my pictures from the Pacific Coast Highway and says he would stay there in a heartbeat. I'm thinking we'd start up near Yosemite and Napa and work our way down to the coast and just stay put on the coast for awhile. I would agree to 4 or 5 days on the coast as long as he agrees to give me 3 or 4 at Disneyland :goodvibes:

Yes Burly, you have...and I thank you immensly!

I have a ton of pics from San Diego, I promise I'll start posting again real soon~

OMG Colleen - that would be SOOOO awesome if you (& John & B&A) all came back to Calif sometime (soon)!!! before or after the cruise - i don't care - but i'm definitely not going to have anything going on when you do, and OF COURSE you'd be more than welcome to come spend some time here!!!!

We left LA/Anaheim late, it wasn't too long a drive. Rose has the car one more day...this is the day Brittany and I decide to take the day off. We were exhausted and really weren't up for anything.

Rose and Stef wound up going to Coronado and La Jolla, they went back up to LA to visit Rose's niece, drove all the way back to San Diego, took the rental car to the airport and had to take a shuttle back to the hotel. :faint: She and Stefanie left at the crack-o-dawn and didn't get back to the hotel til midnight that night. DD and I were soooo happy we stayed in.

We veg'd, watched tv, read, went over to subway for a veggie sammich for her and turkey club for me. We checked out the skate shop across the street and wandered a tiny bit and went right back to the hotel.

This is a Wyndham resort, Rose's timeshare, we got a studio for the SD leg of our trip. DD and me had the couch in her Anaheim condo so Rose let DD and me have the bed for this one. Warning~this is near the end of our trip and our crap is strewn everywhere~

The view from the door...

DSC_0686.jpg

The view towards the door...

DSC_0687.jpg

The view out our window...

DSC_0689.jpg

Our method of transportation for the day...

DSC_0690.jpg

Us, ready for another day of sightseeing, in sunny California :sunny:

DSC_0691.jpg

Today's agenda? Sea World!

We took the train to a transfer spot to a bus to Sea World...

Our first choice of show of the day was the dolphins. Funny how people either like the park or they don't, thankfully, my family and friends like it. Sea World does a great job of showcasing some of the most amazing sea creatures in the world. They help the animals thru rescue and educate the masses thru entertainment.

The stadium was pretty full already, we wound up all the way at the top in the far corner. I liked it cause I could see the dolphins playing in the tank before the show even started...

DSC_0692.jpg

DSC_0693.jpg

They did the obligatory group run and jump outta the shoot~

DSC_0694.jpg

and brought out a HUGE black dolphin, I wish I could remember what type of dolphin he is...

DSC_0695.jpg

They did the rope jump...with the help of an audience member...

DSC_0696.jpg

Next thing we knew that "audience member" was in the tank and being pushed around by the big dolphin!

DSC_0697.jpg

He was ok, it was pretty funny...probably the funniest one we'd seen all day~

The last trick was the high jump, these animals are amazing...

DSC_0698.jpg

next up...shark encounters...

We wander the tanks of many types of sharks...

DSC_0699.jpg

DSC_0701.jpg

DSC_0702.jpg

DSC_0703.jpg

DSC_0704.jpg

Britt and her friend have had discussions about this shark...it's the jaw size of a megaladon (sp?) I had to take this pictures so she could prove to Logan the Megaladon does indeed exist ;)

DSC_0706.jpg

We move on to the seal area, these guys are sooo used to getting fed. They've got the cute thing down when beggin for some fish~

DSC_0707.jpg

DSC_0708.jpg

This bird's feathers were all ruffled as he chilled on the rocks...too cool looking not to get that in a picture!

DSC_0710.jpg

These guys were seals, the first side was filled with sea lions...can you tell the difference?

DSC_0711.jpg

I had already emptied my tray of fish, now it was Rose and Stefanie's turn...Britt refused to touch em, no seal feeding for her today~

DSC_0712.jpg

DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

We've seen lots of flamingos in all the trips we've taken together. This was the first time we'd ever seen a baby in the mix!

DSC_0715.jpg

This is when we stop for lunch...when I come back, Haunted Lighthouses and Pizza and Sea Lions, Oh My!

We took the train to a transfer spot to a bus to Sea World...

Yay!!! :yay:

I've been waiting for these shots :)

I just love watching the dolphins and whales.

tiggerwannabe said:
Next thing we knew that "audience member" was in the tank and being pushed around by the big dolphin!

DSC_0697.jpg

How cool is that?? :thumbsup2

Thank you Tanya, Thank you Blue!

These pictures and the ones from the zoo have some of my favorite shots of the whole trip! I have at least 200 more photos to share yet so as usual, stay tuned for more~

We move on to the seal area, these guys are sooo used to getting fed. They've got the cute thing down when beggin for some fish~

DSC_0707.jpg

They're adorable :thumbsup2

tiggerwannabe said:
We've seen lots of flamingos in all the trips we've taken together. This was the first time we'd ever seen a baby in the mix!

That's pretty neat :upsidedow

Keep them coming Colleen popcorn::

Hey Colleen!!! some more great shots (AND stories) ;) - definitely a good way to start my day with my great :coffee: We haven't been to sea world since Ryan was 3 i think....so really good to see your photos~

Wow, i love your trip report all your pics are great, we were going to do a trip to california just like you have but we never get round to it, cant wait til your next installment

Thanks again Ladies :goodvibes:

Brenda, sounds like high time for you to book a trip south ;)

IheartFlorida, I highly recommend you make the time to go. Even with all the cold weather and grey skies we had it's a beautiful place to visit~

Hi Colleen!!! I'm still lovin' your pictures! Dolphins are my favorite, so I really enjoyed your Sea World shots. Looking forward to more...keep em' comin'!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter